Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

It is unfortunate when a moderator has to intervene here, however all forums and sub-forums of ThaiVisa are subject to the Forum Rules and breaches will not be tolerated.

Intervention is usually resulting from reported content... so if posts are consistent with the content allowed by the Rules, then there should be no reports.

Anyway, enough discussion of moderation...

Just to show we're human too.... Carn the Cats!

tongue.png

great, don't think we have had a cats supporter so is open slather allowed for a few days on the kittens? Hope you can do something with Rhyce Stanley as the saints couldn't. 6 yrs on the books and didn't come up to scratch.

Chooka

Your boys did alright picking up Membrey. He's a very good footballer, mid sized forward. I think a bit of his problem at the swans was attitude and he was a bit unlucky with not keeping his spot. I hope he does well for you guys in the future but always gets dropped against the swans. ;)

It is unfortunate when a moderator has to intervene here, however all forums and sub-forums of ThaiVisa are subject to the Forum Rules and breaches will not be tolerated.

Intervention is usually resulting from reported content... so if posts are consistent with the content allowed by the Rules, then there should be no reports.

tongue.png

rely don't know who on here who would have reported anyone but if the did then fair enough

Chooka

Your boys did alright picking up Membrey. He's a very good footballer, mid sized forward. I think a bit of his problem at the swans was attitude and he was a bit unlucky with not keeping his spot. I hope he does well for you guys in the future but always gets dropped against the swans. ;)

watched Membrey last weekend and he looks good but that was only intra club. No room for him at the Swans and will would never of got the chance to prove himself. I will watch him in the NAB.

Those that knock the NAB and say it is rubbish may be right to a degree but it does give supporters the chance to look at thier recruits and get the momentum going. I love the NAB and build part of my dream team from it.

• Like 1

Chooka

watched Membrey last weekend and he looks good but that was only intra club. No room for him at the Swans and will would never of got the chance to prove himself. I will watch him in the NAB.

Those that knock the NAB and say it is rubbish may be right to a degree but it does give supporters the chance to look at thier recruits and get the momentum going. I love the NAB and build part of my dream team from it.

Chooka

He would of been playing seniors if Goodes had retired.

• Like 2

Grant old cobber you obviously never grown up kids...if you want them to behave a certian way you ignore the little things that irk you......if you ignore my rants i wont have anyone to entertain...keep up the good work old bean....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the pies and keep it a footbal topic plz...

ps you could message me in private like a few have but really it shows how very thin skinned that person is.

ppss....somewhere in here you can actualy block me and never see any of my posts again...2015 you know? Were come along way.

Did you know that Collingwood and Newcastle United ( thats an English team not the city north of Sydney) share the Magpie moniker and black and white jumper?

Yep they do and there sort of my fave in the "game that the whole world play" just a bit of trivia for you.

Out of interest, which club was formed first?

Glad you asked that question mate.....Newcastle United were formed from Stanely cricket club in 1881 11 years before the pies, with most imigrants at that time arriving from the British isles kinda seems about right that a yorksire man/men would adopt something like the black and white stripes and magpie emblem of something they were familar with.

The Dees and Cats come in 1 and 2 as the oldest football clubs in the world about the only claim to fame we have.

tongue.png

rely don't know who on here who would have reported anyone but if the did then fair enough

Oh you dont? i have an idea....the person even went so far as creating a new id and in boxing me with a message to pull my head in, i kinda feel sad for the couple of guys that just dont get it that cant take a joke that are just black and white, touchy etc etc.

Hey i didnt get sh***ie on the little old swans lady that belted me with her unbrella at the football once and ive done my apprenteship week in week out going to every game in those very dark years from the late sixties through to the 90,s...im a tax payer and i have rights...

What channel is the games on?

Cant find aus channel on true

Australian Plus is on True cable only. If you have your own satellite and can get Intelsat 18 it is supposed to be on that as well.

Speaking of Australia Plus, received an email today adivsing they will be showing 6 games per weekend.

I really hope I will be able to view if from here.

I have a guy looking at it next week.

• Like 2

Australian Plus is on True cable only. If you have your own satellite and can get Intelsat 18 it is supposed to be on that as well.

You can sign-up and watch the NAB Cup games live for free, streamed on the internet. There's also an app for watching on your tablet but I found it unreliable compared to watching it on my desktop which was problem free.

http://watchafl.afl.com.au/

post-118699-0-32368000-1425048319_thumb.

Edited by kkerry
  • Like 1

You can sign-up and watch the NAB Cup games live for free, streamed on the internet. There's also an app for watching on your tablet but I found it unreliable compared to watching it on my desktop which was problem free.

We have had a tipping comp running the last few years. Ripstanley organises it through the AFL website. Farmerjo was the winner last year. Chooka finished somewhere below me.

Kkerry and Frankwhite. You guys might be interested in being part of it this year.

Open to everyone

(two part post due to the glitch in the multiquote system)

We have had a tipping comp running the last few years. Ripstanley organises it through the AFL website. Farmerjo was the winner last year. Chooka finished somewhere below me.

Blood05, Huckaffority and alexrrr might be interested in being part of it this year.

Open to everyone

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Chooka

Your boys did alright picking up Membrey. He's a very good footballer, mid sized forward. I think a bit of his problem at the swans was attitude and he was a bit unlucky with not keeping his spot. I hope he does well for you guys in the future but always gets dropped against the swans. wink.png

Maybe practice games but still more exciting than that boring world game.

SUPERGOALS!

Ahhh.

Its nearly here.

The AFL should be called the ATL...Australian Tinker (with my football) league but hey they happen to keep them news papers in business...

• Like 1

Chooka

Your boys did alright picking up Membrey. He's a very good footballer, mid sized forward. I think a bit of his problem at the swans was attitude and he was a bit unlucky with not keeping his spot. I hope he does well for you guys in the future but always gets dropped against the swans. wink.png

He would of been playing seniors if Goodes had retired.

I was spewin we lost Membrey. I thought it would have been a better long term decision for the club to have Membrey replace goodes. I could be surprised and Goodes has a ripper season...but I think his body and mind aren't where they need to be for a full season at the pace it is played.

We got nothing for Membey either ... Maybe he had too many tattoos per square inch of skin...not sure why he wasnt required.

I did hear the Swans sent down a lovely letter with Membrey's paperwork. It went along the lines of:

'Hi guys, for the hundredth time, thanks so much for Plugger and Barry Hall. We'll be back for Tim in about 5 years".

• Like 2

tongue.png

Oh you dont? i have an idea....the person even went so far as creating a new id and in boxing me with a message to pull my head in, i kinda feel sad for the couple of guys that just dont get it that cant take a joke that are just black and white, touchy etc etc.

Hey i didnt get sh***ie on the little old swans lady that belted me with her unbrella at the football once and ive done my apprenteship week in week out going to every game in those very dark years from the late sixties through to the 90,s...im a tax payer and i have rights...

I'll put my hand up and cop to grassing on AlexRRR's post that the mods deleted and no AlexRRR I didn't create an alter ego and tell you to pull your head in, pretty much put that one out in the open a few posts up thread.

I took exception to your comments regarding the racial BS you were harping on about taking a bullet for Iraq or ISIS or whatever off topic BS you were on about because your feelings got hurt about football and that you felt the need to defend it on a thread about AFL..

There was nothing funny or anything remotely resembling humour..

• Like 2

Grant old cobber you obviously never grown up kids...if you want them to behave a certian way you ignore the little things that irk you......if you ignore my rants i wont have anyone to entertain...keep up the good work old bean....

ps you could message me in private like a few have but really it shows how very thin skinned that person is.

ppss....somewhere in here you can actualy block me and never see any of my posts again...2015 you know? Were come along way.

Did you know that Collingwood and Newcastle United ( thats an English team not the city north of Sydney) share the Magpie moniker and black and white jumper?

Yep they do and there sort of my fave in the "game that the whole world play" just a bit of trivia for you.

Yet interestingly enough, the Port Adelaide football club was founded before both these 'Magpie' teams, yet carries the same 'moniker', wear a black and white guernsey but isn't allowed to be called said moniker or wear said guernsey...

• Like 2

Glad you asked that question mate.....Newcastle United were formed from Stanely cricket club in 1881 11 years before the pies, with most imigrants at that time arriving from the British isles kinda seems about right that a yorksire man/men would adopt something like the black and white stripes and magpie emblem of something they were familar with.

The Dees and Cats come in 1 and 2 as the oldest football clubs in the world about the only claim to fame we have.

Thanks for that.

Im a Geelong man so I was aware of the last fact.

• Like 1

(two part post due to the glitch in the multiquote system)

Blood05, Huckaffority and alexrrr might be interested in being part of it this year.

Open to everyone

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Chooka

Maybe practice games but still more exciting than that boring world game.

SUPERGOALS!

Ahhh.

Its nearly here.

The AFL should be called the ATL...Australian Tinker (with my football) league but hey they happen to keep them news papers in business...

I will join.

Ive never tipped on the AFL site before. How do i go about it?

• Like 1

Kkerry and Frankwhite. You guys might be interested in being part of it this year.

Open to everyone

Oh, and just in case BookMan forgot., will27 came second AND also won the finals tipping comptongue.png

• Like 2

I will join.

It is a very easy process.

Ripstanley will let us all know when you are able to register and one of us will post detailed instructions on how to set everything up and join our tipping comp.

The tipping groups can only be set up a couple of weeks prior to the main season starting but you can set up your AFL user name at any time form memory.

You register on the official AFL site. (If you keep a similar name to what you use here on Thai visa, it makes it easier). After you have registered, you join our competition 'Thailandmob'.

Each week, you use the AFL site to select your choices.

Chooka runs the Deamteam competition

• Like 1

Jason Holmes the saints American recruit will get his 1st run this afternoon. Ex Chicago basketballer / Swans Academy who has been on our list for 1 yr.

Swans Academy you say?

Great system that...

apparent Roos brought him out originally. 208cm and built like a brick shit house.
  • Like 1

A grader?

Let me guess. There are 200 A graders in the AFL?

So you think just about every player on the list is an A grader?

My take on an A grader is the top half a dozen in a club.

Mackenzie was unlucky not to make AA last year.

I will join.

It is a very easy process.

Ripstanley will let us all know when you are able to register and one of us will post detailed instructions on how to set everything up and join our tipping comp.

The tipping groups can only be set up a couple of weeks prior to the main season starting but you can set up your AFL user name at any time form memory.

You register on the official AFL site. (If you keep a similar name to what you use here on Thai visa, it makes it easier). After you have registered, you join our competition 'Thailandmob'.

Each week, you use the AFL site to select your choices.

Chooka runs the Deamteam competition

The tipping comp for 2015 opens mid March. When this opens you can register.

http://tipping.afl.com.au/

A grader?

Let me guess. There are 200 A graders in the AFL?

So you think just about every player on the list is an A grader?

My take on an A grader is the top half a dozen in a club.

Mackenzie was unlucky not to make AA last year.

I have about 2 A graders at the WCE.

And thats being generous.

Now you're just being silly.

Yet interestingly enough, the Port Adelaide football club was founded before both these 'Magpie' teams, yet carries the same 'moniker', wear a black and white guernsey but isn't allowed to be called said moniker or wear said guernsey...

This is true but they weren't in the VFL/AFL before The Colliwobbles.

• Like 1