Two boys killed in Krabi hit-and-run

webfact

Two boys killed in Krabi hit-and-run

By The Nation

14d45a80427a5066c38bffd305afa196.jpg

Police in Krabi are hunting for the driver of a pickup truck who struck and killed two adolescent boys riding a motorcycle and failed to stop.

The boys, 14 and 12 years old, who have not been identified, were killed just after midnight on Sai Khao-Klong Thom Road in the village of Ban Klong Raed, Klong Thom district.

Pol Lt Col Phanom Nualla-ong cited witness reports indicating they were among a group of 50 young motorcyclists who had arrived at the location at high speed and were making a U-turn.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367465

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-10

12 hours ago, mercman24 said:

very sad , two boys 12/14 on a bike at midnight say it all. does not for one moment condone the low life that mowed them down, probably pissed at that time of night

Makes you wonder where the parents were

12 hours ago, mercman24 said:

very sad , two boys 12/14 on a bike at midnight say it all. does not for one moment condone the low life that mowed them down, probably pissed at that time of night

The parents of the two boys should be prosecuted for allowing the children to be riding a motorcycle out on the open roads.

Very sad for the boys.  The parents ...  ???!!!

I used to let my younger son host LAN parties at our house, where they would all play computer games and hang out in a safe environment.  No drugs, no B.S.  Older boy was never a problem, but got himself killed in Iraq with the U.S. Marines at age 20.  So I know about loss.  What were these parents thinking? 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

boys, 14 and 12 years old, who have not been identified, were killed just after midnight

Underage, unlicensed, after midnight?? Obviously no parental supervision. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

among a group of 50 young motorcyclists who had arrived at the location at high speed and were making a U-turn. 

50 punks out terrorizing the neighbourhood.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Lt Col Phanom Nualla-ong cited witness reports indicating they were among a group of 50 young motorcyclists

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The boys, 14 and 12 years old, 

The boys, 14 and 12 years old, who have not been identified, were killed just after midnight

Parenting at it's best !!!

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The parents of the two boys should be prosecuted for allowing the children to be riding a motorcycle out on the open roads.

I agree about  a parenting issue which is incredibly commonplace in Thailand but I don't know what law the parents broke   which leads them to prosecution.

Do you know of a prosecutable  law they broke?

RIP young lads but sorry to say last night whilst driving in the dark on route 12 near the turn to Loei, a similar gang of young motorcyclists were road racing wearing no helmets and weaving in and out of the traffic. Several had no rear lights and all I could see in my headlights were dark images swaying in front of me - it was extremely dangerous.

Parents are indeed culpable in this as well for gross negligence / irresponsibility.  Driving around after the sun goes down is a fool's errand as so many dangers lurk with many running around (on / in substandard vehicles) as fast as possible to go to get food, ferry kids around or get intoxicated ... little wonder that 5-9 pm is carnage time and later on you have the really dangerous drivers around. 

Archived