Trouble with my Landlord. Your Suggestions/Comments are Appreciated

birdi9

8 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Terrible advice which could lead to the OP being arrested at the Airport or Border if the Landlord decides to file a Police complaint and yes this has happened before in Thailand

OP you have 3 choices

Tell your lady friend you know she has scammed you and you want the money back in 7 days 

Go to the Police and report her for theft - you will probably need to give them a few thousand baht to take action - Thais normally confess pretty quickly when the police start to get heavy

Pay the 5 months rent again

At the end of the day YOU are responsible to ensure the landlord receives the rent - not your lady friend not your liason - you

So it's you that needs to resolve the problem

Thanks Darrendsd for good advice, particularly on reporting her to the police and possible stand that police may take. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

If this were Thais renting the house, they would have trashed the place, pissed and shat in every room and left.

Have you heard anything further from the landlord? Are they demanding money? If not and the landlord does not have a copy of your passport I guess you could just leave.

You could get some legal advice first so you know where you stand before making your decision, but I suspect it's not worth the hassle and will only turn your hair grey.

I think the landlord badly needs me to stay in her house as the house was not rented for very long time prior to myself renting it.

Also it is the first house that I have rented in Thailand. I accepted the asking rental price which was and is way higher that its today's rental value

On 4/13/2019 at 2:37 AM, birdi9 said:

I think the landlord badly needs me to stay in her house as the house was not rented for very long time prior to myself renting it.

Also it is the first house that I have rented in Thailand. I accepted the asking rental price which was and is way higher that its today's rental value

If you're not paying the landlord the rent I doubt he badly needs you to stay

I thank everybody that has so far contributed by making comments, suggestions, recommendations or otherwise. Such comments have been very beneficial, particularly that they have come from people with differing view points.

So thanks again and I don't have any further need for discussion on this topic at this time, though I will come back to look at them again sometimes in future. Regards - birdi9

Archived