BANGKOK
acenase

Has anyone been denied entry with a valid tourist visa?

19 hours ago, marke985 said:

Tomorrow April 14th, I will board a plane back to Don Meuang, this time with a tourist Visa issued from the consul in Manila.

You've already been denied once, and flying into DMK? Why? You're trying to get denied again? Fly into BKK and your chances are much better.

16 hours ago, JackThompson said:

use VIP service if you really must fly-in,

Can you elaborate on that? VIP service as in the VIP lane reserved for business class etc with the VIP slip, or an actual person to meet you at the gate and walk you through immigration?

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You've already been denied once, and flying into DMK? Why? You're trying to get denied again? Fly into BKK and your chances are much better

When I was originally denied entry I flew to Kuala Lumpur to figure out what the next plan should be.  I only has a small carry on bag with me since I was originally only planning to be outside of Thailand for a few days.

While sitting in Kuala Lumpur airport, I decided to just fly back to Manila as I'm familiar with the city and its public transportation/buses out of the city.  Upon, requesting my ticket to Manila I was reminded under Filipino law I needed to buy an exit ticket before I would be allowed to board the plane.  At this point, I was tired, had not showered or eaten well having spent the last night in the detention center in Don Meuang, I just bought a ticket back to Don Meuang as it was a cheap option to satisfy the airlines requirement for flights entering the Philippines.

Day 1 of being in the Philippines, I called Thai Elite to inquire about their services and was originally told the background check for the Visa would take around 10 business days.  At this point I thought I'll just use the ticket back to DMK as I should have the elite card by then.

After submitting my information to Thai Elite, I got an email saying the background check can take up to 1 month.  Since then, I've seen their website updated to say can take 1-4 months.  At this point I don't really care, I'm lucky enough to have enough money to not have to worry about things others may have to.  At this point, I'm more interested in seeing what happens today at DMK and kind of in a sick way hope to have issues to I can protest a denied entry with the form UbonJoe kindly provided a few posts back so I can learn about that process and share the experience with anyone interested on this forum.

The airline staff is not lying they simply have no clues and don't want to get blamed by their boss. The most straitgforward solution for them is if you don't come back to Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acenase said:

Denied Entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport with Valid Tourist Visa and Proof of Funds (April 13, 2019)

Thank you for your detailed report.

One piece of leverage people should always be aware of in this situation is that the airline is responsible for removing you from Thailand whether you pay or not. If you have unused flight coupons, they will grab them. Otherwise, you should use the threat that you will make it difficult to get reimbursement for the flight to pressure them into agreeing to fly you where you want to go.

It is predictable in this situation that the airline would want you to purchase additional flight coupons, because this makes it easy to get, at least partial, reimbursement should something go wrong at your planned destination, and the airline need to fly you elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What about starting to inform embassies and social media (press) about this kind of denials and lies?

There's no law in Thailand saying you have too many TVs, so no entry.

They clearly deny you with a lie written on your passport.

• Like 2

i never get denied..but last time i did a mistake because i speak thai wery well,then the immiration lady started ask me alot of things.It took about 15 minutes before she stamp my passport.She asked how i can speak thai..who learned me..and many other things.So next time i will just speak english

My Thai wife and I live in the UK at the moment but visit Thailand frequently. This year she has stayed in Thailand over the UK winter with her family.  She hates the cold.... When I visited last, which was only a month after the previous visit, on the entry paper where you have to state where you are staying in Thailand I put the address of the family house, as I have done before. For the first time ever I got asked if I was living in Thailand. Never had that happen before. So it seems that they are getting tougher.

If it’s that important to come back to Thailand, why not book a flight Europe to Kl, for example ( plenty reasonably priced flights) and come in through the Malay/ Thai land border ? Sounds a good chance to me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, acenase said:

I chuckled a bit, because I knew this was a lie...

This blatant and ridiculous lying also amuses me at times.  I believe its partly because those in authority are used to dealing with Thais of lower status who have no choice other than to accept the crap they are told.  Also because of the non-confrontational culture no one will challenge the most outrageous porkies.

I mention this, not to indulge in a bit of bashing, but more as a warning to those less familiar with Thailand.  You may be told all sorts of alarming things only some of which may have an element of truth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LongTang said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Slowly but surely Thailand is destroying its reputation as an attractive place to visit..

Not only just visit, but to retire to. 

Today's tourists, could be tomorrow's retirees.

I can't see the Chinese retiring here, so by giving farang a hard time while they are in their tourist visa phase, it's not a great advertisement for prospective retirees to Thailand. 

• Like 2