BANGKOK 23 May 2019 07:38
rooster59

Foreign pedestrian dragged under Chinese tour bus in South Pattaya

all these comments on here i bet you have never driven a big lorry or a bus in your life, talking about feeling a bump, you aint got a clue sort of comment from car drivers, dont comment on things you know NOTHING about,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about "Pedestrian dragged under tour bus in South Pattaya" instead of "Foreign pedestrian dragged under Chinese tour bus in South Pattaya"?

Does the nationality of the people in the bus really matter?

And does it matter if the pedestrian was foreign or Thai?

it sure does, the Chinese were supposed to be going up north of BKK and this happen south of BKK 555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

proud member of the thai driving public, didnt see and didnt feel the impact; more no-look thai driving

Whilst I will never condone the severity of this incident, I really think too many people jump straight in with comments such as, yours.

If you have ever driven any large vehicle, you will know that the " feel " of them is nothing like a car,and a bump or jolt is usually a pothole or bump in the road (of which Thailand is the World leader ).  

Just  saying

• Like 1

Be nice if someone could retrieve the amputated arm which seems to be lying in the road in that photo...

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about "Pedestrian dragged under tour bus in South Pattaya" instead of "Foreign pedestrian dragged under Chinese tour bus in South Pattaya"?

You are absolutely correct.

Reading many posts herein it implies that the Thai drivers knock down only tourists! If so... could it be that the tourists are to blame?

I sincerely hope this injured person will recover soon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

"Chinese tour bus", I pretty sure it's not legally owned by a Chinese company or Chinese person, but was driven by a Thai. So calling it a Thai tour bus would be accurate. Oh, wait, maybe the bus was manufactured in China. 

Edited by 1duckyboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Surprised there are not a lot more of these type of accidents during Songkran.

Songkran just started, be patient... wait and see, more much more to come

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Unbelievable that any driver would not be aware of a pedestrian being dragged by his vehicle.

Brain dead bugger should not be on the road.

hearing impaired device not working properly, low battery 555

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Unbelievable that any driver would not be aware of a pedestrian being dragged by his vehicle.

it appears Thai drivers don't agree with you 555

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

You obviously don't drive. Today's suspensions are so good, that you can drive with a flat and not notice it. The roads are so bad particularly around the drains that no bumps would create more alarm. Especially pattaya tai .

Ive always been wary of bus and truck drivers, as they're likely high on caffeine drinks or worse.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It’s called ‘human interest’, mate. It adds colour to the story. Most readers are interested in the additional information.

The UK’s Daily Mail goes one step further and does a check on zoopla so that it can tell its readers how much your house is worth too 😱

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Only the PC Brigade is try to Homogenize everyone. People are different, get over it. I could think of a lot more descriptive words than Foreign & Chinese, but if I write them here, my post would be swiftly deleted.

PC is DOA in Asia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rgrdns said:

I've a walk often...but always on high alert....need to be, because I feel like a walking obstacle to many vehicle drivers 

Right on ! At all cost stay off roads.

As is so often necessary when having to walk on them exercise extreme caution!!!!

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, but what about the pedestrian's eyesight? Couldn't he see the bus? Was he trying to cross the road, or just walking on it, the article doesn't say anything about it?

PS. I'm not trying to blame the victim.

Probably walking on pavement with back to traffic, stepped into road without thinking to avoid some inevitable obstruction....foodseller, garbage bin, beggar, hole, whatever.  You constantly have to step into the road when walking on appalling footpaths here and sometimes just forget to look first as you don't anticipate a speeding lunatic driving in the gutter.

• Like 1