Watch out parliament, Farage warns at launch of new Brexit Party

snoop1130

Watch out parliament, Farage warns at launch of new Brexit Party

800x800 (1).jpg

The former leader of Britain's UK Independence Party (UKIP), Nigel Farage, speaks in his Westminster office during an interview with Reuters, in London, Britain February 12, 2018. REUTERS/Simon Dawson

LONDON (Reuters) - Nigel Farage, one of the leaders of a campaign to leave the European Union, launched a new Brexit Party on Friday, promising to put "the fear of God" into lawmakers he accused of betraying Britain's decision to quit the bloc.

In the central English city of Coventry, Farage, 55, whose former party UKIP is credited by many with forcing Britain's 2016 referendum on EU membership, told supporters his party was fielding an impressive team in next month's European Parliament elections.

After Prime Minister Theresa May secured another delay to Brexit in Brussels this week, parties are now preparing for the European elections despite the government's insistence that Britain could still leave the bloc without having to take part.

But with parliament rejecting May's deal to leave the EU three times, most parties suspect they will have to take part in the elections on May 23 - which could become a rerun, albeit on a smaller scale, of Britain's Brexit referendum in a possible challenge to May's Conservative Party.

"I'm doing this because ... I did actually, rather stupidly, for a moment believe that we'd won," Farage said, taking aim at those who campaigned to stay in the EU, or so-called Remainers.

"But it became clear pretty early on ... that our Remainer parliament, our Remainer cabinet and indeed our Remainer prime minister were going to do their utmost to delay, dilute and in many occasions to actually stop and overturn Brexit."

He said his new party had raised more than 750,000 pounds ($980,000) in the first 10 days of its existence and was attracting a pool of leading business people to represent it.

One of his backers was Annunziata Rees-Mogg, sister of leading eurosceptic Conservative lawmaker Jacob Rees-Mogg, who has campaigned for a clean break with the EU.

"We have seen over the course of the last few weeks the betrayal, wilful betrayal, of the greatest democratic exercise in the history of this nation," Farage said, vowing there would be "no more Mr Nice Guy" in what he called his fight back against parliament.

"We can win these European elections and we can again start to put the fear of God into our members of parliament in Westminster. They deserve nothing less than that after the way they've treated us over this betrayal."

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-04-12

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please explain " crackpot " ..or is just the fact that you intensely dislike the man and what his politics are????

And the hypocritical crackpot goes on again.   Good news is it appears the UK will be joining the EU elections and hopefully Farage will not be a re-elected MEP. Guess the grinning hypocrite will still take his European pension though.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Please explain " crackpot " ..or is just the fact that you intensely dislike the man and what his politics are????

Just for you:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=KI2wXI_mOMnSwAKQsIyQBg&q=crackpot+meaning&oq=crackpot&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0l8j0i10j0.2494.5074..6832...0.0..0.276.2198.2-9....3..0....1..gws-wiz.....0..35i39j0i67j0i131j0i131i67.N-CSm5LaQm8

18 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I guess his losers party will be as successful as his losers march. 

Farage won't mind. It will get him back in the institution he claims to despise, so he can collect a nice salary, nice pension and not show up for work because he doesn't believe in it but still get paid.

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

I dislike his policies , as an example is failure to vote for an amendment in 2013 that would have forced governments to give more of the fishing quota to local fishermen

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

We have seen over the course of the last few weeks the betrayal, wilful betrayal, of the greatest democratic exercise in the history of this nation," Farage said, 

This from a man who, before the vote, said if the result was close, another referendum would be required...seems he only meant that would be the case if he lost. 

Hypocrite. 

23 minutes ago, nontabury said:

And why do some remoaners dislike Nigel Farage, could it be that he is one of the few British politicians with any integrity. A man who puts the facts to the British people, and who is the most popular politician by a mile.

Unlike the lying and two faced politicians that the remoaners so admire.

re: "A man who puts the facts to the British people", if there is one thing clear in this huge Brexit mess is that no one, in the UK Parliament or on the street and especially not Farage, actually had any clue about the full implications of leaving.

Criticizing is always easy, though it seems a bit hypocritical to do it while getting a salary from the institution you despise.

Farage is buddy-buddy with Steve Bannon.  Both travel the world promoting what is arguably the fall of what was once referred to as the allied powers.  We should question their motivation.

DT even brought Farage to one of his love rallies and Nigel made a speech.  I doubt if more than a small percentage of the crowd even knew what he was talking about.

There is some sort of agenda here, not difficult to figure out where it comes from.

26 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Farage is buddy-buddy with Steve Bannon.  Both travel the world promoting what is arguably the fall of what was once referred to as the allied powers.  We should question their motivation.

DT even brought Farage to one of his love rallies and Nigel made a speech.  I doubt if more than a small percentage of the crowd even knew what he was talking about.

There is some sort of agenda here, not difficult to figure out where it comes from.

Correct there is a plan to create a federal Europe with the intentions of further reductions in the power of the people. What remoaners such as yourself fail or refuse to acknowledge, is were do those unelected Bureaucrats intend to take the people.

Remember that in 1975 the political elite lied and conned the electorate into voting for what we were told was a trading partnership. And then they went ahead and transformed it into the hated E.u.

2BAD7284-64DA-4223-9927-6CE8ACFB1C28.jpeg

9 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Farage’s Brexit Party Facebook page has gained 18,000 followers in 3 months.

A fluffy kitten gets more on a wet weekend.

It would seem the Brexit Party has considerably more followers than the new dynamic Change UK party, I have just checked but it is a closed group, but it does say 909 followers, which I thought quite a lot for a bunch of misfits.

The agends being to try and stop the multi national globalists from having a vast pool of manual labour to " play " with.
Eg..in my home country the UK..countless jobs have been lost due to the globalists relocating their business from the UK and moving it to eg estonia to save perhaps 50% in labour costs.
As I'm a Brit thro and thro..British people come 1st to me.

If Brexit does happen and the economy goes into meltdown, you can bet he won’t be there to try and help sort the mess out. He’s the kind of scoundrel who says  “I’ll  hold your coat” when you get in a fight and then scuttles off after going through the pockets.  I always picture him as one of those really annoying bores youd find in yuppyfied rural pubs as he gathers small groups of scared elderly people in the lounge bar to listen to and admire him as he promises to protect them from the evil hordes of Europe. Awful man, really.

6 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

The agends being to try and stop the multi national globalists from having a vast pool of manual labour to " play " with.
Eg..in my home country the UK..countless jobs have been lost due to the globalists relocating their business from the UK and moving it to eg estonia to save perhaps 50% in labour costs.
As I'm a Brit thro and thro..British people come 1st to me.

How does being in the EU make businesses relocate to Estonia? Surely a business could relocate regardless?

Yes..but generally they get an eu grant to help with the " removal ".
Hence..the move business out of the UK to eg estonia with the help of UK Taxpayers money !!!!

I don’t know about industry being given EU grants to relocate from the UK, that’s not good. Do you have a link to that, I’d like to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

56 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I don’t know about industry being given EU grants to relocate from the UK, that’s not good. Do you have a link to that, I’d like to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Have a read of the link below...

http://ilovetheeu.co.uk/trade/no-the-eu-does-not-fund-companies-to-move-jobs-out-of-the-uk/

Not sure how credible this link is, but it is probably just as credible as a ilovetheeu link.????

Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.

Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.

https://janetteheffernan.blogspot.com/2016/06/brexit-list-of-uk-companies-no-longer.html

2 hours ago, vogie said:

It would seem the Brexit Party has considerably more followers than the new dynamic Change UK party, I have just checked but it is a closed group, but it does say 909 followers, which I thought quite a lot for a bunch of misfits.

Is anybody here promoting the ‘Change Party’?

Archived