Jump to content
BANGKOK 27 May 2019 06:10
rooster59

Foreign pedestrian dragged under Chinese tour bus in South Pattaya

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The local driving standards are doing their best to reduce the number of tourists, whether it's on the sea or on land.

Funny. You get em in. We'll do em in. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

No hope is there🤔

Little or none!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The secondary consideration maybe being fried alive one the scorching tarmac once you have been run over by a bus🤔 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I actually have a bus licence and an articulated vehicle licence and I know that in either vehicle it is very hard to feel a small variation like that at the rear of the vehicle. In fact drivers of such vehicles often cant even feel it if they go over the curb or get a flat tire. If you cant see it in a mirror then you are often unaware that it is happening.

Well i had a psv license, also a class 1 license and totally disagree with what you posted.

For anybody not familiar a psv license is public service vehicle, my number was mm5937

 

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....ditto....

 

...what do the Chinese have to do with it....simply being passengers using Thai services in Thailand....???

 

...jeez....

 

***

 

...absolutely horrific and ....should be unacceptable....besides....

 

...'did not/had not noticed'.....???

 

...should never be allowed behind the wheel of any vehicle whatsoever again....!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hard to believe on a busy street like that no one saw how the accident occurred.  Sanook article's kind of weird. Emphasizes Chinese tour bus filled with Chinese tourists and Thai good samaritans who alerted driver about the accident and provided shade for rescue workers, but makes no effort to find out how accident occurred or who was at fault. I understand this was probably just an initial news report, not an in-depth accident investigation. Fair enough. My question is: where were the police?

Edited by Gecko123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

Hard to believe on a busy street like that no one saw how the accident occurred.  Sanook article's kind of weird. Emphasizes Chinese tour bus filled with Chinese tourists and Thai good samaritans who alerted driver about the accident and provided shade for rescue workers, but makes no effort to find out how accident occurred or who was at fault. I understand this was probably just an initial news report, not an in-depth accident investigation. Fair enough. But my question is, where were the police?

Probably where they usually are. Sitting around (in the aircon) doing nothing.

Here in Udon, half-an-hour ago today just outside of the ring road, there's a nice tent (sorry no A/C), with more than half-a-dozen police sitting on chairs watching the pickups drive past throwing water.

Not a single one of the police one was standing up, looking around to check anything. All of them were busy gassing to each other.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So was the driver Thai or Chinese? If Thai why mention it was a Chinese Tour Bus?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Derek B said:

So was the driver Thai or Chinese? If Thai why mention it was a Chinese Tour Bus?

 

I think it's Rooster who does the translations, so I'd guess he's just following what was written in Sanook. It must be the Thai press who mentioned it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Probably where they usually are. Sitting around (in the aircon) doing nothing.

Here in Udon, half-an-hour ago today just outside of the ring road, there's a nice tent (sorry no A/C), with more than half-a-dozen police sitting on chairs watching the pickups drive past throwing water.

Not a single one of the police one was standing up, looking around to check anything. All of them were busy gassing to each other.

 

Went past the one in Ban Leaum earlier this morning.

 

The words "hive of activity" just did not spring to mind.

 

I'll bet the buggers get paid extra though- 'working unsocial hours' :laugh:

 

Will be going past 'em again later, I'll see if I can get a pic of their fine work ethic.:crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

What about the tourists eyesight? So poor he couldn’t see the bus?

 

I see nothing to make me believe the pedestrian wasn’t at fault. Was the driver driving on the footpath? 

 

“Stunned that a we have any tourists left whatsoever” You are carrying on a bit. 40,000,000 tourists and one falls under a bus. 

He was probably glued to his smartphone.

 

“This sort of thing happens way too often” Really? Where?

 

I predict the tourist industry will recover.

This one is so full of errors.

 

It is very likely the tourist does not have eyes in the back of his head. Also he could be Indian, they are accustomed to be walking in the road.

Footpath, have you been to Pattaya? Usually there are no footpaths, and if there are they are blocked by hawkers and surly Motorcycle taxi drivers. The town's roads aren't really big enough for these large coaches.

This is by far not the only incident of a pedestrian tourist being hit by a large tourist coach. 

Do you mean the coach driver was using his phone or the pedestrian?

The corner of Beach Rd and Walking St and South Pattaya Rd is a dangerous spot.

The tourist industry might well recover, this tourist never will. 

 

 

 

Edited by jacko45k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...