Pattaya Songkran: Hotel bookings well down as tourists stay away

webfact

Just now, emptypockets said:

I go to Pattaya frequently and have never, ever, experienced any of what you allege. 

I don't do the beach road thing at night so I don't have any experience with the red gender people. I do negotiate with taxi drivers if they don't want to use the meter.  If I pay above the standard fare.... So be it.... I and the taxi driver have agreed on a price. Can't say I've come across a rude vendor anywhere but I tend to be respectful to most people.  Maybe that is the reason. 

I do stay at hotels,  I do eat at nice Thai style restaurants and I love walking street.  Particularly the Hot  Tuna bar.. Love Deep Purple and AC/DC that the band plays. 

All up I would recommend Pattaya to friends for a four or five day stay. 

really? i mean really? i have lived and worked there for 7 years and experienced it countless times. its everywhere you go. have no experience of the North but if you judge Thailand on Pattaya or Bangkok there is only 1 conclusion I can draw,,, sh**hole.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Come to Bangkok.  It's a ghost town at this time of year.  Everyone has migrated back to the S**tholes from whence they came.  I'm curious, does anyone not know the word I didn't write because I masked two letters?

i don't.

7 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

really? i mean really? i have lived and worked there for 7 years and experienced it countless times. its everywhere you go. have no experience of the North but if you judge Thailand on Pattaya or Bangkok there is only 1 conclusion I can draw,,, sh**hole.

The topic is Pattaya and tourists. This is what I addressed. Not bangkok or the North.  I stand by my comments and opinion.  Yours obviously differ.  So be it. I like visiting Pattaya.  I didn't say I lived there.

Who is judging Thailand?  Don't know where that comment came from.

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Why do not you think about it ? You have no idea what I own and what size and facilities and yet here you are passing judgements or advising on what I should know.

if this is not trolling , I do not know what is ????

Because I know you dont have those facility .. If you did as a 3 to 4 star hotel advertising on booking .com and Agoda and you matched  air bnb or even cheaper like you say then you wouldn't be posting here around the clock but to busy managing your 100% occupancy rate..sorry to be harsh and Im not the one trolling

The topic is Pattaya and tourists. This is what I addressed. Not bangkok or the North.  I stand by comments.  I like visiting Pattaya.  I didn't say I lived there.

i am not off topic my friend, the tourist numbers are down for a lot of reasons in Pattaya. but from living and working there in my opinion it is a craphole. we each have different expectations and if you like ir fair enough, just surprised by your comments. anyway it does seem people are staying away from paradise for some reason and i think i know why.... my family and I are leaving for good in a couple of weeks along with hordes of others,, enjoy your day

2 hours ago, SuwadeeS said:

Here are some facts:

First, over many years Pattaya rip off a lot of foreigners.

Second, the immigration did a lot of changing, new regulation and rules.

As a matter of fact, many other asian countries look at the mistakes done by the sometimes fascist culture. The other countries got the conclusion, that they have to treat the tourists nice, because they bring a lot of money to the local economy.

Look at the surrounding countries. They get all your tourist. 

Thailand cheated them away, with over and dual pricing.

I do not care what the TAT shows on fake tourist numbers.

Who is going to believe them anyway?

Links to your 'facts' please.

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

hahahaha. what a surprise. Make people feel unwelcome, tell the locals "foreigner bad" time and time again, ignore health and safety for tourists, never clean the place up, ignore reports of violence trying as much as possible to keep it out of the press, in short treat foreigners like crap and they will stop coming. They are not at home, they have gone elsewhere. such stupid people, still less then 2 weeks and myself are family are out of this craphole.... 

Promise not to be one of the many disenchanted brigade who leave but continue to post on this forum incessantly? 

Good luck with your move. 

Promise not to be one of the many disenchanted brigade who leave but continue to post on this forum incessantly? 

Good luck with your move. 

fair enough. good luck staying here, but in my opinion there are much better places to live nowadays if you look.... thats why so many have left and are leaving.

50 minutes ago, BestB said:

Why do not you think about it ? You have no idea what I own and what size and facilities and yet here you are passing judgements or advising on what I should know.

if this is not trolling , I do not know what is ????

Rather assumptions than trolling and as we know assumption is the mother of all <deleted>-ups so Your reaction is understandable … :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Because I know you dont have those facility .. If you did as a 3 to 4 star hotel advertising on booking .com and Agoda and you matched  air bnb or even cheaper like you say then you wouldn't be posting here around the clock but to busy managing your 100% occupancy rate..sorry to be harsh and Im not the one trolling

Stop trolling , you know nothing . <deleted> Mr big shot fly to Australia to bring bed linen and towels to save a few baht. ????

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

Stop trolling , you know nothing . <deleted> Mr big shot fly to Australia to bring bed linen and towels to save a few baht. ????

Maybe get some new ones yourself and the customers may come back. You never know.i see it on the Hotel Inspector. 

Every bit helps. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe get some new ones yourself and the customers may come back. You never know. Every bit helps. 

Another troll, at least he has 1 cheer leader ????

maybe together you you can bring some 2 min noodles , mama noodles can be expansive 

Yup, I guess the local folks just got sick and tired of all the idiots and their stun guns......I have enjoyed Songkran for the past few years in the comfort of my hotel far from all the crazies.....feel better, look better, smell better....????????????????

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

my family and I are leaving for good in a couple of weeks along with hordes of others

Big Joke is not hunting foreigners anymore,  you can come back now. 

10 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Worse still it was low season for Europeans. 

Translation : We can only screw them over so many times

And even the Chinese were not coming in the numbers expected. 

Translation : We listened to TAT!! Never again!

Still all was not lost, said Ekkasit - he has a short term plan.

Translation : He has a bat-shit crazy idea.

for my next holiday instead of thailand i will be going to philippines as im tired of the changing of visas law in thailand that the army seems only to want to screw more money out of tourists and only wanting tourists to come to thailand for 3 months a year so i will go to philippines instead and most i will come to thailand for is 3 months and not at songkran 

6 hours ago, aspenbkk said:

your Country Needs Europeans Americans Australians to keep Laundries Taxis and Bars and cafes open

Yep, Thailand needs more idle, stinking, drunk snackers alright.

4 hours ago, madmen said:

Trying Cambodia and the Philippines ? dude if you booked you blew your cash . The first one is only good for visa runs and the second one is good for nothing 

Shhhhhh!! We just got rid of a bunch of Aussie three pot screamers.

Have you heard their noise and language after two Changs?

8 hours ago, madmen said:

Trying Cambodia and the Philippines ? dude if you booked you blew your cash . The first one is only good for visa runs and the second one is good for nothing 

Not according to all the aussies who have been and had a ball, and have been back numerous times.

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

Shhhhhh!! We just got rid of a bunch of Aussie three pot screamers.

Have you heard their noise and language after two Changs?

Yep, some of us are like that, im not, but leave you to sit with all your chinese tourists in the bar, oh wait silly me, chinese dont go to bars or take bar girls back to their rooms, looks like only you and the bar and heaps of nose picking bar girls, good luck. enjoy your self old lonely guy.

But who in their right minds would expose themselves to 10 days of ice water hammering from buckets ? It gets kind of old after day 3

I go to Pattaya about every three months, work permitting, but block out the calendar bit that includes Songkran, Quite agree, after day 2 , 3 its hardly anything but annoying.

Listen you super loooooooosers....

1.  You came to Thailand to appreciate a different culture, then you hate on their celebration 

2.  You are mad the sex-capital isn't as bad as it used to be, so you actually enjoy a worse Earth and that makes you super evil

3.  You like youtube videos on people helping the poor, then you exploit women for 1000 baht 

4.  You really want to get out of your "farang mindset" but then you come back to TV to troll and get mad at your own existence.

5.  You know it's fun to travel and explore, then hate on the cheap backpackers trying to to experience life.

Solution:  Send me all your money, and I will send you a letter absolving you of guilt.  

god bless you.  

lol

there is no god in pattaya.  maybe in that black hole.  maybe. i'll go look

Archived