Loud motorcyclists fined on Soi Khopai

Rimmer

Loud motorcyclists fined on Soi Khopai

image.png

PATTAYA:--Three bikers were fined 1,000 baht each for having loud motorcycles in a South Pattaya crackdown.

Pol. Lt. Col. Saranpong Maithongkulthorn led the team of officers manning the checkpoint in the middle of Soi Khopai April 7.

Two Honda PCXs and a Honda Wave were stopped and inspected, with officers deeming the bikes too loud.

The checkpoint was set up after complaints about loud motorbikes by Khopai Community President Wirat Joyjinda.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-10--

27 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Two Honda PCXs and a Honda Wave were stopped and inspected, with officers deeming the bikes too loud.

Why, oh why would anyone modify the exhaust systems on bikes like these? What did they think they would achieve with said modifications, impress their 14 year old girlfriends? IMO, there's a 0 missing on the fines.

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Why, oh why would anyone modify the exhaust systems on bikes like these? What did they think they would achieve with said modifications, impress their 14 year old girlfriends? IMO, there's a 0 missing on the fines.

Self advertising... letting everybody know they are an A$$ H*!&...

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

when are the executions?

Wishful thinking?

They remove the baffles from the exhausts thinking it gives the scooter more power. 

In Sakon Nakon we have a neighbor goes to the rubber plantation at 3.30 am on a similar machine, everyone has to wake up at the same time as the p#!%k.

The comical  farrangs riding up and down on deafening Harley’s in Pattaya need a financial penalty too, blipping the throttle and looking round to see who’s looking at them. 

14 hours ago, Vacuum said:

A few drill holes is about it but the aim is simply to make more 'look at me' noise. 

15 hours ago, Vacuum said:

There is also a brain missing inside their heads

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

A few drill holes is about it but the aim is simply to make more 'look at me' noise. 

One would think the quieter the better so they don't attract the attention of the BIB since many are underage, unlicensed and helmetless. 

2 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

One would think the quieter the better so they don't attract the attention of the BIB since many are underage, unlicensed and helmetless. 

Apparently not, the weediest of bikes are often churning out the DBs. Perhaps one day he was side by side with a hairy biker on his Harley and felt 'I need some of that', obviously the bike beyond his means. So I blame Harleys!

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The O does exist. It's the bikers IQ.

In Pattaya Darkside when the working people need to sleep the hell breaks out.

Brainless youngsters making races in Soi Khao Noi, Soi Khao Talo passing the 120 decibel sound barrier.

I have seen a woman in night dress shouting at a police man obviously why he didn't do his job.

While three kids were starting at the opposite road side at 7/eleven their bikes without mufflers.

He was not even looking over to the kids who drove off with a grin in the face. 

The bikes should be confiscated and given to an auction but never returned to the owner, simple as that.

That will make them learning.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, Vacuum said:

I did it to impress 14 year old girl friends....Fond memories.....????

On 4/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

We have complained about this on second road and beach road for loooong time so please come but ofcores nothing happens 

They are all over Thailand, verrrry annoying and it shows the lack of power from the police.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, Vacuum said:

I wonder the same every time I hear one which is often! they sound like cement mixers on steroids.

Most are young kids, what are there parents thinking allowing them to ride these anti social pieces of crap? at that point Dad goes roaring by in his piece of crap truck, overloaded, modified exhaust and blowing pollutants over everyone - beggars belief!

The me, me, me people  ????

13 minutes ago, CGW said:

I wonder the same every time I hear one which is often! they sound like cement mixers on steroids.

Most are young kids, what are there parents thinking allowing them to ride these anti social pieces of crap? at that point Dad goes roaring by in his piece of crap truck, overloaded, modified exhaust and blowing pollutants over everyone - beggars belief!

The me, me, me people  ????

'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree'

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree'

True, its not going to get any better, as there is more chance of youngsters getting a social conscience than there is off having a functioning Police force.

Shutting down the thousands of shops across the country that sell these exhausts would be a start - not going to happen though is it ????

Just now, CGW said:

True, its not going to get any better, as there is more chance of youngsters getting a social conscience than there is off having a functioning Police force.

Shutting down the thousands of shops across the country that sell these exhausts would be a start - not going to happen though is it ????

1965, I ended up in front of a judge for excessive noise from my Lambretta...I had just bought a new chrome silencer. So I took it with me to the court to show this nice shiny thing to the judge. I said I bought it at a Lambretta shop in good faith that it was OK.....

He put his head in his hands, looked at the cop in the dock...."WELL".....

The cop says we are trying to stop the importation of these silencers that make a noise...

Judge still head in hands looked at me and said...."Hmmm, well it seems you were making a noise which I must take into consideration.....2 pound fine with no license endorsement"..????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

1965, I ended up in front of a judge for excessive noise from my Lambretta...I had just bought a new chrome silencer. So I took it with me to the court to show this nice shiny thing to the judge. I said I bought it at a Lambretta shop in good faith that it was OK.....

You were a "Mod" should have been a jail term with hard labour :shock1:

Believe now in Europe, exhausts have to be stamped with the seal of approval..........

34 minutes ago, johng said:

They have been stamped in Thailand for quite a while   T.I.S

Interesting, wonder why the cops don't go after offenders, it would be easy money for them, there must be a directive from above to stay clear?

Archived