Has anyone been denied entry with a valid tourist visa?

2 hours ago, Thailand Outcast said:

The Elite Visa is perfect for the Thai government.  ????

And those at immigration who get a piece of the action for helping "encourage" purchases of this very overpriced visa.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is perfect for Thai immigration too. But honestly, isn't it a matter of about US$3000 per year? 

No, its 5 years up-front for the shortest duration.  If it were sold annually, it would still be way over the market-price.  They could sell a boatload at $500 / year or so - if sold annually - claiming they are a more "quality" destination than the PI, Cambodia, and Vietnam, where the cost is  approximately $300 / yr.

If they have Thai wives they can get Non-Imm O and marrriage extension.

If over 50 a retirement Extension.

Non-Imm-O-ME Visas for marriage - yes.  Extensions require timing to get the next one, and many have reported problems obtaining them due to needing to be at work when renewal-time arrives.

Of course, if there were any sanity, one could just renew when one returns - not "start over" the entire process from scratch - but sanity is not on the menu. 

Going to an agent, who can arrange extensions outside of the normal "allowable time window" IS on the menu, however.  Immigration is always happy to accommodate "tribute" payments - and will even overlook some of the published requirements (like those pesky financials, home-visits, TM-30s, etc) in exchange.

And, let's be serious, here - tribute-money is what this whole issue is all about, and immigration cannot get that from those entering on tourist-entries.  Some have tried (Sadao, famously), but they kept getting caught-out.  They need the agent-middleman, to keep this revenue-source out of the press.

Edited by JackThompson

If someone is denied entry at Suvarnabhumi with a TV (because too many!) is it mandatory to fly back to your country of origin? I’ve read here if people flying on to Laos then coming in over land. Do you have to fly using the airline you arrived on? Or are you able to purchase a ticket from any airline. I’m basically an 8/4 month guy. I spent 2 months in Thailand and 1 month back with the kids in Australia. I’ve been coming in on Emirates flights via Singapore to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

10 minutes ago, Wytchend said:

If someone is denied entry at Suvarnabhumi with a TV (because too many!) is it mandatory to fly back to your country of origin?

No.  Generally they send you back where you just flew from.  Recently, there have been reports they allow you to go somewhere else the same airline you flew in on will take you.

I’ve read here if people flying on to Laos then coming in over land. Do you have to fly using the airline you arrived on? Or are you able to purchase a ticket from any airline.

Yes - same airline.  The IO could allow you to do otherwise, but this is not common-practice.

I’m basically an 8/4 month guy. I spent 2 months in Thailand and 1 month back with the kids in Australia. I’ve been coming in on Emirates flights via Singapore to date.

As you are spending more than 1/2 of your time in Thailand, you are at especially high risk of an IO deciding to deny-entry, vs those who stay 1 month, and are out for 2. 

Having a tourist-visa reduces the risk vs Visa-Exempt - but the only way to avoid the risk of a denied-entry based on an IO's lie, is to use law-abiding entry points (neither airport in Bangkok qualifies, though some think DM is even worse than Swampy). 

Edited by JackThompson
  • Sad 1