agent for marriage to a thai

dode57k

I've been quoted 25,000 baht by an agent in Jomtien to handle everything once I get my affirmation of freedom to marry from the British embassy. I know I can do it all myself but I'd rather employ an agent. Does anyone have recommendations for reasonably priced agents in Jomtien/Pattaya?

thanks

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Why are you insistent on using an agent ?? 

Just take the docs to the Amphur and ask for a marriage certificate. Pay the fee, which is about 20 baht and you are done..

Basically because I'm a lazy bugger who would rather pay someone than do it myself (includes repairs etc) ???? However I might just find out exactly how easy it is and take your advice.

Thank you

1 minute ago, dode57k said:

Basically because I'm a lazy bugger who would rather pay someone than do it myself (includes repairs etc) ???? However I might just find out exactly how easy it is and take your advice.

Thank you

Unless your future wife can't read or write, it should be a straight forward process. As long as you have the required documents, which you can ask them what is needed in advance..

1 minute ago, dode57k said:

Don't hold back man ???? 

You sound like you've had bad experiences with agents. I'm sure they have their place and can smooth many processes. Granted at a a cost.

If it was 500 baht, then maybe it would be worth it but anything above that is just a joke ..

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Unless your future wife can't read or write, it should be a straight forward process. As long as you have the required documents, which you can ask them what is needed in advance..

My thoughts are changing...thanks

2 minutes ago, See Will said:

Elite Visa, and the you are crying about 25k baht? I guess you uncovered your own lie.. 

Does it feel good to be so judgemental? Watch you don't fall off that high horse you're on. You know nothing about me, my finances, or the reasons behind me getting the elite visa.

9 minutes ago, tw25rw said:

I think I paid 11k in 2015 in Bangkok, and that included the UK embassy fee. They even supplied 2 witnesses to come to Prakhanong council offices.

The British Embassy supplied two Thai witnesses for you to get married?  Yeah, right, of course they did.

What of the guarantee that the Thai Better Half  is not (still?) married? 

does the Amphur purely rely upon whether a 'Mrs..." is not the name on her ID card?

and the same ? for on her House Registration... 

If the Thai had in the past been married overseas, does 'the Amphur system' know? (if the Thai has not informed them personally herself)

1 hour ago, dode57k said:

Does it feel good to be so judgemental? Watch you don't fall off that high horse you're on. You know nothing about me, my finances, or the reasons behind me getting the elite visa.

Complimentary access to temples?

2 hours ago, dode57k said:

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

The British Embassy supplied two Thai witnesses for you to get married?  Yeah, right, of course they did.

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

NO, the hatred is warranted and for good reason. It is a simple  procedure, do it yourself!

2 hours ago, See Will said:

Elite Visa, and the you are crying about 25k baht? I guess you uncovered your own lie.. 

This is a very bitchy forum. I think he meant the agent provided for the witnesses, not the Embassy, hate is a waste of time and who is crying?

If you are lazy like you say then get an agent. There are a few requirements, waiting in multiple queues, different forms, language barrier etc so save yourself the drama and pay someone to do it.

It will be easier and quicker, done in one go.

Some Amphur offices are easy, friendly and efficient, know what they are doing, some useless and difficult and a nightmare. 

Some of the people who replied to you sound like they want you to waste your time.

Strange people.

12 hours ago, RobMuir said:

This is a very bitchy forum. I think he meant the agent provided for the witnesses, not the Embassy, hate is a waste of time and who is crying?

If you are lazy like you say then get an agent. There are a few requirements, waiting in multiple queues, different forms, language barrier etc so save yourself the drama and pay someone to do it.

It will be easier and quicker, done in one go.

Some Amphur offices are easy, friendly and efficient, know what they are doing, some useless and difficult and a nightmare. 

Some of the people who replied to you sound like they want you to waste your time.

Strange people.

Thanks for your comments Rob. There were actually more comments which have been deleted by admin. 

This is a very valuable resource where people can come for much needed advice and I hope it continues. However many threads show us it is populated by morons who only seem to come on to ridicule or abuse

4 minutes ago, dode57k said:

Thanks for your comments Rob. There were actually more comments which have been deleted by admin. 

This is a very valuable resource where people can come for much needed advice and I hope it continues. However many threads show us it is populated by morons who only seem to come on to ridicule or abuse

Terribly racist also.

Strange that white people living in Asia usually with an an Asian gf or wife are so racist. 

I don’t know where you are but google to find an easy office. You don’t have to go where you live, you can go anywhere. An extra half hour driving to a friendly office could save you half a day dealing with a moron in a difficult office. 

If you pay an agent, the agent should pay the amphur office under the table and you will be prioritized through quickly passed all the plebs.

Corruption is a wonderful thing for those with a bit of cash.

I'm currently doing it myself in Bangkok. 

1. Went to Canadian embassy for marriage affidavit: 1200 baht and about 20min.

2. Went to departememt of consulate affair. Got express translation service of the marriage affidavit: 700 baht and about 15min.

3. Went upstairs for documents legalization service. Same day service was not available so I took shipping via EMS: 400 baht and about 30min. Documents needed are marriage affidavit + translation, passport photocopy (main page, visas, stamps and departure card) and signed copy of wife ID card front/back. 

Now waiting for the last step at wife Amphoe. I'm the only foreigner at this very small village and we expect this step to be easy. 

49 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I'm currently doing it myself in Bangkok. 

1. Went to Canadian embassy for marriage affidavit: 1200 baht and about 20min.

2. Went to departememt of consulate affair. Got express translation service of the marriage affidavit: 700 baht and about 15min.

3. Went upstairs for documents legalization service. Same day service was not available so I took shipping via EMS: 400 baht and about 30min. Documents needed are marriage affidavit + translation, passport photocopy (main page, visas, stamps and departure card) and signed copy of wife ID card front/back. 

Now waiting for the last step at wife Amphoe. I'm the only foreigner at this very small village and we expect this step to be easy. 

Thank you for good information

Archived