Pattaya: Video shows Songkran water wars start at resort

rooster59

Pattaya: Video shows Songkran water wars start at resort

1555077996213-696x392.jpg

Image: The Pattaya News

A video on the site of The Pattaya News showed tourists and Thais starting water wars at the beginning of the Songkran festival yesterday evening.

The media said there were "quite a few" people out on the streets especially in areas set aside by the beer bars to hurl water at each other and passing cars, baht buses and motorbikes. 

The daytime temperature had been 35-37 degrees so it was welcome to cool down. 

Vendors with both small and big water guns were doing a good trade.

Today there are expected to be many more water tossers out on the streets.

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-13

If you live here, you are pretty much aware its that strip on beach road and soi 6 etc were the die hards always start early. Otherwise most of Pattaya and jomtiem are business as usual until the 18th, 19th.

17 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The daytime temperature had been 35-37 degrees so it was welcome to cool down. 

My condo and my car both have buttons for that.

Cant say I've ever felt the urge to throw water over myself instead.

45 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

A video on the site of The Pattaya News showed tourists and Thais starting water wars at the beginning of the Songkran festival yesterday evening

Is that serious - it 'started' in Pattaya yesterday?

No one has been throwing water until now. Shurely shome mishtake?

38 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If you live here, you are pretty much aware its that strip on beach road and soi 6 etc were the die hards always start early. Otherwise most of Pattaya and jomtiem are business as usual until the 18th, 19th.

Add Soi 7, 8 and buakhao to the list , also started yesterday 

40 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You go to Beach road and Soi 6?  Brave man. 

the Red Cat Bar. :cheesy::cheesy:

"Welcome our resort sir."

"Thank you. I'll have Absolut vodka martini, shaken not stirred. Three olives."

"No have. Have Leo."

Actually I met a very beautiful and sexy woman in the Red Cat bar while I was trying to watch the sun go down in between tour buses driving by.   

It looks like there are lots of Chinese and Korean young men roaming around fully armed. They are more polite than some of the Brits?

I wonder what their gorgeous women are up to while their husbands and boyfriends are playing out.

45 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the Red Cat Bar. :cheesy::cheesy:

"Welcome our resort sir."

"Thank you. I'll have Absolut vodka martini, shaken not stirred. Three olives."

"No have. Have Leo."

Actually I met a very beautiful and sexy woman in the Red Cat bar while I was trying to watch the sun go down in between tour buses driving by.   

You sure it was a real woman not surgically produced one?????????

Hi Folks ... I note that there are very many of the usual 55 gallon blue plastic barrels around Pattaya. (Yesterday's garbage containers morphing into today's Songkran water containers). Just as long as all of the sticky fetid noxious 12 months old build up of garbage from last year's Songkran has been emptied out and the barrels have been given a steam cleaning – cannot see a problem. 

Like Christmas and New Year the whole meaning of Songkran has been lost. 

As we know the wafer was originally just a cleansing for cleaning your hands now it’s developed into a commercial thing.

I don’t honestly believe droves of tourists arrive to ‘celebrate’ it, I would say the opposite.

7 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Soi Buakhao is fast catching up. Tossers there in force since before 3 pm yesterday (12th)

6 minutes ago, nong38 said:

Hardly surprising that trade is down in Pattaya why would anyone want to go to the place!

Not sure that anyone besides yourself mentioned that trade is down.

The OP actually says the opposite

"Vendors with both small and big water guns were doing a good trade".

Archived