BANGKOK 19 June 2019 06:14
myshem

Dunlop car tires half price of other brands ? Have you found other cheap but good ?

hello,

It seems that Dunlop tires are always a lot cheaper than other brands, is it also your experience ?

or have you found as cheap / cheaper ?

I do not want to use crap tires but Dunlop should be good ? Anyway, are we pilots to justify buying the most expensive scam tires ?

Thanks for your report.

Motor forum

Moved

Posted (edited)

Toyo have fitted as standard Dunlop tyres on my Tuna 20inch wheels. I find them top class. Lots of grip even in the wet. If you can get them cheap, as long as they are not out of date can only recommend them. 

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Toyo have fitted as standard Dunlop tyres on my Tuna 20inch wheels. I find them top class. Lots of grip even in the wet. If you can get them cheap, as long as they are not out of date can only recommend them. 

Or remoulds or part worn or repaired - one thing you never piss about with is tyres - depending on the car of course. The higher the spec the more you want quality.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Or remoulds or part worn or repaired - one thing you never piss about with is tyres - depending on the car of course. The higher the spec the more you want quality.

The OP said he was going to buy new tyres. I just assumed that he wasn't going to get part warn and the likes. My Dunlop aren't cheap being 20" wheels. Whatever they have very good grip. My lump corners like it's on rails.

I found this Dunlop Buy 2 Get 2 sale back at the end of February.  Excellent deal!

My Dunlops have been excellent. Made in Germany by the way

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, wjhall said:

My Dunlops have been excellent. Made in Germany by the way

You in LOS ..?

• Like 2

try lazada.com for cheaper than shop bought tires, just put in tyre sizes and check prices.

I noticed that there were price differences with tyres before I replaced mine, just make sure they are made where they are supposed to be made, e.g. if you have a pick up and you want to buy Bridgestone, you can find them cheaper if they are made in Laos as they do not meet European standards when it comes to weight, suffice to say, I preferred to pay the extra, i.e. purchased the Bridgestone's that were made here in Thailand as they meet the European standard for weight.

Just saying, cheaper isn't necessarily better. Safe driving 🙂

• Like 1