A new and brutal wave of insurgency looms in the deep South

webfact

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Originally an ill conceived division of land by a clueless country, the geographic problem evolved into a religious one full time with the aid of Thaksin. By the time the last origami hit the ground hatred and religion were swirling together. The South know that the army is here to stay so of course strategy is changed. My fear is that they eventually go north to grab the worlds attention.  

That is inevitable. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, steven100 said:

destroy them and eradicate them as they only believe in one cause ..... to kill as many non believers as they can.

Annex their country then destroy or eradicate them for not assimilating?  From a colony yourself by any chance?

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The Muslim faith says that all are Muslims ,just some have strayed from the true path and must be brought back to the faith , with that mindset you cannot reason with them .they just wish to subjugate.

Their sultanate was subjugated, they are fighting for autonomy, they dont want to subjugate anything other than what is already theirs.

7 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

A country with muslims in control have draconian cruel sharia laws which enslave women and severely punish law breakers...even unto death. 

A country with muslims not in control...have muslims fighting lengthy terrorist style tactics where cowardly muslims attack productive law abiding citizens...

They are vermin...the world should unite and give them a choice...either assimilate into the country you reside in or be moved to a muslim country where your insane worldview and lifestyle is acceptable.

Once they are all safely together...go to plan B...???? 

They are vermin. . . 

I have little time for the ideology of Islam, but one needs to distinguish between millions of peace-loving Muslims, who go about their daily business like the rest of us, and the minority of fundamentalist fanatics whose terrorist tactics tend to tar their fellow believers with the same brush.

In the UK, an organisation called the Quilliam Foundation - started by a former Muslim jihadist -  is leading a campaign to bring Islamic teachings more in line with the needs of the 21st Century. Unfortunately, as in Thailand and the rest of the world, the recent surge in radicalism is making this increasingly an uphill struggle.

4 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

If you could be bothered to visit the Southern most provinces you would actually see that probably 99 % of the people there are lovely, hospitable,caring people and it has surely never crossed their mind to kill somebody!

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes but they are Bhuddists .

No, they're not.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Good. 

That may help end this violent and bloody separatist conflict. 

Really? Haven't we had enough Iraqs, Libyas, Afghanistans and Syrias, courtesy of the"international community"?

32 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

They are vermin. . . 

I have little time for the ideology of Islam, but one needs to distinguish between millions of peace-loving Muslims, who go about their daily business like the rest of us, and the minority of fundamentalist fanatics whose terrorist tactics tend to tar their fellow believers with the same brush.

In the UK, an organisation called the Quilliam Foundation - started by a former Muslim jihadist -  is leading a campaign to bring Islamic teachings more in line with the needs of the 21st Century. Unfortunately, as in Thailand and the rest of the world, the recent surge in radicalism is making this increasingly an uphill struggle.

The article is about the increased brutality of the southern separatists movement...one needs to look no further than any local morning food market in Thailand to observe the peaceful interactions of muslims with other Thais...these people are smart enough to want the best for their families...this does not include killing teachers, policemen, government officials and setting fire to official structures...in other words they practice their religion within the structure of Thai laws...peacefully... 

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

destroy them and eradicate them as they only believe in one cause ..... to kill as many non believers as they can.

All of them? there not all "radicals" though if you read the press you would think so.

5 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

If you could be bothered to visit the Southern most provinces you would actually see that probably 99 % of the people there are lovely, hospitable,caring people and it has surely never crossed their mind to kill somebody!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It has surely never crossed their minds to do anything about the 1% who will kill anybody.

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

What a well written and accurately perceptive article.

I can remember a time when mods used to instruct people not to quote in full a lengthy post just to add one or two lines.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Their sultanate was subjugated, they are fighting for autonomy, they dont want to subjugate anything other than what is already theirs.

This is your way of condoning and encouraging brutal, random murder and torture?

5 minutes ago, rott said:

It has surely never crossed their minds to do anything about the 1% who will kill anybody.

Sure, its not like they've been trying to do something about them since 1948, is it?  What exactly were you thinking there or just not thinking?

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

They are vermin. . . 

Peace loving Muslims are deviants, Islam is NOT peace loving and you can see this everyday on the news. Peace loving Muslims are irrelevant, the ideology is supremacist, intolerant and hates Jews, Christians and gays. Women are 2nd class people and those who want to leave are liable ti be killed. It is not a good religion, not at all, some being moderates does not alter what it really is.

2 minutes ago, rott said:

This is your way of condoning and encouraging brutal, random murder and torture?

No, not justifying anything as is clear in my post, what it actually was was my way of rubbishing the comment I replied to, which suggested these annexed people are hell bent on subjugating all they can, which is just nonsense, they just want their country back and their ruler to be able to return from excile in Malaysia.

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Peace loving Muslims are deviants, Islam is NOT peace loving and you can see this everyday on the news. Peace loving Muslims are irrelevant, the ideology is supremacist, intolerant and hates Jews, Christians and gays. Women are 2nd class people and those who want to leave are liable ti be killed. It is not a good religion, not at all, some being moderates does not alter what it really is.

You have exactly zero idea what you are talking about.

The largest Muslim annual pilgrimage, one that attracts millions every year, celebrates the partisans who lost their lives to stand against the caliphate, in recent years it has come to represent marching against all aspects of religious extremism.  Your own people have never taken a stand against anything in such numbers, that is a fact, yet here you are bleating your cowardly imagination of what the Muslim majority stands for.

I agree maybe only 1% of Muslims are actually doing the atrocities ,unfortunatly its the other vast amount of them that will do nothing about it but turn a blind eye ,As for being a Bigot ,well after living and dealing with them for so many years ,i learnt ,if it looks like a duck ,quacks like a duck ,then its usually a duck .

45 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Whilst I understand your viewpoint although a little crassly put, (though you will clearly get a lot of support on here given the high racists count) - could you please define assimilate ? 

Does this mean becoming Christian ? start to eat pork ? have a few lagers on a Saturday ? Do the muslim women have to go out on a Saturday to get blind drunk, fight each other in the gutters and crawl home stinking of kebabs ? That sort of assimilation ?

Who decides where assimilation starts and finishes and whether you have assimilated ? 

If they are to become even close to the bigots on here to fit in, I would say they are doing just fine as they are

I wouldn't want to become a Muslim, their lives seem to be about being prepared for the next one which to me is the definition of insanity and their oppression of women is a disgrace, but people in glasshouses etc ...

Assimilate...follow the immigration and civil laws of the country they are living...it requires no great sacrifice on their part...

VPN's only trick the browser, your provider has your geo location stored as well as everything you've searched and posted.

I do not agree wit this, if you by "provider' mean your ISP.

39 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I share some of your reservations about Islam,  which is totalitarian in nature since the teachings of Muhammad and Sharia together cover every aspect of life, temporal as well as spiritual. 

That said, perhaps we should be grateful that the vast majority of Muslims who migrate to our shores are "deviant" in not seeking to spread the word of Muhammad by force and being prepared to live peacefully among us.

Sure, its not like they've been trying to do something about them since 1948, is it?  What exactly were you thinking there or just not thinking?

I am thinking that 99% of the muslims do not seem too bothered about the murders and atrocities committed by the other 1%.

Possibly they use the euphemism of "the armed struggle" as did many people in another part of the world. Helps them ignore the reality.

5 minutes ago, rott said:

I am thinking that 99% of the muslims do not seem too bothered about the murders and atrocities committed by the other 1%.

Possibly they use the euphemism of "the armed struggle" as did many people called Kieran in another part of the world. Helps them ignore the reality.

Think what you like but you are wrong.

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Think what you like but you are wrong.

Well they do not seem bothered to do much about it, and it is unlikely that security amongst those murderers is so tight that "nobody knows nuffin".

Have the muslim community turned in or informed on many of these murderers? Or are they by their silence aiding, abetting and colluding?

Yes I am thinking, are you?

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Given thinking clearly isn't a strong point - I would give up on that.

Again how many muslims do you know ? When was the last time you visited a mosque ? When was the last time you stopped believing everything you read ? 

I ask you the same question I have just asked your mate, how much information on these murderers has been passed to the security forces by the muslim community?

And I have worked with many muslims in London, a good percentage of whom would justify any atrocity.

Archived