This is no big joke: Immigration rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, webfact said:

Welcome to our home for the holidays!

A huge sign proclaimed "Thai Immigration Bureau Songkran Festival".

So childish. Like a little baby infant. Cute at first, but then you realize it's just a completely dumb human... 

A nation of 67 million 'sanuk' 

I wonder whether this includes domestic passengers? Thais fly a lot more these days rather than use the trains and coaches.

Actually, Suvarnabhumi is capable of handling  76 flight operations per hour, so 1000 flights a day is quite possible. it had 800 flights per day 4 years ago.

However, how do you identify a tourist compared with other passengers? According to Trading Economics (a website) Thailand had only 300,000 tourist arrivals in April last year .... That is totally out of sync with what  the source article was suggesting.

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Amazing, particularly seeing as they stated just last year that the maximum capacity is 123,000 per day.  And just where are all these touristz?  Most places are dead, it just doesnt seem to add up.

I didn't realise Dianne Abbott had started working for the Thai govt

'The move follows the removal of immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn last week and his subsequent re-positioning as an ordinary civil servant in the PM's office.'

Yup, just an ordinary civil servant.

In the Prime Ministers office. ????

And from there, he'll obviously have no influence on anything at all. no sir, not a jot, nothing, a spent force, powerless.

And some people dare to call the Thais thick. Strap in lads. There's a rocky road ahead.

6 hours ago, rickudon said:

According to Trading Economics (a website) Thailand had only 300,000 tourist arrivals in April last year .... That is totally out of sync with what  the source article was suggesting.

As if it would be the first out of sync thing coming from the mouths of TAT officials.

If we were to believe them, the numbers always explode ????

9 hours ago, jesimps said:

My missus, who's a teacher also has two rows of shiny plastic ribbons. She doesn't have a clue what they're for other than they brighten up her uniform. All her fellow teachers have the same ones. She also has gold bars on her epaulette(?) The first time I saw her in unform I was tempted to jump to attention and salute! She doesn't have para wings though (yet), which I believe they get for sliding down a line like you see in these adventure parks and learning to roll at the bottom, although I could be wrong.

She can have my wings, including the certificate for sliding down the slip line - if of any use,  I don't have a need for them. 

14 hours ago, Benmart said:

A uniform, an array of medals and decorations (don't forget the obligatory wings), and a camera. All is well.

Medals and decorations which represent time spent down range in actual shooting wars, no doubt.

Archived