Jump to content
BANGKOK 21 May 2019 22:29
acenase

Has anyone been denied entry with a valid tourist visa?

Recommended Posts

I know that immigration is cracking down on back to back tourist visas. But has anyone ever had experience of being rejected at Suvarnabhumi or Don Mueng with a new unused tourist visa? If you get a rejection stamp, and the airlines forces you to fly to another country, does this also void your unused visa? Or do you simply just book a flight to another country like Vientiane and then use the tourist visa at the land border for 60 days? If you tell Thai airlines you will fly to Laos, dont they know that you will plan to enter the country via land border and wouldn't it raise flags at the Immigration at Laos or Thai border when they see you have a denial stamp or do they still let you in? 

 

I know that having a denial stamp doesnt mean you are banned from Thailand, so does that simply mean they deny you at this time but you can easily just try again by flying out and back in at another entry port? but then this means the next time you fly into the Airport they will see that you entered Thailand again after a denial and will even further risk denying your entry again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have, indeed, been recent cases of people denied entry at the Bangkok airports when holding a valid tourist visa.

 

The visa is unused, so it ought to be possible to use it to enter Thailand at a land crossing. Assuming you do not try to enter at Poipet/Aranyaprathet, experience to date suggests your chance of entering successfully is excellent. Certainly, the risk of a second denial would be greater if you try flying in rather than using a land crossing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, acenase said:

I know that immigration is cracking down on back to back tourist visas. But has anyone ever had experience of being rejected at Suvarnabhumi or Don Mueng with a new unused tourist visa?

Yes, at both airports.

 

55 minutes ago, acenase said:

If you get a rejection stamp, and the airlines forces you to fly to another country, does this also void your unused visa?

Itis immigration that decide where you fly to which is usually back to where you flew from by the airline that brought you.

 

The visa is only good if stamped ‘Used’ or ‘Cancelled’, which doesn’t usually happen.

 

55 minutes ago, acenase said:

Or do you simply just book a flight to another country like Vientiane and then use the tourist visa at the land border for 60 days?

You can sometimes fly to a country of your choice, but expect to go back to the country you flew from.

 

If the visa isn’t void you can still use it.

 

55 minutes ago, acenase said:

If you tell Thai airlines you will fly to Laos, dont they know that you will plan to enter the country via land border and wouldn't it raise flags at the Immigration at Laos or Thai border when they see you have a denial stamp or do they still let you in? 

No.

 

If you attempt to re-enter again it’s up to the IO at the time whether or not to let you in.

 

55 minutes ago, acenase said:

I know that having a denial stamp doesnt mean you are banned from Thailand, so does that simply mean they deny you at this time but you can easily just try again by flying out and back in at another entry port?

Yes you can attempt to enter again.

 

55 minutes ago, acenase said:

 but then this means the next time you fly into the Airport they will see that you entered Thailand again after a denial and will even further risk denying your entry again? 

Maybe; it’s depends on the IO at passport control.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going one step further with the OP's question, are there any verified examples of folks with valid tourist visas getting denied at an airport, then successfully getting in by the land route?  Or anyone in that situation that's been unsuccessful, even at a land border?

 

And at which land borders?

 

Just trying to get a sense of the odds for anyone contemplating the 2nd attempt...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Going one step further with the OP's question, are there any verified examples of folks with valid tourist visas getting denied at an airport, then successfully getting in by the land route? 

Yes.

 

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Or anyone in that situation that's been unsuccessful, even at a land border?

 

And at which land borders?

 

Just trying to get a sense of the odds for anyone contemplating the 2nd attempt...

The chances of getting denied at a land border are currently very small even if denied at the airport or other border crossing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes.

He said verified examples, not posts from users that joined "yesterday" or joined 2 months ago and have +0 community rating.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hakama said:

 

A story isn't enough for you? You need a user to proof his story to you? You say thank you even for the fact that a user joined and has shared his story. If you don't believe it -- your problem.

Sure sure

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is there any reasons why that works? If someone gets denied entry at the airport and they get a denial stamp and are forced to book a flight out and they choose say Laos, that they would be able to just do a quick turnaround and go from Vientiane to Nong Khai and get in easily. Is it just because the IO's at land crossing borders aren't as strict as the IO's at the airports? 

Edited by acenase
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...