A new and brutal wave of insurgency looms in the deep South

webfact

5 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

well i can only say, this "Big Joke" character is like the Thai version of batman and doesnt even need a Robin.

they should really test his mettle and send him south to sort it all out!

Absolutely 

And a nice big poster to show he's doing his job

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Wrong. The insurgents regularly attack police and military targets. Unfortunately monks and teachers are attacked as they represent the Thai State as historically they been utilised as instruments for suppression of the locals traditional culture e.g.  enforced suppression of the local Malay language.

Counter insurgency includes, among it's tools, getting the local communities onside, the Thai military has an awful record with the locals e.g. extrajudicial killings and the use of torture. However, the bottom line is the Thai military and current government will not permit any form of provincial self government / autonomy so the conflict will drag on as it has for decades with the security forces getting richer via corruption and the disenfranchised dying needlessly.

You want to place a bet that schools, cafes, teachers and doctors, nurses have not been attacked.

And you fail to mention the supply line.

Who supports them to give money, explosives, weapons and escape routes.

Thailand would love to sell this area to Malaysia I suspect, but Malaysia does not want a hardline Muslim insurgents either.

No "disenfranchised needlessly die" if they abandon terror and finally support dialogue. Gee you love to support the opinions of terror organisations in your posts. Every one is wrong, everyone needs to understand why terror exists. You find excuses for them. I have no doubt you will report me because now you feel offended. Please go ahead.

6 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

You want to place a bet that schools, cafes, teachers and doctors, nurses have not been attacked.

And you fail to mention the supply line.

Who supports them to give money, explosives, weapons and escape routes.

Thailand would love to sell this area to Malaysia I suspect, but Malaysia does not want a hardline Muslim insurgents either.

No "disenfranchised needlessly die" if they abandon terror and finally support dialogue. Gee you love to support the opinions of terror organisations in your posts. Every one is wrong, everyone needs to understand why terror exists. You find excuses for them. I have no doubt you will report me because now you feel offended. Please go ahead.

Try again, I specifically addressed Thai govt civilians being murdered. Disenfranchised would be civilians being murdered by both sides of the conflict, together with their poverty. The 'supply line' is being feed by corrupt Thai govt and security forces plus oil and drug smuggling. I have not expressed support for the insurgency, only stated facts. I have never expressed support for terrorism. Stop the personal attacks just because I disagree with your commentary

As has happened around the world with fights for some form of autonomy, the killing stops when political solutions are implemented. IMO it is long overdue for both parties to get their act together in order they they can work together for a path to peace to stop the misery and killings for both sides. However, as a local once informed me he his doubtful of an early agreement due to the money being made by the conflict.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Try again, I specifically addressed Thai govt civilians being murdered. Disenfranchised would be civilians being murdered by both sides of the conflict, together with their poverty. The 'supply line' is being feed by corrupt Thai govt and security forces plus oil and drug smuggling. I have not expressed support for the insurgency, only stated facts. I have never expressed support for terrorism. Stop the personal attacks just because I disagree with your commentary

As has happened around the world with fights for some form of autonomy, the killing stops when political solutions are implemented. IMO it is long overdue for both parties to get their act together in order they they can work together for a path to peace to stop the misery and killings for both sides. However, as a local once informed me he his doubtful of an early agreement due to the money being made by the conflict.

So let me quote you. The supply of weapons and money to Muslim terrorists is being fed by Thai Govt and security forces.

Yeah, you got me, that seems plausible.

You mention poverty. I live in a region where most persons are no where near wealthy. But we all look after each other.

But no one is trying to blow up the neighbour.

Once again your post suggests that anyone has a right to murder if you have a grievance.

You keep on trying to find a reason or excuse why terrorists are murderers.

I am not sure if you have noticed, but most posters ignore you because you constantly

say you are offended by someone that challenges your excuses.

I don't care, you have caused me to be blocked on numerous occasions.

Now you suggest it is Thai forces that provide the supply line to Islamists.

That is Thai forces are providing weapons, cash and training to Islamists.

And it is only oil and drug interests that cause a Muslim to kill a nurse. 

Yeah, that seems plausible 

48 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

So let me quote you. The supply of weapons and money to Muslim terrorists is being fed by Thai Govt and security forces.

Yeah, you got me, that seems plausible.

You mention poverty. I live in a region where most persons are no where near wealthy. But we all look after each other.

But no one is trying to blow up the neighbour.

Once again your post suggests that anyone has a right to murder if you have a grievance.

You keep on trying to find a reason or excuse why terrorists are murderers.

I am not sure if you have noticed, but most posters ignore you because you constantly

say you are offended by someone that challenges your excuses.

I don't care, you have caused me to be blocked on numerous occasions.

Now you suggest it is Thai forces that provide the supply line to Islamists.

That is Thai forces are providing weapons, cash and training to Islamists.

And it is only oil and drug interests that cause a Muslim to kill a nurse. 

Yeah, that seems plausible 

You carry on with personal attacks against forum rules; one last time desist from the behaviour. I suggest to you posts by you removed by the Mods are because they contravene forum rules, so how about being cognisant of that fact, rather than blaming me.

Perhaps you can provide links to back up your claim the conflict in the deep South is primarily motivated by Islamists. the rest of your assumptions are nonsense e.g. not once have I claimed the Thai military are training insurgency members, providing them with cash and so on. On the other hand it has been documented the security forces and insurgents do talk via back channels which is usual in such situations.

If you wish to again reply, it should assist you to read analysis of the conflict by a member of the Thai military and others before posting, albeit some a bit dated.

http://www.defence.gov.au/ADC/Publications/Shedden/2012/SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/05/the-strange-thai-insurgents-who-like-sorcery-and-get-high-on-cough-syrup/275614/

https://www.refworld.org/pdfid/50c71dd512.pdf

https://asiafoundation.org/resources/pdfs/TAFThailandSouthernReport2010.pdf

46 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

I can only quote you. The "supply line" of weapons to Islamists is fed by corrupt Thai and security forces. And oil and drug cartels. That is your words.

False, what I said was "The 'supply line' is being feed by corrupt Thai govt and security forces plus oil and drug smuggling"  i.e. the supply line feeding into the violence is from both sides of the conflict. However, as you have again posted personal attacks and made false accusations (flames) despite me politely asking you to stop and providing independent research material for your consideration to comprehend background to the conflict rather than self driven opinion.

Flame and Grammar police posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Another post removed:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.

Archived