Dunlop car tires half price of other brands ? Have you found other cheap but good ?

myshem

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, gjoo888 said:

My Toyota came with Dunlop tires when I bought it new. Good tires performance-wise, but they only lasted about 30,000 km. I replaced them with Michelin tires, and they lasted about twice as long as the Dunlop's for not too much more money.

The Dunlop I have on my Tuna are two years old, have done 27th, and still look like new. Must be the way you drive.

Edited by fredob43

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

The Dunlop I have on my Tuna have done 27th, and still look like new. Must be the way you drive.

Or the way you drive.....????

My ol' Vigo came with Mich tyres, two lasted about 70Km, I bought two of the same and after about 20+Km they were stuffed.....The next two I fitted cheap tyres which were no ploblem...My conclusion was a bad "soft" batch of Mich..

13 hours ago, transam said:

Or the way you drive.....????

My ol' Vigo came with Mich tyres, two lasted about 70Km, I bought two of the same and after about 20+Km they were stuffed.....The next two I fitted cheap tyres which were no ploblem...My conclusion was a bad "soft" batch of Mich..

Must admit I don't ever speed away from the lights. And I always look well ahead so if there is a hold up or T/lights I take my foot off the loud peddle and cruse to all the hold ups. 

Under normal driving I use C/C as much a poss.

My old auto 3lt Capri I got 90th miles on a set of pads. Only changed them then as the discs were buggered. 

Edited by fredob43

1 hour ago, cheeryble said:

I ordered Dunlop for my motorbike and waited many months for arrival from ?Japan.
Well worth it.
Stuck to road like an eraser.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Like an eraser.....????

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 5:12 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

Are they real Dunlop or Thai-lop copies? Where are they manufactured?

Michelin, Goodyear, Bridgestone etc all have huge manufacturing sites in Thailand, the tires from which are exported all over the world.

On 4/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

He could have said ... stuck to the road like a rubber.... but to the Yanks, that's a condom. Can't say I get much mileage out of condoms myself.

We say, "Holds the road like sh_t to a blanket"..or..."Sticks to the road like glue"...As I am posh I say the latter....????

On 4/27/2019 at 7:49 AM, transam said:

Cheap truck....!   ????

On 4/27/2019 at 12:56 AM, myshem said:

what is funny is to read the comments of "experts" here. Explain me how you see the difference of tyres on a cheap truck ?!

Brake hard or throw any pickup around the road and you gonna find if your tires are poor quality or not. There can be 3m or more in braking distance (0-100 km/h) between no name and premium brand tires. It's not something worth skimping on. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, DavisH said:

Brake hard or throw any pickup around the road and you gonna find if your tires are poor quality or not. There can be 3m or more in braking distance (0-100 km/h) between no name and premium brand tires. It's not something worth skimping on. 

I didn't Rally-cross my trusty 4x4 Vigo.....????

• 9 months later...