Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Club academies good for the game, argues AFLPA

THE AFL PLAYERS' Association fears that the proposed academy bidding system will slow the growth of the game in non-traditional football states.

AFLPA CEO Paul Marsh has called for the impact of the proposed changes to be examined in detail before the new system is introduced.

He said he was concerned that the four clubs running academies north of the Victorian border – the Sydney Swans, Greater Western Sydney, the Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast – would decrease their investment in the programs if the advantage they gained in the draft was diluted too much by the bidding system.

"From the data we've seen [the club-based academies] are proving to be a very effective method of developing football in those two northern markets,"

Marsh told AFL.com.au.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-25/academy-growth-vital-aflpa

Hawks for tonight, my 1st tip for the year

Probably best I take the other team in that case

now BookMan, clean off the sofa and lock chippy in the shed as the footy is back

I should have listened to Chimpy on more than one occasion last year...

What????? whats on tonight? ho you mean there showing practice games on tv now, yawn....not so serious, you do need to be a football junkie to watch that..bit like friendlys in the world game that im not allowed to talk about.

Go pies......

No no cant drink im on some drugs the doctor gave me...no hooch untill i come off em...

ps mr will keep it football related or the big stick will come down on you from our brothers here....at least soc*** is ummm football to the "whole wide world"

ps i made 700 on another thread...

Do have a nice night....go pies...

WILL....3000 plus...your a marvel....means i need to get on here most nights and do at least 10 post and i might nail ya by the end of this year...

Needle wasnt any better....cant belive G Lyon was involved with that pick...you know Malthouse and Eddie everwhere set us up...yes thats what it was...a set up....of course Lyon and everwhere use to work together...

ps i went to the Asian cup...you know the game that the whole wide world plays?

You know that 95% of the whole wide worlds population is stupid, right?

You know that no decent aussies give a shit about the "dumb world game", right?

We like exciting sports. We dont like staging for penalties.

This could be a fun argument but you wont win it, ever.

• Like 1

ps i went to the Asian cup...you know the game that the whole wide world plays?

Are you on the wee wee again Alex?
Sounds like he is having extreme soccer withdrawals waiting for the round ball season to start. The Asian cup what's that, a little comp between Thailand, China and Vietnam. Let me guess Singapore won over Thailand.

AlexRRR,

Do yourself a favour... <deleted>!

Nobody on this thread gives a Maradona's Hand of God about the round game.. There's countless other threads on the forum where you can bleat and bawl about the latest diving techniques or who's next in line for an Oscar. This thread is about AFL.

• Like 1

Grant old cobber you obviously never grown up kids...if you want them to behave a certian way you ignore the little things that irk you......if you ignore my rants i wont have anyone to entertain...keep up the good work old bean....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the pies and keep it a footbal topic plz...

ps you could message me in private like a few have but really it shows how very thin skinned that person is.

ppss....somewhere in here you can actualy block me and never see any of my posts again...2015 you know? Were come along way.

Did you know that Collingwood and Newcastle United ( thats an English team not the city north of Sydney) share the Magpie moniker and black and white jumper?

Yep they do and there sort of my fave in the "game that the whole world play" just a bit of trivia for you.

JAMES HIRD's legal battle is over, with the defiant Essendon coach deciding against a High Court appeal to allow the club to "move on and play football".

The Bombers coach fought on against the club's wishes, appealing a Federal Court decision about the legality of ASADA's investigation into the supplements scandal.

Three judges of the Full Court of the Federal Court found no grounds for appeal, leaving the High Court as Hird's last option.

The coach said he had fought his battle on principle and he remained convinced that the players and club staff had not been afforded the rights they deserved by ASADA.

However, continuing his legal battle would have prevented the Bombers from moving on and chasing on-field success in 2015.

"It's been very disappointing what's happened the last two years and the way our football club has been treated and we hope we get the chance to get on and do what we do best and that's play football," Hird said on Friday afternoon.

"This decision is based in trying to give us the best chance in 2015 of winning as many games of football as we can.

"Fundamentally we still believe our players weren't treated the way they should have been treated with confidentiality and certain aspects that the average Australian is given.

"Ultimately we hope the players are cleared through the Tribunal process, which is about to be handed down very shortly."

Hird joined the club in its original action last year, claiming ASADA acted unlawfully by teaming up with the AFL to conduct investigations into the alleged use of banned peptides during 2012.

Thirty-four past and present Bombers players are currently waiting for the outcome of an AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal hearing, on charges of using banned peptide Thymosin beta-4.

Hird's legal team had until 4pm Friday to lodge paperwork with the High Court in Canberra.

Their decision not to proceed, however, was not from Hird a concession that ASADA's joint investigation with the AFL was lawful.

"We believe the investigation was unlawful and we still believe that," Hird said.

"It's been said that we've tried to suppress evidence, we've tried to hide things, but that's far from the truth.

"In making the decision the Federal Court made, we believe the rights of our players, support staff and every Australian athlete are less than the normal Australian."

Essendon will launch its NAB Challenge campaign against St Kilda on March 7 with all players listed in 2012 sitting out to preserve the anonymity of those handed infraction notices.

The AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal, which is considering whether those past and present Bombers will face bans, has been adjourned for more than a week as it comes to a decision.

• Like 1

Grant old cobber you obviously never grown up kids...if you want them to behave a certian way you ignore the little things that irk you......if you ignore my rants i wont have anyone to entertain...keep up the good work old bean....

ps you could message me in private like a few have but really it shows how very thin skinned that person is.

ppss....somewhere in here you can actualy block me and never see any of my posts again...2015 you know? Were come along way.

Did you know that Collingwood and Newcastle United ( thats an English team not the city north of Sydney) share the Magpie moniker and black and white jumper?

Yep they do and there sort of my fave in the "game that the whole world play" just a bit of trivia for you.

Out of interest, which club was formed first?

One racist and off-topic post has been removed from this thread.

Well it's finally arrived.

Intervention by the mods.

A sad day for our little forum.

This forum has run for a few years with aussie football fans giving friendly banter. We hang it on each other and it slides off in the true spirit of aussie football. We accept Collingwood supporters and AlexRRR with his Mormon approach to convert football fans to that soccer thingy.

Never ever been a need for moderation as we all love the rigging, digging And friendly abuse.

Last season BookMan sent out a challenge and I moved onto his sofa, took a dump, chippy got upset so I rubbed his nose in it and ate the cheesels from the back of the couch. (The party pies were crap) Round 19 I was thrown off and had to tap at the window to be let in. Ron and Will gave just as much and we're hit as hard. You had many others like Kooweerup who came in with all bats swinging and it was a fun season.

We love ALEXRRR and his opinions more than we love Collingwood supporters but all welcome to join the fun banter.

Moderators look at at our forum from 2014 and see the fun and good times we had with the chat, tipping and dreamteam. I think last year speaks for this year.

• Like 1

And they're both ordinary at best ;)

Let the banter begin!

Go Bloods!

• Like 1