New TV

eezergood

OK guys looking for a new TV (doesn't have to be some insanely huge monster & i am not a true aficionado) so here are my questions - apologies of they seem silly 

Curved or not?

OLED or LED OR ????

Brands to absolutely stay away from?

Special features i should have/dont need?

thanks in advance 

Just now, johng said:

LG OLED if you want to spend a bit more for good colors and black that is truly black....LED is cheaper....Smart Tv isn't necessary just add an Android box later.

OLED seems to be more than i want or need to spend - Any recommendations?

We have a number of Sharp branded TVs which seem to be ok at a sensible price.

Our old samsung managed 10 years before developing lines on the screen, but it's still working and the lines are off the main viewing area, it currently resides in our Thai grandkids room.

We had bad luck with a couple of TCL TVs which scraped to the end of the warranty before dying terminally so personally I would avoid them.

Have got a Samsung 43" flat screen and its been working well since I bought it about 7 years ago........picture still great.

Every time I get the urge to look at buying some newly released models I compare them to mine and really don't see enough difference to warrant buying. Looked at curved ones and huge ones and if I were to buy again the Samsung or LG would be my choices.

I noticed that Big C and PowerBuy (Central Phuket) have some specials and good prices from time to time, so take a long look eezergood...........also I got onto a website which tests the various TVs and there is some really useful info there (like lighting in the room, distances etc).

Go to Big C, Tesco, Power Buy or other retailers and compare the picture quality, features and prices of the brands on display, to narrow down your choices.  Then compare the retail price of your choice from different retailers if you want. You want to get the most value for your money or budget. To me, the picture quality is important but at an affordable cost. Unless you have a reliable internet connection you don't need a "Smart TV", which will cost more. I have a 42" Samsung HD and a 43" LG UHD Smart TV that were purchased from Tesco at an unadvertised "special markdown" price and were 1500 baht and 2500 baht respectfully lower than Big C. I stream internet content via my laptop to the Samsung and also have a PS4 connected.  A PSI satelite and internet is connected the LG for the wife and daughters.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday  I bought on a whim ( cos it was cheap )  a "PrismaPro" 32 inch LCD TV from Makro  3590 baht !!!

it doesn't have a digital tuner  just analogue   2 x USB sockets  2 x HDMI  1 x VGA  2 x  composite inputs  PC audio in  and Headphone out.

I'm using it as a computer monitor via VGA...so far so good.

Prismapro.thumb.jpg.991569040007f76ac99f48ef521f3fcf.jpg

Archived