agent for marriage to a thai

dode57k

I am in this predicament too...currently my girlfriend is on her 2nd 6 month visit with me in UK, I have eventually 'popped the question' after 5 years of being together, now we have to sort out getting married, I have tried to read but my heads spinning with all the information or rather lack of it. I have thought about getting an agent because I can't be bothered with all the paperwork but they want anything from £400 to £1200 so far but for what? is it just to tell me what papers I need then charge me over the odds for a little info or do they actually do something for you? 

All I need is what to do next !! married here in UK with a fiance visa first or get married in Thailand then come back with a spouse visa

27 minutes ago, stevefloyd said:

I am in this predicament too...currently my girlfriend is on her 2nd 6 month visit with me in UK, I have eventually 'popped the question' after 5 years of being together, now we have to sort out getting married, I have tried to read but my heads spinning with all the information or rather lack of it. I have thought about getting an agent because I can't be bothered with all the paperwork but they want anything from £400 to £1200 so far but for what? is it just to tell me what papers I need then charge me over the odds for a little info or do they actually do something for you? 

All I need is what to do next !! married here in UK with a fiance visa first or get married in Thailand then come back with a spouse visa

Doing it yourself here is a simple 3step process. 

1) go to your embassy with your divorce letter and photocopy. A copy of your passport front page and a downloadable marriage stat dec form.

2) go to thai consulte in bkk to get them notorised go straight up escalator and you will see a booth for translation, use that one as its official.  They will post it to you ems 3 days later.

3) Its easier go to gf amphor if in country but where you live is also fine and ask what forms they require, they give you a printed list of stuff to photocopy and requirements. Come back with all requirements and your translated docs from bkk.

Takes about a week to get married and as simple as that, I just been through it 2mnths ago.

23 hours ago, BigT73 said:

Doing it yourself here is a simple 3step process. 

1) go to your embassy with your divorce letter and photocopy. A copy of your passport front page and a downloadable marriage stat dec form.

2) go to thai consulte in bkk to get them notorised go straight up escalator and you will see a booth for translation, use that one as its official.  They will post it to you ems 3 days later.

3) Its easier go to gf amphor if in country but where you live is also fine and ask what forms they require, they give you a printed list of stuff to photocopy and requirements. Come back with all requirements and your translated docs from bkk.

Takes about a week to get married and as simple as that, I just been through it 2mnths ago.

Brilliant thank you for that, did you bring your wife or are you bringing her back to England? Congratulations btw 

13 hours ago, stevefloyd said:

Brilliant thank you for that, did you bring your wife or are you bringing her back to England? Congratulations btw 

hey mate thankyou!  Im aussie and took my misses for a holiday back home!  Goodluck with your efforts and if you need any help pm me. ????

Archived