Chinese people everywhere

jil

On 4/10/2019 at 7:06 PM, Kjell Flodin said:

I was in Pattaya not long ago and Chinese people everywhere  noisy and lacking normal manners.

Cheap flights from everywhere in China promoted by the tourism authorities will eventually make 

farangs choose other countries for sunmy holidays. Not long ago there were loads of Russians coming completely ignorant of Thai culture.

The Russians have returned. Mainly Blue Collar Class, poorly educated families with small kids. The Thais who speak Russian or their Cambodian employees do a lot of business Especially around Pratumnak with the heart of little gulag being Soi Wacharwaroon AKA Soi Cozy Beach. In that road all the signage is in Russian.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, twocatsmac said:

Seen quite a few of the big multi coloured double deckers in Udon Thani this week full of our well mannered asian neighbors. 

Not seen any of them pooping at the roadside yet, I’m guessing they relieved themselves on beach road Pattaya. 

You would be guessing wrong. It is the falangs and locals who relieve themselves on the beach. Nobody on the Beach Road.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:06 PM, Kjell Flodin said:

Not long ago there were loads of Russians coming completely ignorant of Thai culture.

That's right, not long ago. 

Long ago I've seen the US Americans behaving like monkeys right off the trees, then the German, the Brits, the Russian ... believe me boy, you will see a lot more in your live... if you life long enough ????

On 4/10/2019 at 6:02 PM, GeorgeCross said:

wonder where they are going?

not pattaya according to another thread

Thousands of them in CM.

They have arrived today afternoon. 

I saw them this evening at Maya cross street. They look like have broken their cage just not long ago. Bunch of morons with water guns shooting at by passer motorcycles. 

14 hours ago, Cereal said:

I think the Thai tourism folks are onto them. The Chinese come by the thousands and spend next to nothing that ends up in Thai pockets. Chinese airline, tour bus, travel agency, restaurants, hotels, gift shops.......

It would be a different matter of they spent all their cash in actual Thailand! 

With the combined import and export leakage virtually none of their money ends up in Thai pockets, so where's the benefits of the boom in Chinese tourism?

I was in BTS Chit Lom's Bid C two weeks ago,

mainland Chinese were buying loads and loads of over priced tourist items that I bought when I was a first time tourist in Thailand. 

They have a dedicated tour bus parking area behind the store for them.  

They even bought trays and trays worth of honey because their water and land is too polluted even for third world standard. 

11 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Funny, when I first started going on surf trips to Bali and around Indonesia back in the 90's the Indonesian government distrusted and hated the Chinese.  So much so that it was illegal to have ANYTHING (books/food wrappers/toys/religious items etc.) with Chinese writing on it. 

They were very strict and this even applied to the ethnic Chinese born and raised/living in Indonesia.  The Chinese Indonesians were treated like sh*t and had no rights as citizens of their own country.  They couldn't get a job as a police officer or any government job etc. and they were the outcasts.

Now it is a different story.  The Chinese are everywhere and now they sell motorcycles and all kinds of stuff made in China.  The Chinese tourists are everywhere in Indonesia now too and their government is sucking up to the Chinese Government for investments etc... and we all know that it's best not to go down that road.

I have a feeling that Indonesia (and other countries in a similar position) will regret their change of heart for short term monetary gain.  

It is all third world vs third world.   

Mainland China is a more advanced third world; let the bigger one be the boss.  

Why would any first world country want to deal in those dirty third world places?  

European countries had a twenty year head start ahead of mainland Chinese in Indonesia; 

should have taken up all the seats twenty years ago and leave the mainland Chinese nothing.      

6 hours ago, Johnnyngai said:

No.

Boss? Dutch and Japanese were bosses. You'll need to look up what "boss" really means. So far, no massacres and summary executions of the Indonesians by the Chinese, right?

Why? 'Cause you think so?

Why would any first world country want to deal in those dirty third world places?

All the usual reasons, same as first world countries always have. 

European countries had a twenty year head start ahead of mainland Chinese in Indonesia; 

should have taken up all the seats twenty years ago and leave the mainland Chinese nothing.      

Oh, the head start was much longer than that. We dunno much his'try 'round 'ere. Try 400 years. Dutch took up all the seats and left out the other European countries. Kicked out by the Japanese. Tried to take over again, kicked out by Indonesian nationalists. Good riddance. Aren't Ozzies doing well in Bali nowadays, taking up all the bar seats?

European nanny states now have enough problems keeping their own seats and rotating them around. Let's let the Indonesians decide where their bread is buttered nowadays rather than decide for them. Meanwhile, 

U.S. technology companies generate roughly $100 billion to $150 billion in revenues from China annually, Jefferies analysts estimate. -CNBC

Looking up Western companies' revenues from other Asian countries is left as an exercise for the reader. 

6 hours ago, Johnnyngai said:

interesting and puzzling theory.... you will have some interesting and not so interesting posts

I'm fed up of the complaints on Thai Visa about too many Chinese/ Russians/ Indians whatever.

This is a tourism friendly country and short flights from these countries. What else do you expect? Planeloads of Americans? Suck up to it, and accept it, or move elsewhere. And for those of you complaining of loud behaviour etc etc - well, you should be outside a pub/ club anywhere in the UK on a weekend night at close time and watch the punters staggering out.

45 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

would they complain if there were big fat farangs in singlets and slip slops drunk as skunk

and swearing there head off

Not at all. Those, you see, are just some 'o the lads hevvin' a bit o' fun. In fact they might commit some minor crimes, have sex in public, have an accident, or cause an accident and get it all excused away, "blowing off steam, let he who has never sinned," "when I wuz young or drunk I did blah blah, didn't you? and "innocently provoked by a Thai, it's the Thai's fault." None of that affectionate understanding and sympathetic cluck-cluck given to anyone other than white Europeans, esp. Brits. Oh--none for Americans either.

22 hours ago, BigStar said:

No.

Boss? Dutch and Japanese were bosses. You'll need to look up what "boss" really means. So far, no massacres and summary executions of the Indonesians by the Chinese, right?

Why? 'Cause you think so?

All the usual reasons, same as first world countries always have. 

Oh, the head start was much longer than that. We dunno much his'try 'round 'ere. Try 400 years. Dutch took up all the seats and left out the other European countries. Kicked out by the Japanese. Tried to take over again, kicked out by Indonesian nationalists. Good riddance. Aren't Ozzies doing well in Bali nowadays, taking up all the bar seats?

European nanny states now have enough problems keeping their own seats and rotating them around. Let's let the Indonesians decide where their bread is buttered nowadays rather than decide for them. Meanwhile, 

U.S. technology companies generate roughly $100 billion to $150 billion in revenues from China annually, Jefferies analysts estimate. -CNBC

Looking up Western companies' revenues from other Asian countries is left as an exercise for the reader. 

I actually mean the Indonesians should have accepted all the good offers from first world countries 20 years ago. 

Now they are stuck with low ball offers from Mainland China.       

We are swarmed by 63 million thais..nobody seems to have noticed.[emoji16]
..a few Chinese are not gonna make any difference
The difference is (amongst others) NOISE.

Sent from my SM-J250F using Tapatalk

On 4/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, Cereal said:

I think the Thai tourism folks are onto them. The Chinese come by the thousands and spend next to nothing that ends up in Thai pockets. Chinese airline, tour bus, travel agency, restaurants, hotels, gift shops.......

It would be a different matter of they spent all their cash in actual Thailand! 

With the combined import and export leakage virtually none of their money ends up in Thai pockets, so where's the benefits of the boom in Chinese tourism?

So true. I talked to 9nevsmall sidewalk shop that just rudely shoos  them away if they approach. She says that 10 of them take up 2 tables and order and share 2 bowls of rice for 2 hours=  no profit.

When I was in Koh Larn they were driving the guy who rents chairs on the beach crazy.  They would sit in the chars and then when he asked for the 100 a chair they wouldn't pay so he would need to chase them off.  Yeah big spenders. 

Is  true. Swarming !

My  daughter  married  one.

Really  nice  guy.

His  father too..

Mother  a  bit reserved  after  my daughter told  her  to pull  her head  in .

3 really  cute  grand kids for  me.

But I  guess  I should be  gutted about  it.

"People"  are  everywhere! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, twocatsmac said:

Seen quite a few of the big multi coloured double deckers in Udon Thani this week full of our well mannered asian neighbors. 

Not seen any of them pooping at the roadside yet, I’m guessing they relieved themselves on beach road Pattaya. 

I don't think the taxi drivers will be happy.

a long spell back,  me and my wife went to an island (i forget which one) and there was a smaller island with a neat beach that when the tide was out,  connected to yet another island that you could walk to and explore.

We thought it'd be fun to go over and check it out,  so we got on a boat and they dropped us off.   I think they gave us 4 hours to do our thing and meet them back at the dock to return.

We got there and it was a zoo,   all kinds of fat loud men in speedo suits and loads of kids.   They were rude,  spitting and vile,  skipping in line like they had a fire to outrun.

I asked my wife "w.t.f?"    (She is Thai) she said it never used to be this way until they let the chinese leave china.

Apparently,  the poor behaviour was so poor,  that the chinese have started giving classes to travellers on appropriate behavior and conduct while abroad.    Back home,  we have that too,  it is called manners and polite consideration of others.

That night a half dozen drunken chinese men went tearing up and down the main drag on rental motorbikes.   Causing all kinds of trouble.   Pissing on the side of buildings,  trying to fight other tourists,  nearly crashing into the lobby of the hotel... It left quite an impression.

I always figured I am a guest here, and as such,  had better mind my manners and leave folks with a good impression.    After all,  I am an ambassedor for the State of Jefferson.

It is astounding how different the cultures of Japan and China are in this regard with a relatively short span of sea between them.

51 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

all kinds of fat loud men in speedo suits and loads of kids.  

This is where your over-dramatic tale of debauchery falls flat on it's face.

Up to four years ago, most Chinese couples could only have one kid and excess weight is relatively new to China. It's mainly a phenomenon in the millennials. They haven't started breeding yet.

They do have awful taste in swimwear though. Board shorts aren't allowed in swimming pools that I've visited in China as they are seen as normal day wear even though one pair of my board shorts are made by Speedo.

But do carry on with the racist Sinophobia everyone, it's very entertaining.

Archived