Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Practice match reviews for what there worth after just one game men..... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-preseason-analysis-scratch-matches-practice-matches-what-we-learned-best-players-stats-latest-news/news-story/ab97ad81140646ce90e39fe3077a982b a win agains the Tigers even in a practice game i will take.....Fj WILL suffer all year long.....

As predicted.....Fox/Kayo is on the slide.....a new streaming service based in Sydney landed the rights to the Champions league, they also pinched the KLeague from optus and they say there after more,  Stan recently got Rugby League....there is also a move for the Aleague to stream themselves....its spliterning, talk around is there are way to many streaming services chasing consumers $$ so WILL there be a shake up of the industry....???? 

I pay for 3 streaming services....Kayo during the AFL season, NFL and Netflix....and thats it....i get optus for free ....i could squeeze one more in but unlikely....

Mundine the boxer i read streamed his fight....he sold a one off fight for i think $30, that could be the new norm eventually if u prefer not to pay for the season...tune in when ur lonely or free pay to watch one game...thats an option many would like....i know id like that with the Aleague....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Practice match reviews for what there worth after just one game men..... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-preseason-analysis-scratch-matches-practice-matches-what-we-learned-best-players-stats-latest-news/news-story/ab97ad81140646ce90e39fe3077a982b a win agains the Tigers even in a practice game i will take.....Fj WILL suffer all year long.....

As predicted.....Fox/Kayo is on the slide.....a new streaming service based in Sydney landed the rights to the Champions league, they also pinched the KLeague from optus and they say there after more,  Stan recently got Rugby League....there is also a move for the Aleague to stream themselves....its spliterning, talk around is there are way to many streaming services chasing consumers $$ so WILL there be a shake up of the industry....???? 

I pay for 3 streaming services....Kayo during the AFL season, NFL and Netflix....and thats it....i get optus for free ....i could squeeze one more in but unlikely....

Mundine the boxer i read streamed his fight....he sold a one off fight for i think $30, that could be the new norm eventually if u prefer not to pay for the season...tune in when ur lonely or free pay to watch one game...thats an option many would like....i know id like that with the Aleague....

Kayo was making if harder and harder to use by geo-blocking those with a VPN.

Cricket season nearly finished anyway.

Having said that, I signed up to a IPTV which is pretty much half the price of what Kayo and the VPN were costing me anyway.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Mason Cox being interviewed on an American Gridiron internet channel run by a former gridiron player Pat MaAfee.... rather interesting and funny...

I've seen Cox interviewed before

Always comes across as a decent fella.

I almost want to throw up though when those Collingwood morons start chanting USA USA.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Will27 said:

Imagine losing a game for something like this.

They'd burn the grandstand down.

Totally crazy and you have to ask the question how did that idea get out of the meeting room....

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 11:25 AM, Will27 said:

Just for Uncle Alex.

‘More stressful than ever’: Which AFL coaches are under the pump in 2021?

In a season of coaching intrigue, Nathan Buckley, Simon Goodwin and Leon Cameron are the senior coaches who enter the season with the highest degree of uncertainty about their futures.

Buckley is coming out of contract in his 10th season. Goodwin and Cameron both have contracts for 2022, but neither of the latter pair is assured of retaining his job without strong results.

Goodwin has what industry sources say is a “watertight” contract – in other words, one that commits the Demons to paying him, more or less in full, for 2022 as well as this season.

Cameron, who took Greater Western Sydney to a grand final in 2019, is subject to the AFL-backed policy of a six-month payout, even though, on paper, his deal stretches for two seasons. The AFL has pushed for six-month payouts for coaches, to protect clubs from hefty terminations in an era of slashed football spending.

Simon Goodwin

If Goodwin is best placed contractually, his position is arguably the most parlous of the aforementioned trio. This is due to a combination of Melbourne’s expectations, the failures of 2019 in particular (and 2020 to a lesser extent) and the pressures on the hierarchy, whose president Glenn Bartlett faces the members and who have key, highly sought players coming out of contract either this year (Clayton Oliver) or next (Christian Petracca).

The notion that Melbourne’s board discussed removing Goodwin last year is not correct, according to club sources, who say this was never a consideration. But the prospect of a payout offers the coach scant protection – the Demons are far more solvent these days (they are an unassisted club in the new austerity of AFL) and Goodwin is far from the Clarkson-John Longmire bracket of salaries.

If Buckley, Goodwin and Cameron have completely different challenges this season, they also share obvious issues: game styles or methods that hampered progress last year and, in particular, weaknesses in attack, where there aren’t reliable key forwards or goalkickers.

The Demons will begin the season without Ben Brown, their primary recruit and target in attack, and Sam Weideman, presenting Goodwin with a challenge to manufacture scores. His crucial recruits, thus, will be assistant coaches in Adem Yze and Mark Williams. The Magpies again front up without an A-grade, bona fide key forward or quality crumber, while GWS have lost Jeremy Cameron to Geelong.

Who ever offered and accepted Goodwins extension with water tight contract should be hung drawn and quartered.....

You know when Paul Roos was looking for the man to take over him he had wanted first Steiwe Dew, Swans would not let him go....after that there was quite for like a year, guessing no one wanted the job certainly after the previous administration running the club into the ground the idea of the Demons was pretty toxic.....i always thought Goodwin was "ahh well hes the only guy interested" sort of thing....like it took a while....to pull someone and you know in the back of my mind i thought we shouldn't associated ourselves with anything Essendon after the doping scandal that i wont go into as im still scratching my head over that one, Goodwin was there in the middle of it, maybe just an Indian still was in the middle of it, we seen both Thomson and Hird end up with breakdowns what the hell were we buying into?

Pressure would be on the administration for a top 5 Finnish, if Goodwin gets us into the 8 he would save his job but top 5 is a pass mark, fail think they will pull the plug on Simone end of season, unless something spectacular happens Bartletts shown he dont kick you when your down and is a bit of a toothless gummy shark, WILL do the prim and proper sack you end off season....though if Simone gets through this year he is likely to quit once there isnt a new contract on the table and yes this administration is inept that this could likely be the outcome... prolonged saga.

WE the Demons have almost missed the bus....Roos built a good culture and brought on some good kids, Goodwin apart from one year we flew hasn't shown a thing, here's a few examples Jaden Hunt was looking to be the next big thing, half back flanker with dazzling speed force fed the forwards in the year we made the finals.....following year Simone tried to utilise him on the half forward line.....didnt work so dont put him down back again...ho no.....just freeze the guy in the 2's and try and make a forward out of a defender.....reports coming out this year is Jaden WILL be lining up in defence....after been frozen out the past 2 seasons....Tom Macdonald....yes may have been grumblings between he and the coach....out of form so what to do with a guy who use to be your centre half back for 5 ys? Simone keeps trying to play him forward with a run across the wing.....the old days if your player is off the boil you run them into form on the ball....Tom can ruck you know....and since we were being bombarded in defence dropping him back there was i though  very good idea....and since the days of the the marking defender like Lever has passed and Leaver is an exceptional mark for god sake try him up forward....Gawn.....and we have/had Jet Jackson and Brendan Phruss.....but Gawn is on the ball for 95% of the time....so i ask you why do we have 2 back up ruckman that would be number 1's anywhere else? again since we had no influential forward in the past 2 seasons Gawn should like in the old days be rested up forward swapping with the second ruckman....Jackson is a forward as well....Phruss could mark and a decent kick and was pretty good on the ground for a 8foot ruckman noooo play him in the 2's....and one of  my biggest gripes has been Wayne Harmes....really came on the year we made the finals as a midfielder/stopper....showed a lot of class before then too, not only was he stopping quality midfielders he was a weapon as well turning it into attacks.....classy good kick one of our best tacklers good football brain AND could slot it between the stick ...so what does Simone do? plays him on the half back line first interchanging with Lewis then on his retirement leaves him there....like hey....we cant kick goals......and our mids are being over run....Simone hasn't got a clue...

I still cant work out why David Neitz Victorian state centre half back was made a full forward at my club, he provided way more drive out of defence, in the mix all the time only to be frozen up forward in a less than average team...still think it was the worse decision ever made untill Simone Goodwin showed up....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Who ever offered and accepted Goodwins extension with water tight contract should be hung drawn and quartered.....

You know when Paul Roos was looking for the man to take over him he had wanted first Steiwe Dew, Swans would not let him go....after that there was quite for like a year, guessing no one wanted the job certainly after the previous administration running the club into the ground the idea of the Demons was pretty toxic.....i always thought Goodwin was "ahh well hes the only guy interested" sort of thing....like it took a while....to pull someone and you know in the back of my mind i thought we shouldn't associated ourselves with anything Essendon after the doping scandal that i wont go into as im still scratching my head over that one, Goodwin was there in the middle of it, maybe just an Indian still was in the middle of it, we seen both Thomson and Hird end up with breakdowns what the hell were we buying into?

Pressure would be on the administration for a top 5 Finnish, if Goodwin gets us into the 8 he would save his job but top 5 is a pass mark, fail think they will pull the plug on Simone end of season, unless something spectacular happens Bartletts shown he dont kick you when your down and is a bit of a toothless gummy shark, WILL do the prim and proper sack you end off season....though if Simone gets through this year he is likely to quit once there isnt a new contract on the table and yes this administration is inept that this could likely be the outcome... prolonged saga.

WE the Demons have almost missed the bus....Roos built a good culture and brought on some good kids, Goodwin apart from one year we flew hasn't shown a thing, here's a few examples Jaden Hunt was looking to be the next big thing, half back flanker with dazzling speed force fed the forwards in the year we made the finals.....following year Simone tried to utilise him on the half forward line.....didnt work so dont put him down back again...ho no.....just freeze the guy in the 2's and try and make a forward out of a defender.....reports coming out this year is Jaden WILL be lining up in defence....after been frozen out the past 2 seasons....Tom Macdonald....yes may have been grumblings between he and the coach....out of form so what to do with a guy who use to be your centre half back for 5 ys? Simone keeps trying to play him forward with a run across the wing.....the old days if your player is off the boil you run them into form on the ball....Tom can ruck you know....and since we were being bombarded in defence dropping him back there was i though  very good idea....and since the days of the the marking defender like Lever has passed and Leaver is an exceptional mark for god sake try him up forward....Gawn.....and we have/had Jet Jackson and Brendan Phruss.....but Gawn is on the ball for 95% of the time....so i ask you why do we have 2 back up ruckman that would be number 1's anywhere else? again since we had no influential forward in the past 2 seasons Gawn should like in the old days be rested up forward swapping with the second ruckman....Jackson is a forward as well....Phruss could mark and a decent kick and was pretty good on the ground for a 8foot ruckman noooo play him in the 2's....and one of  my biggest gripes has been Wayne Harmes....really came on the year we made the finals as a midfielder/stopper....showed a lot of class before then too, not only was he stopping quality midfielders he was a weapon as well turning it into attacks.....classy good kick one of our best tacklers good football brain AND could slot it between the stick ...so what does Simone do? plays him on the half back line first interchanging with Lewis then on his retirement leaves him there....like hey....we cant kick goals......and our mids are being over run....Simone hasn't got a clue...

I still cant work out why David Neitz Victorian state centre half back was made a full forward at my club, he provided way more drive out of defence, in the mix all the time only to be frozen up forward in a less than average team...still think it was the worse decision ever made untill Simone Goodwin showed up....

Reckon you can put money on Ross Lyon coaching next year.

I don't know if it will be at GWS, Collingwood or Melbourne though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

AFL 2021: AFL chief Gillon McLachlan urges fans to give man-on-mark change a chance

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has called on the AFL to “bend” on its controversial new man on the mark rule to avoid fan outrage and umpiring inconsistency.

The rule change forces the player on the mark to remain standing in the one spot and not being allowed to move in any direction.

Fans became disgruntled last weekend when a 50m penalty was paid against Fremantle’s Brennan Cox for moving off the mark, handing West Coast’s Oscar Allen a goal from right in front.

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan this week called for patience on the new rule, but Beveridge on Wednesday morning said the new mandate asked too much of the umpires.

“Essentially the umpires need to rub their tummy and pat their head at the same time with this rule,” Beveridge said on SEN.

“It’s like a gun fight on the streets of Tombstone where it is whoever flinches first really.

“The thing is the umpire has to keep his eye on the player with the ball and the guy on the mark.

“It’s too hard to do that, so whoever moves first it’s either play on if the guy with the ball moves first or it’s a 50 metre penalty if the guy on the mark moves first.”

The 2016 premiership coach said he believed consistency would be an issue if a change was not made before Round 1.

“My feedback has been that it’s not about the ones they’ve paid, it’s the 15 to 20 of ones in the game they didn’t pay when they were there,” he said.

“Whether it’s play on or 50 metres, so you can’t actually umpire the rule to the letter that they’re trying to umpire it.

“So they’ll have to bend and let the guy on the mark move a little bit, otherwise it’s not going to work.

“If they don’t do that, the grandstands at the MCG are going to fall down when these 50-metre penalties are paid.”

GILL CALLS FOR PATIENCE ON NEW RULE

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan has called for patience with the new “stand the mark” rule following a backlash of criticism during last weekend’s practice matches.

The rule change forces the player on the mark to remain standing in the one spot and not being allowed to move in any direction.

Fans became disgruntled last weekend when a 50m penalty was paid against Fremantle’s Brennan Cox for moving off the mark, handing West Coast’s Oscar Allen a goal from right in front.

McLachlan said there was always going to be teething problems with new rule changes and urged fans to embrace it.

“All change is challenging for people but universally our supporters, our players and our clubs want more open football,” McLachlan said.

“This is a new rule that is in its infancy. We’ve had one round of practice games.

“We’re always listening and working to make sure the execution is as seamless as possible.

“I just think we need to be a bit patient on this one.

“It’s gone through a process and it’s there with the best intentions and what we saw on the weekend was a pretty limited impact on 50s and others.”

Gill is a dick....

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Reckon you can put money on Ross Lyon coaching next year.

I don't know if it will be at GWS, Collingwood or Melbourne though.

Unless Simone has a heart attack no one will get the Dee gig.....my worst nightmare is they WILL hand it over to Ricko at some point.....

• Like 2

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino

·

29m

Confirmed: Willie Rioli will be handed a two year ban, 18 months of which has already been served. He will be available to play for

@WestCoastEagles

in August. Can train with team prior to that.

• Sad 1

The underworld saga is still going....this is for you WILL.....i also have been totally spell bound by the antics of Mokbel and co.....

Tonight over dinner did i read.... https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/asx-company-in-trading-halt-over-links-to-accused-mokbel-money-man-s-debt-20210303-p577gy.html

Well the centre of attention is Nick Karas and Nick Meletisis....names im sure we will be hearing more off....cant pin a thing on Karas so the Tax office is after him for 67 million....anyway these guys are well known for not paying depts hence shorting of a new company is attracting interest since there 8.5 million behind on paying up...

What was very savoury over my pasta dinner was Meletsis and a former business partner had a small miss understanding over a dept of 540,000$$$$, obviously Meletsis was taken back but not stated here by most likely being called a thief ....he offered his business partner well insisted he choose one of three envelopes with baseball bat written on one claw hammer written on the second and apology written on the third....we are not sure which one the ex business partner chose but was severely beaten up by a baseball bat that day....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino

·

29m

Confirmed: Willie Rioli will be handed a two year ban, 18 months of which has already been served. He will be available to play for

@WestCoastEagles

in August. Can train with team prior to that.

They missed Gardener and co so you know....karma...go to the temple with the mrs and sisters dear WILL and pray for redemption for Willie and buy some incense and set it alight...you might need to buy a years supply to get the karma revoked....

• Haha 2

On 3/5/2021 at 3:06 PM, ozzydom said:

Chooks would would be wearing a big smirk beneath his Covid 19 mask at the Saints performance yesterday.

It must have taken some creative  accounting to assemble the Moorabin foreign legion with so many topline players.

Definately a finals contender.

Oldest team in the comp.  

• Like 1

Well men its two weeks before the dawn of a new era, half way through a pandemic itch toes everywhere....long suffering and stuttering  Melbornian's who missed a summer have the gospel according to Gill being served to us for the next 6 months or so....hi ho hi ho its off to games we go...you can see my catholic roots no? well like most cultures ive evolved and changed but the roots are still there, very hard to get that out of you when you had something like 9 years of nuns and brothers ....and in your formative years where you learn all your parents bad habits....

Club placings at the end of the home and away.....from 1 to 18....gees i had to count the teams there...dusty the mind has become...

1 Eagles.....my second team.....the Vic's took the money and the the other states keep winning the premierships....no hubs and back at the fortress of WA, there last hurrah before there Kennedys and cos enter the retirement village, a few clubs have slipped in my mind and the up and comers just cant match it with the clipped wing birds for experience in the big games just yet...easy as sunday morning.....Eagles WILL fly....

2 Cats.....well again some are going down and some are coming up but the pussys have the runs on the board to Finnish high, they WILL need to be on song as its so easy to slip down, reminds me of the Hawthorn teams under Al Jeans back in the late 80's early 90's when they had about 4 300 gamers in the side....most of us though they were gone with the wind but Lee and co after been knocked around for 4 or so years snared the big one before they all retired....

3 Saints...come on the Saints....love Ratten......eat your heart out Blues.....well i still question there recruiting though i think they did better this year....its the coach of course.....he is a good one......wonder how this lot would have went under Al Ricco.....dont think the Saints set out to bolster Ratten so it was a Shot in the dark when the planets aligned you know.....expect big things from the Tri colours this year.....

4 Lions..... not sold on them and its home ground advantage that keeps them up....though big Joe WILL just make it harder to beat them, comes down to if a few blokes around Joe grow and inch or two....

5 Bulldogs.....Luke WILL whip them good future Demon coach learning his craft at a lesser club, have maturity and Trelore expect them to be big players September....

6 Tigers....now i was almost going to suggest 8th or even a miss.....Hardwick cooked his dinner and its over done.....they got done by my mob in a practice game and thats a bad sign....and got done pretty easy too.....now we wouldnt think but its highly likely screwing an office chick Damian may have lost a few of the boys, coupled with loss of drive from a recent flag....im tipping there gone and WILL struggle with glimpses of hey boys there back in town.....

7 Port....the rest of the AFL have awoken to them, should struggle most of the season to win a spot may even miss altogether the silver bullet isnt far off....

8 Freo.....could easily Finnish higher....why does my laptop make it a capital F men? fortress WA...5 hrs on a flight one way gees.....

9 Blues....i think they WILL Finnish in the 8 but im doing this on the fly so... you know....so you can take out Port or Tigers, got a lot of good young key players ready to shine....question mark over the coach so we WILL know within the first 6 games....

10 Swans....im expecting them to do better than my pick here as i see Lions Tigers and Port walking a thin white line....throw in the Cats with an ageing fleet the entire 8 could change quite easily....

11 Pies......gone baby gone....Ed and the end of season drama over player transfers should come back and bite hard.....

12 Gaints.......Cameron....pooie....on the nose....run by a Rugby league club they have no idea....could slide to number 18 easily....

13 Suns.....i have faith in Dew.....again expecting the Suns to go higher than 13...

14 Crows....dark horse here.....and i tip they could be knocking on the 8 door....cant see it like its not concrete but do not brush aside men....

15 Hawks.......wish they would Finnish bottom.....pillaging FA they deserve it.....

16 Demons....hahaha....no light at the start of there tunnel let alone end of it....missed the bus completely the fact Bartlet hasn't moved on Simone has put us back 4 ys and a rebuild WILL begin next year....

17 North......got excited there yesterday when i seen North had beaten a good team...thought it was a practice game....they were saying some nice things then i learned it was there women team.......i been there Fj.....i know how it feels....and were still here right next to you....

18 Bombers....what went wrong there Wooooooshier? couldnt have been the coach..... think Sheedy is not good for Essendon.....the very fact he lasted 20 odd years as there coach says something about the man....nice guy and all and i met him....Malthouse was the one that scared me....Sheedy has to much influence there im thinking anyway the the bolts are oversize to the nuts....nothing fits, management is in disarray.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Footy tipping is open again and you can submit  rd1 tips now.  Invite sent to your emails

Can you just put the code up here sir.....i gave the saints a good wrap.....the email i use for here is like almost obsolete and signing into hotmail couldnt even send a code to my mobile even though its registered with them....friggs.....these emails asking for confirmations caused me to get locked out of my emails when i travel so you know i got a new primary one now and just flatly refuse to have b#####hit attached to it....