Transfer money out from Thailand.

For people that want to know more about the Dee Money service...

So I finally did a test send from Dee Money yesterday and it arrived in my UK Barclays in just over 24 hours.

170,000 thb yesterday the XE.com rate was 4,086 gbp and I received 4,072 into my bank and because it was the first send the 150thb fee was waived. So they make about 14 quid on the exchange rate which is pretty reasonable. Would be way cheaper than a Thai bank and excluding all the hassle of paperwork.

The app is pretty easy to use and they email you straight back if you have questions. You pay them via qr code from your banking app. Don't need to go the branch.

Overall very good service and very quick transfer time. 20190501_174738.jpeg20190501_174647.jpeg

On 5/1/2019 at 5:59 PM, reenatinnakor said:

For people that want to know more about the Dee Money service...

So I finally did a test send from Dee Money yesterday and it arrived in my UK Barclays in just over 24 hours.

170,000 thb yesterday the XE.com rate was 4,086 gbp and I received 4,072 into my bank and because it was the first send the 150thb fee was waived. So they make about 14 quid on the exchange rate which is pretty reasonable. Would be way cheaper than a Thai bank and excluding all the hassle of paperwork.

The app is pretty easy to use and they email you straight back if you have questions. You pay them via qr code from your banking app. Don't need to go the branch.

Overall very good service and very quick transfer time. 20190501_174738.jpeg20190501_174647.jpeg

Which Thai bank did you transfer from? I have used Bangkok Bank but using the QR code can only send 50K baht per day for some reason,

i have a Kasikorn account and they told me today, they will not allow any overseas transfers, only in Thailand

Anyone know which bank i can open an account with that will allow me to do online transfers  ?

i have no problem using "Transferwise" to send money from UK bank to Kasikorn, but it seems they will not allow the reverse

Any idea would be much appreciated

I have transferred funds to the US from my Kasikorn account several times in the past year.  You need to show them why.  Last time i told them i was paying off my American Express, showed them the bill and they sent the funds to my US account.  Before that i was supplying my father with funds.  Kasikorn will do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived