My experience with Vientiane ..

Thanks for the report.

4 hours ago, Rob4 said:

At 8:30 there is a big line outside, opened at 9:00am (got multiple offers to buy a line#/forms/etc)

4 hours ago, Rob4 said:

Conclusion - you can't really buy a slot illegally

We have at least one other report from someone who did buy a slot at the front for same-day use.  Sounds to me as if it is still going on, and they manage to get on the "official list."

4 hours ago, Rob4 said:

they still reject people.

Yes, w/o correct paperwork or, for a Tourist Visa, if you have an "remark stamp" on an old Tourist Visa in your passport.

4 hours ago, Rob4 said:

On border - they DO ASK many questions, not me, but others. They stopped a Russian guy and asked him a lot , he was worried.

So far, at that entry point, no reports of rejected-entry if one has a valid-visa - or if entering Visa-Exempt, (for those who qualify) not 2x land-border Visa-Exempt entries in the same calendar-year. 

Some countries have bilateral agreements, including Russia, so hard to tell what was going on there.  Personal history (overstays, etc) might also be factors.

Edited by JackThompson

@Rob4  One thing I noticed in your website, "... Links to all the Thai Embassies in the world. You can apply for a SETV in any of these locations"  is not correct.  This was stated earlier in the doc as well. Change it to "most" and you'd be OK.

In some countries it is impossible (Japan) unless you have residency there.  In others (India) it can be very difficult, due to the use of a 3rd party handling the applications.

Edited by JackThompson

with the same amount of staff they were able to handle up to 600 people before, now they limit at 200. They increased their own workload and loss of revenue is up to THB400000 or around USD12500. Taking into account that millions come here on free visa on arrival (usual THB2000/head) this must be one of the biggest money burning machines currently. Amazing Thailand.

49 minutes ago, visarunner said:

with the same amount of staff they were able to handle up to 600 people before, now they limit at 200. They increased their own workload and loss of revenue is up to THB400000 or around USD12500. Taking into account that millions come here on free visa on arrival (usual THB2000/head) this must be one of the biggest money burning machines currently. Amazing Thailand.

That was the "official" revenue.  Given the price-quotes at the gate to get w/o an appointment, the "unofficial" revenue must have skyrocketed.

3 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Anybody report doing Multi O to visit wife and what problems their might me flying back to Bangkok?

You won't get a Multi Non-O in Vientiane.  That would be Savannakhet (or HCMC, Hanoi, or Penang - close by). 

No reports of denials-of-entry with Non-O Multis at the Bangkok airports (yet).  They seem to be able to keep the detention-cells full with tourist-entries, for now.

The only known problem entry point for Non-O-MEs (so far) is Poipet/Aranyaprathet.

Edited by JackThompson

2 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Anybody report doing Multi O to visit wife and what problems their might me flying back to Bangkok?

No problems reported when a person had a valid non-o visa to use for entry.

Where do you plan on applying for one? Vientiane does not do multiple entry visas.

2 hours ago, visarunner said:

How was their workload increased?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can go at 10am because every time she change numbers, she starts from 0 (0-100, 0-140, 0-200) , to let those who late come in.

Anyway once inside the line is not strike, which means as long as your appointment is today, it doesn't really matter where you are in the line, you can just approach them and show your paper.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 9:36 AM, Rob4 said:

You can go at 10am because every time she change numbers, she starts from 0 (0-100, 0-140, 0-200) , to let those who late come in.

Anyway once inside the line is not strike, which means as long as your appointment is today, it doesn't really matter where you are in the line, you can just approach them and show your paper.

Thanks, that was just the information I needed. Maybe when they say you must arrive 30 minutes early, that means 1130 at the latest for the 0900-1200 appointments. I'm sure they don't want everyone crowding outside their building at 0830.