Three monks dead as lay driver drops off to sleep and hits a tree

webfact

Three monks dead as lay driver drops off to sleep and hits a tree

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Talk News Online

A group of monks on pilgrimage to the south were killed and injured when their Nissan Xciter van slammed into a tree on Petchkasen Highway yesterday morning. 

Three monks were found dead in what remained of the van or having been thrown out of the vehicle. 

They were named as Phra Anek, Phra Samphan and Phra Khanin. 

Four others - including two monks - were rushed to a local hospital.

5pm2.jpg

Picture: Talk News Online

The accident happened between KM markers 333 and 334 in the Huay Yang area of  Prajuab Khirikhan.

Driver Apirak Maolanon, said that they were on their way from Wat Suan Apithan in Phitsanuloke in Thailand's north on pilgrimage to a temple in Nakorn Sri Thammarat. 

They had just rested for the night at a temple in Cha-Am and had set off in the early hours while still dark heading further south.

He said he dropped off to sleep, lost control and slammed into a tree. 

Source: Talk News Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They had just rested for the night at a temple in Cha-Am and had set off in the early hours while still dark heading further south.

He said he dropped off to sleep, lost control and slammed into a tree.

If the driver rested for the night, I can't see how he could drop-off to sleep; perhaps the Lao Khao was too much of a temptation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 1:56 PM, Liverpudlian said:

Karma is on your shadow now . PS i sell amulets on E.bay should you need a neck load ????

A scouser needs amulets more than anyone else..... You should stop selling and just hoard...

• Confused 1

On 4/10/2019 at 7:23 PM, Benmart said:

I find no humour in the death, pain and misery of others. Those that do, are the products of a dysfunctional and pathetic view of life.

If they had real jobs people might have more sympathy for them

On 4/10/2019 at 6:23 PM, Benmart said:

I find no humour in the death, pain and misery of others. Those that do, are the products of a dysfunctional and pathetic view of life.

That's the funniest post I read for a very long time.

I'll place a sizeable bet you banned the 'Sooty Show' in your house for fear the kids might think the risks which may arise from pushing a cream pie into someone's face must surely outweigh the potential risks and are surely not worth it for the titillation of a bunch of dysfunctional and pathetic children.

The funniest death I remember was a lawyer, defending someone convicted of killing someone during a bar fight, he demonstrated to the jury that the dead man had shot himself as he drew his pistol. He faced the jury and demonstrated - but he also shot himself. He acquitted his client, but died from his injury. Surely nobody laughs at lawyers dying, do they?

Edited by ben2talk
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2019 at 2:14 PM, Moti24 said:

If the driver rested for the night, I can't see how he could drop-off to sleep; perhaps the Lao Khao was too much of a temptation.

it is another assumption of the Police...that he dozed off.....nothing concrete.....they just take a guess....case closed.

Three monks were found dead in what remained of the van or having been thrown out of the vehicle. 

Doesn't look like a van to me, but who cares. Some poor souls are now with the Lord Buddha. RIP, and a speedy and full recovery for the injured ones! 

• 8 months later...