Chinese people everywhere

jil

hey traubert,  keep in mind that loads of kids category is easy to fill with me.   All it takes is one little screamer to ruin an outing.  

sinophobia?   more like chinagitation ...   Folks from other asian countries seem to have manners and are polite.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2019 at 2:31 PM, twocatsmac said:

Seen quite a few of the big multi coloured double deckers in Udon Thani this week full of our well mannered asian neighbors. 

Not seen any of them pooping at the roadside yet, I’m guessing they relieved themselves on beach road Pattaya. 

What are they doing up North? This doesn't seem to be their natural habitat, have you tried to observe them, at safe distance, of course? 

• 5 months later...

I noticed that when we flew out to Chiang Rai two weeks ago! The international queue was a mile long with mostly Chinese tourists! Even in Chiang Rai during an off time the tourist spots were over run with them! Good for the Thai economy I guess and probably why they don’t really care about us western tourists all that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 4/13/2019 at 3:08 AM, Sealbash said:

Does this imaginary “downside” affect you personally?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah, keep up your sanctimonious "holier than thou" attitude...but the cultural invasion of Chinese tourists is real. I used to decry people criticizing them too, including the <deleted> blogger Richard Barrow, who, when I criticized him on Twitter for fomenting anti-Chinese sentiment (in Thai, no less), the <deleted> blocked me!

But then I read the now well-known article by a Chinese blogger, translated into English, on the horrors he witnessed being perpetrated by his countrymen in Sihanoukville in Cambodia, a city they have pretty much destroyed (https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newsworthy/sihanoukville-seen-through-the-eyes-chinese-blogger-t25829.html).

So...yeah, I've given up defending them. They are a major problem and detriment to the countries of Southeast Asia. Even level-headed Chinese nationals agree.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, Mavideol said:
On 4/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, twocatsmac said:

Seen quite a few of the big multi coloured double deckers in Udon Thani this week full of our well mannered asian neighbors. 

Not seen any of them pooping at the roadside yet, I’m guessing they relieved themselves on beach road Pattaya. 

On 4/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, Mavideol said:

whoops, they are  going north, feel sorry for your guys who live up there, the ones on the south side appear safe for now.....let's not wish the double decker will flip over

Madam Moon tells me there are regular organized shopping trips over from Laos and Vietnam, Chinese also transit through Laos for the same purpose.

There are, in fact quite strong Sino/Thai links in Udon Thani due to early Chinese settlers. The Chinese Cultural Centre in Udon is worth a visit.

Archived