View Talay 5 Jomtien

Have been searching all afternoon but apart from a little used FB Page cannot find the info i was looking for

"Are there any groups or websites that give information for owners of VT5 Jomtien Pattaya Condo's ? Such as Meetings, AGM Info, Legals, etc etc ?"
Any link with info would be appreciated thanks

Don't know much about it but looked at a few condos when looking to buy (ended up in the cheaper VT2). Not sold out and you can buy shells from VT at a 10% discount. Maybe have a look at how many have air cons on their balconies to see what proportion are unsold. I would imagine that VT would control the boards with all their proxy votes they will have from the unsold condos. Quite popular with gays as well as Boystown is on the doorstep and the gay beach at Jomtiem. Seems to have a higher class of owner than other blocks in the area and is fairly well maintained at first glance. The streetside block is more popular as it is much closer to the baht bus. If you do buy don't buy in company name as there could be a whole host of nasties lurking there - unless it's for your Thai partner and you will be transferring to Thai chanote.  The art cafe on its doorstep is owned by VT owners daughter and is a lesbian/gay/arty hangout - nice enough but a bit pricey.  The two empty plots either side would potentially worry me in the future as they could build a high rise to overshadow/take away the view. Met a seemingly very honest agent and wise counsel on the ground floor ,  turn left from reception and her shop is the first estate agent on the left. Happy to chat without any hard sell. Found it a tad 'dull' for my tastes but then that might be just what you are after! Jomtiem and that area are a great choice though - good luck with your hunt. 

• 2 weeks later...

One plus for VT5 is that (I've heard) they already offer fibre internet service.  Jealous?  Who me?  (Yep.)

If you are interested in beach access, there is a locked gate (VT5 owners have a card key) at the beach end of the driveway.

The foreign-owned 49% quota is full at both VT5 buildings, so the units still for sale by the developer are only for Thai- or company-owned purchases.

I looked at VT5 when I bought in 2016 and was impressed with the state of the buildings in general and the units I looked at in particular, but decided to buy elsewhere.

On 4/23/2019 at 6:27 PM, wpcoe said:

One plus for VT5 is that (I've heard) they already offer fibre internet service.  Jealous?  Who me?  (Yep.)

If you are interested in beach access, there is a locked gate (VT5 owners have a card key) at the beach end of the driveway.

The foreign-owned 49% quota is full at both VT5 buildings, so the units still for sale by the developer are only for Thai- or company-owned purchases.

I looked at VT5 when I bought in 2016 and was impressed with the state of the buildings in general and the units I looked at in particular, but decided to buy elsewhere.

Well I have Decided to Buy, from an existing Owner and in Foreign Quota, Had not heard of Fibre Optic Available ? 3BB is in the Condo already with a Maximum 50Mb Download Speed available ? I know TOT also available in the Building, but not been made aware of a Fibre Option ? Does anyone have any details please ?

I’ve just bought a condo in 5D. I’m not completely sure, but I don’t think this building has fiber. There’s certainly no fiber connection to my condo, only ADSL, and when I paid for 6 months at a 3BB office they didn’t mention anything about a fiber option.

Good luck with your purchase.

I've been wracking my brain trying to remember where I heard/saw that VT5 has fibre internet, and can't.  Sorry!  I just remember feeling disappointed that my building in the same neighborhood didn't have it.

Archived