Pattaya: Video shows Songkran water wars start at resort

rooster59

So did the police started fining 10 000 baht if you get hit and never asked for it?  They promised they would. I am ready to complain at the station. 

11 hours ago, RobMuir said:

No one has told you?

Do yourself a favor, you will love it. Awesome.

I wonder if the large tanker I saw opposite Lotus Sukhumwit 4+ years ago is again filling up the drums on the pick up trucks..I guess so as why waste an opportunity to make money...Only trouble is ,is that written on the side in English were the words..... 'EMTY YOU TILET'...and a phone number

4 minutes ago, p414 said:

I wonder if the large tanker I saw opposite Lotus Sukhumwit 4+ years ago is again filling up the drums on the pick up trucks..I guess so as why waste an opportunity to make money...Only trouble is ,is that written on the side in English were the words..... 'EMTY YOU TILET'...and a phone number

Ha ha! You sure they're not talking crap?

I really have no issue with the Thai 'traditional' method of wishing someone well for Songkran (gently putting talc mix on face and pouring a little bit of water gently on the head after permission is politely asked), in fact I find it very charming and friendly.

But the complete <deleted> I have seen in Pattaya, mostly farrang, hurling big buckets of cold water at passing motorbike riders should <deleted> off (yes the feckers got me yesterday lol). Their intent is to cause suffering; completely the opposite of the Thai traditional way. 

There, I feel better now. Got that off my chest - job done.

58 minutes ago, BoonToong said:

I really have no issue with the Thai 'traditional' method of wishing someone well for Songkran (gently putting talc mix on face and pouring a little bit of water gently on the head after permission is politely asked), in fact I find it very charming and friendly.

But the complete <deleted> I have seen in Pattaya, mostly farrang, hurling big buckets of cold water at passing motorbike riders should <deleted> off (yes the feckers got me yesterday lol). Their intent is to cause suffering; completely the opposite of the Thai traditional way. 

There, I feel better now. Got that off my chest - job done.

Oh yes, the old days. In your imagination. Nothing has changed.

1593BC8F-45A3-45BE-89CA-7661FD146017.jpeg

3B7CA77A-4DDF-415A-9B94-7741971E84DD.jpeg

On 4/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, rooster59 said:

areas set aside by the beer bars to hurl water at each other and passing cars, baht buses and motorbikes. 

So it seems its "perfectly expectable" to throw buckets full of ice water

( water from various sources ) into the face of passing motorcyclists ..if the riders fall off and injure or kill themself then "never mind"   or even "Som nom na"  ???   ????

5 minutes ago, johng said:

So it seems its "perfectly expectable" to throw buckets full of ice water

( water from various sources ) into the face of passing motorcyclists ..if the riders fall off and injure or kill themself then "never mind"   or even "Som nom na"  ???   ????

You're obviously getting into the spirit of it.

What other country in the world would promote an event/celebration where hundreds die and thousands are injured in road accidents.

it is noticeable how many people actually leave Thailand during Songkran, I think there will be more leaving than arriving ?

I did Songkran in Pattaya one year back in 2007 I think it was.  It was about what I expected with the exception of the meanness and aggression I saw in a lot of Thai people's eyes.  I got the impression many loved being able to lash out at foreigners.  I guess that's OK.  It is a strange setup out there.  Probably better for people to vent their anger and frustrations by throwing water. It might lower the overall stress level for the rest of the year

16 hours ago, Traubert said:

Nothing like becoming an expat and immersing yourself in the local culture hey?

Or sniping at the locals for following their traditions........

These are not their traditions. 

Archived