Chinese people everywhere

jil

Don Meuang airport is overloaded with Chinese people, very noisy of course. Is this normal for this time of the year?

My goodness, it almost looks as if I'm in China.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Tapatalk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen quite a few of the big multi coloured double deckers in Udon Thani this week full of our well mannered asian neighbors. 

Not seen any of them pooping at the roadside yet, I’m guessing they relieved themselves on beach road Pattaya. 

1 minute ago, twocatsmac said:

Seen quite a few of the big multi coloured double deckers in Udon Thani this week full of our well mannered asian neighbors. 

Not seen any of them pooping at the roadside yet, I’m guessing they relieved themselves on beach road Pattaya. 

whoops, they are  going north, feel sorry for your guys who live up there, the ones on the south side appear safe for now.....let's not wish the double decker will flip over

Just now, Snow Leopard said:

It's everywhere. Not just Thailand. The downside is their disposable cash whilst on holiday is 100B. 

my friends that still living there told me their buying power was reduced by around 40-50% the fat piggy bank has shrinked and will keep shrinking

Visiting Koh Samet a couple of times per year has allowed me to witness the shift from backpackers to Russians to predominantly Chinese..

They kind of take over the place, considering the numbers they’re ok, not really rude or overwhelming loud... just a little chaotic perhaps...

Take 500 people from any nationality and there will he a couple who are rude & obnoxious... the Chinese are just simply ignorant of their volume....

On a flight this week, I boarded, found my seat, was putting my baggage in the overhead bin & I heard some shouting.... I was startled... then I saw 4 Chinese guys talking with each other behind me & across to the 2nd isle!!!... not tolerant of such matters I gave a “Shhhhhhhh!!!”... The smiled and said thank-you.... 

Its not the poor classes who behave like this, I was on a flight from the UAE in Business Class...  it’s just simple ignorance, no malice, no harm...

I was in Pattaya not long ago and Chinese people everywhere  noisy and lacking normal manners.

Cheap flights from everywhere in China promoted by the tourism authorities will eventually make 

farangs choose other countries for sunmy holidays. Not long ago there were loads of Russians coming completely ignorant of Thai culture.

I think the Thai tourism folks are onto them. The Chinese come by the thousands and spend next to nothing that ends up in Thai pockets. Chinese airline, tour bus, travel agency, restaurants, hotels, gift shops.......

It would be a different matter of they spent all their cash in actual Thailand! 

With the combined import and export leakage virtually none of their money ends up in Thai pockets, so where's the benefits of the boom in Chinese tourism?

On 4/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, Mavideol said:

whoops, they are  going north, feel sorry for your guys who live up there, the ones on the south side appear safe for now.....let's not wish the double decker will flip over

they are coming for the air no doubt

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

I think the Thai tourism folks are onto them. The Chinese come by the thousands and spend next to nothing that ends up in Thai pockets. Chinese airline, tour bus, travel agency, restaurants, hotels, gift shops.......

With the combined import and export leakage virtually none of their money ends up in Thai pockets, so where's the benefits of the boom in Chinese tourism?

Chinese are into latex

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

"Thailand relies heavily on Chinese tourists to meet its tourism revenue target of 2.2 trillion baht in 2015 and 2.3 trillion in 2016. It is estimated that the average Chinese tourist remains in the country for one week and spends 30,000–40,000baht (US$1,000–1,300) per person, per trip."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

On 4/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, twocatsmac said:

Wait till they get in to an "all you can eat" buffet.:crazy:

On 4/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Visiting Koh Samet a couple of times per year has allowed me to witness the shift from backpackers to Russians to predominantly Chinese..

They kind of take over the place, considering the numbers they’re ok, not really rude or overwhelming loud... just a little chaotic perhaps...

Take 500 people from any nationality and there will he a couple who are rude & obnoxious... the Chinese are just simply ignorant of their volume....

On a flight this week, I boarded, found my seat, was putting my baggage in the overhead bin & I heard some shouting.... I was startled... then I saw 4 Chinese guys talking with each other behind me & across to the 2nd isle!!!... not tolerant of such matters I gave a “Shhhhhhhh!!!”... The smiled and said thank-you.... 

Its not the poor classes who behave like this, I was on a flight from the UAE in Business Class...  it’s just simple ignorance, no malice, no harm...

I would call it lack of education.... poor or rich classes (as Thais say) all same same

On 4/10/2019 at 7:06 PM, Kjell Flodin said:

I was in Pattaya not long ago and Chinese people everywhere  noisy and lacking normal manners.

Cheap flights from everywhere in China promoted by the tourism authorities will eventually make 

farangs choose other countries for sunmy holidays. Not long ago there were loads of Russians coming completely ignorant of Thai culture.

3 hours ago, Cereal said:

They deal with the Thai Chinese.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:02 PM, GeorgeCross said:

wonder where they are going?

not pattaya according to another thread

Thousands of Chinese are in Pattaya. Hundreds of Tour buses are cruising round various hotspots from Pratumnak big buddha to walking street and many other places. The large hotpot joints on 3rd Rd are doing big business feeding 3 buses at a time. Whole groups go to go bars and gawp at the dancers. A bunch of middle aged men and women in the Iron last week plus plenty of other example too numerous to list. Whether or not they'll be around for songkran ....I don't know.

Funny, when I first started going on surf trips to Bali and around Indonesia back in the 90's the Indonesian government distrusted and hated the Chinese.  So much so that it was illegal to have ANYTHING (books/food wrappers/toys/religious items etc.) with Chinese writing on it. 

They were very strict and this even applied to the ethnic Chinese born and raised/living in Indonesia.  The Chinese Indonesians were treated like sh*t and had no rights as citizens of their own country.  They couldn't get a job as a police officer or any government job etc. and they were the outcasts.

Now it is a different story.  The Chinese are everywhere and now they sell motorcycles and all kinds of stuff made in China.  The Chinese tourists are everywhere in Indonesia now too and their government is sucking up to the Chinese Government for investments etc... and we all know that it's best not to go down that road.

I have a feeling that Indonesia (and other countries in a similar position) will regret their change of heart for short term monetary gain.  

Archived