Transfer money out from Thailand.

So I have only seen Deemoney offer this service if I don't want to use a normal bank and go thru all the hassle of paperwork. I only need to transfer a small amount... About 7k gbp to my UK bank. Has anyone used Deemoney? Do you need to go to their bkk branch or can do thru their app like they say you can? And how long did it take for the funds to arrive? Thanks in advance if anyone can help with this.

BBL can do that with nominal paperwork..gotta find the right branch/person...i did 3 x 300k last year with only ID..took about six hours to show up in my brokerage account...and i knew the exchange rate in advance.  It is better to have the money in your account than to walk in with a stack of notes.

17 minutes ago, reenatinnakor said:

So you just transfer the thb equivalent amount to their Thai bank and then they'll send the gbp to your UK bank?

Yes. You do it online on your computer or using smart phone app. Very, very simple.

The app will show you how much will be received in GBP.

1 hour ago, reenatinnakor said:

So you just transfer the thb equivalent amount to their Thai bank and then they'll send the gbp to your UK bank?

Once you complete the setup process it will become more clear...

Your Thai bank sends baht to DeeMoney...DeeMoney sends gbp to the receiver bank you designated in the setup...

When you tell the system how much baht you wish to transfer...the system will tell you exactly how much gbp your other bank will receive...

You can call...they are very helpful...

1 hour ago, Essex Reject said:

So you cannot send money to the UK from your phone, not listed as one of the countries?

Sure you can send money to the UK using the DeeMoney app on your phone....or use their website with your computer browser.   But you will need to check an see if your UK bank is on the list of UK banks they can send to. 

You use to be able to do that on their website, but it doesn't work now...you instead need to check within your DeeMoney account.   You could call/email DeeMoney with your bank's name to see if they can send to it.

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

Sure you can send money to the UK using the DeeMoney app on your phone....or use their website with your computer browser.   But you will need to check an see if your UK bank is on the list of UK banks they can send to. 

You use to be able to do that on their website, but it doesn't work now...you instead need to check within your DeeMoney account.   You could call/email DeeMoney with your bank's name to see if they can send to it.

Have a look, on the FAQ's it says you can send money to 17 countries which includes the UK in the list, but on their main page it says can send money to 15 countries, and when clicking on 'get approved' on the drop down menu that asks to choose your 'country of transfer' the UK is not there.

27 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

... but on their main page it says can send money to 15 countries, and when clicking on 'get approved' on the drop down menu that asks to choose your 'country of transfer' the UK is not there.

"Specifically when page are you talking about that only shows "15" countries.   If talking below page,

https://www.dee.money/get-approved  then that probably a webpage error/typo.  And as you mentioned on their signup page they leave out the UK but that an error also as confirmed in a related thread.  Their webpage has errors here and then and some broken links.  Like you use to be able to see what banks in each country they can send to but when clicking on those links it just gives broken link error.   But when logged onto your DeeMoney account via app or computer browser that all works like a charm.

Summary: they support transfers to the UK for X-amount of banks.....around 40 different banks if I remember right.  

If you want to, tell me your UK bank and I will log onto my DeeMoney account and see if it listed.

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

"Specifically when page are you talking about that only shows "15" countries.   If talking below page,

https://www.dee.money/get-approved  then that probably a webpage error/typo.  And as you mentioned on their signup page they leave out the UK but that an error also as confirmed in a related thread.  Their webpage has errors here and then and some broken links.  Like you use to be able to see what banks in each country they can send to but when clicking on those links it just gives broken link error.   But when logged onto your DeeMoney account via app or computer browser that all works like a charm.

Summary: they support transfers to the UK for X-amount of banks.....around 40 different banks if I remember right.  

If you want to, tell me your UK bank and I will log onto my DeeMoney account and see if it listed.

You posted the ink to the page where it says clearly on the right in bold letters that you can send money to 15 countries from Thailand and you're asking where it is??

If on the drop down menu if the UK missing it due to error then that makes sense.

You are making a big thing out of what bank in the UK, I bank with Lloyds and to be honest if they have 40 banks I really think that will cover pretty much everyone, don't you?

10 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

You are making a big thing out of what bank in the UK, I bank with Lloyds and to be honest if they have 40 banks I really think that will cover pretty much everyone, don't you?

In related threads some people listed UK banks/building societies that were not listed.  Does UK only have 40 banks/building societies?  No, they have a lot more, but I expect those 40 cover a good many UK folks.    For the US it lists around 77 banks if I remember right...about half of the banks/credit union I have accounts at are on the list...fortunately, my primary banks were on their list. 

Usually its the smaller, regional banks/credit unions/building societies/etc. that will not on the DeeMoney list of banks.

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It is listed and you can send it.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As above, the Uk isn't currently listed on their site in the 15 countries, but seems to be an error.

Does one have to open an account in a branch to get the ball rolling or can it be done online?

4 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

As above, the Uk isn't currently listed on their site in the 15 countries, but seems to be an error.

Does one have to open an account in a branch to get the ball rolling or can it be done online?

Nope...you don't have to go to a branch.  Start the process online if desired.....they contact you via phone/email to walk you thru the signup.  

https://www.dee.money/get-approved/

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Nope...you don't have to go to a branch.  Start the process online if desired.....they contact you via phone/email to walk you thru the signup.  

Cheers. So once approved can I send money from my Thai account to them and then they send onto my UK bank? I beleive that's how it works?

2 hours ago, Kelsall said:

What is the maximum amount you can send to the US using dee money?

Basically $15K....see DeeMoney customer service response below.  They also told me the same $15K amount when I asked at one of their branches.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your question!

For USA we have a transfer limit per transaction at 475,000THB and you can send up to 800,000THB per day.Actually,customer can transfer up to 20 transactions per day and up to 40 transactions per month for both channels:mobile app and branches.

*Note : Via mobile application customer can send only 690,000THB per month,but via branches of DeeMoney no limit...

Sincerely Yours,

Customer Service Team

What are people's thoughts on the cost/convenience of DeeMoney vs. using a Thai bank?

EDIT: I just did the math on a transfer from THB to USD via DeeMoney. It looks like, transfering 100,000 THB, I'd pay a 150 THB fee, and I'd lose about $23.60 on the exchange/transfer spread they have (they'll exchange THB for USD at 31.80, and transfer it at 32.02).

So, all told, roughly $28.50 to transfer 100,000 THB.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:52 PM, Pib said:

I'm all signed up with Deemoney but my Bkk branch bank as I said in another post won't give me Bualuang iBanking on my joint a/c I have open another a/c which didn't want to do.

Is there another way I can sent money to Deemoney to send on to a listed UK bank.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm all signed up with Deemoney but my Bkk branch bank as I said in another post won't give me Bualuang iBanking on my joint a/c I have open another a/c which didn't want to do.

Is there another way I can sent money to Deemoney to send on to a listed UK bank.

Direct Debit setup....talked on the DeeMoney website.  

https://www.dee.money/support/

And there is no restriction with you having ibanking capability on a joint account....I do with my various Bangkok Bank accounts....joint account with the wife.   I'm just on a retirement extension of stay; don't have a work permit or anything like that....just a retired bum.

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

Direct Debit setup....talked on the DeeMoney website.  

https://www.dee.money/support/

And there is no restriction with you having ibanking capability on a joint account....I do with my various Bangkok Bank accounts....joint account with the wife.   I'm just on a retirement extension of stay; don't have a work permit or anything like that....just a retired bum.

Our Bkk branch won't do it I will go and ask again.

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Our Bkk branch won't do it I will go and ask again.

It's the norm to have ibanking whether a single or joint owned account....assuming the owner(s) wants ibanking.  Assuming your joint owner is a Thai spouse, take him/her along and demand it. 

If the branch still says no, then obviously they are not a farang-friendly.  And yes, there are such branches....too many really.

Archived