Stupidness

Badrabbit

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

... a traditional and gentle water splashing ceremony... 

After 15 years in Pattaya, I can now enjoy this here in Thonglor where I now decided to live. 

It may not pleased everyone, but people are different here. 

17 hours ago, xylophone said:

And just a thought, why not allocate the beach or a large area or park to a place where wild songkran activities can be undertaken, then anyone who wants to get wet can go along and get wet!

jinkies, even the chinese have figured that out!

The-Water-Splashing-Festival-of-Dai-Ethn

On 4/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, madmitch said:

Have you expreienced Songkran in a non-tourist area? I have, and I hate to inform you that it is no different to the tourist areas

Absolute BS to say that it's the same everywhere else as in the tourist spots.

Glad we are so much better and civilised in the west, here's a nice example of Berlin on NYE: 

You can be happy if you don't lose your arms on NYE in europe... let them play their water stuff, who cares, it's really the smallest issue thailand has.

I am way more annoyed by corrupt cops on songkran than thais with waterguns, priorities i guess..

Is there a palindrome for 'I'm a curmudgeonly old fart?'

Wow, those Thais do some crazy things we don't do to celebrate their New Year. Why can't they be more  like us? Some foreigners join in too!

Where is the best burger/pizza in town? I bet it's not as good as home.

Why on earth did you come to Thailand?

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

Is there a palindrome for 'I'm a curmudgeonly old fart?'

Wow, those Thais do some crazy things we don't do to celebrate their New Year. Why can't they be more  like us? Some foreigners join in too!

Where is the best burger/pizza in town? I bet it's not as good as home.

Why on earth did you come to Thailand?

I think many men who come here are socially inept, & have had few girlfriends that ended abruptly.

Then they come here, pick up a bg, imagine that she's a real girlfriend, & get burnt.

Then, there's the Narcissist.....too many here, you can spot them on the forum, with their unbelievable posts.

On 4/18/2019 at 5:21 AM, faraday said:

I think many men who come here are socially inept, & have had few girlfriends that ended abruptly.

Then they come here, pick up a bg, imagine that she's a real girlfriend, & get burnt.

Then, there's the Narcissist.....too many here, you can spot them on the forum, with their unbelievable posts.

Then there are the online psychiatrists. Easy to spot the one in this thread, the one who projects his insecurities on to others. 

Your talents are wasted here on thaivisa. You could be making a difference in the world with your natural ability and superior intellect. 

On 4/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, samsensam said:

hummm yes and no, i think you'll find the 'fun' you refer to is primarily 'enjoyed' by local children, teenagers and, if you look closely, the majority of adults involved are the low class and low educated. my thai friends are all middle class professionals and all, without exception, despair at what has happened to their once respectful and peaceful tradition.

You need to take a look at a few photos from the good old days, 6x trucks loaded with Thais and barrels of water ready to throw. The guy who invented the idea that Songkram was some gentile water sprinkle had to be some old English guy who never came to Thailand. Songkram has been a splash fest long before you got here.

Archived