Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

He is NOT my boy, Will

5311916-axe-on-chopping-block-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

I tipped them to keep the Roos off the bottom😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Great win for the Swans. I change my tip after Kennedy was ruled out. Jones was out in the 2nd quarter. The kids really stood up. Average age for the Swans tonight was just over 23. 

Good win for the youngsters Rip.

I very rarely turn a game off before the end winning or as lately losing.

But watching Allir Allir run around on his own for 3 quarters stopping every thrust forward i decided the Aussie election broadcast was more exciting than what Brad Scott could do in the coaches box.

Not to take away from the Swans,there 2nd quarter was intense attacking football.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Good win for the youngsters Rip.

I very rarely turn a game off before the end winning or as lately losing.

But watching Allir Allir run around on his own for 3 quarters stopping every thrust forward i decided the Aussie election broadcast was more exciting than what Brad Scott could do in the coaches box.

Not to take away from the Swans,there 2nd quarter was intense attacking football.

My thinking is that Allir Allir should not be in the team.  He can mark but after that he is hopeless. Maybe Brad Scott thought the same.

• Like 1

For FJ and Rip.

Courtesy of Titus.

North Melbourne (72) v Sydney (77)

This game had it all, niggle, questionable umpiring, Tasmanians and a tight finish. 

North’s major problem was a stretch in the second quarter when they conceded seven goals to two.

From there, it was all uphill as they fought back.

All North supporters could do is watch on and say ‘thank god for Jack Ziebell’ because without him North could be below Carlton on the ladder.

I think ‘thank god for Jack Ziebell’ is their membership campaign slogan this year.

The Kangaroos would have to be considering Brad Scott’s future, but in the ‘post-Hardwick won a premiership and Buckley has come good’ era no club wants to sack anyone.

Just as sacking coaches all the time doesn’t work, never sacking coaches probably doesn’t work either. 

Each situation is different and requires two things, thinking and judgement. 

Unfortunately, these two things are in short supply in the AFL. If only the AFL industry had those qualities in the same quantity as they have confidence.

Sydney will be thrilled they managed this great escape. They’ve now won two in a row and probably only need to win another ten in a row to play finals. 

Easy!

• Like 2

And one for our resident Blue Bagger.

Greater Western Sydney (138) v Carlton (45)

Carlton have to concede that getting Bill Shorten to give the pre-game speech was a mistake.

At least no pollster had them winning, so this wasn’t a surprise.

What probably was a surprise is that after all this time under Bolton, the Blues players can still produce some of the most shameful footy you’ll see. 

And shameful it was. All supporters want to see is effort, but against the Giants, the Blues players sized up early on that this was going to be all too hard and abandoned their game plan quicker than the French abandoned the Maginot Line.

It was every man for himself as the Giants stormed the barricades only to find the defensive structures completely empty.

There is no way the Blues players can claim they tried hard when you consider the stats of their opponents.

Lachie Whitfield had 40 possessions, 18 marks and three goals. Now he’s a really good player, but that’s ridiculous, especially when Tim Taranto had 38 possessions and Josh Kelly 35.

The Giants even won the tackle count which was amazing considering I barely saw a Carlton player touch the ball. 

Perhaps the most amazing part of the game was that Harry McKay managed to kick three goals. Considering the situation, that was like kicking 18 goals in a normal game.

So, what to make of the result? Well for the Giants, nothing, they would train harder than this. 

For Carlton, also nothing, they are exactly where they’ve always been and that’s the problem.

It certainly doesn’t help that if you successfully tag Cripps, you are effectively tagging Carlton.  

I used to enjoy making jokes at Carlton’s expense, but the fun has gone out of it. I’d say it’s because it’s like shooting fish in a barrel, but at least the fish offer a moving target.

• Haha 1