Officials inspect black water flowing onto Merlin Beach

rooster59

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1555063150_1.jpg

Photos posted on Facebook show wastewater flowing onto Merlin Beach in Patong. Photo: supplied

PHUKET: Banyad Horpetch, an officer from the Patong Municipality Sanitation Division, went to inspect Merlin Beach in Patong on Wednesday (Apr 10) after a complaint was made by a woman who posted a video on Facebook showing black water flowing onto the beach and into the sea.

The woman, who asked not to be named, contacted The Phuket News voicing her concerns about the wastewater which she said she had seen many times.

“It doesn’t flow onto the beach all the time but it does so very often,” she said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/officials-inspect-black-water-flowing-onto-merlin-beach-71084.php#lAYztiytTADI2UCh.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-14

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

They inspect, then what? 

Black water to brown envelopes.

If you read the link, you'd find this.

"On Thursday at 9am, I went to inspect Merlin Beach again and found water similar in colour to Ovaltine flowing from another pipe which is located in the same area. I think the wastewater flows from this pipe,” he said. “I’ve not been able to find the source of the wastewater yet, so for now, I decided to block the pipe with concrete to stop the water from flowing onto the beach."

A great stop gap measure(!) sure to gain the attention of the despoilers.  

This behavior is rampant in Thailand,buses and unkept diesel p/u's pouring thick black smoke , while plastic waste fills the bins before noon , burning of crops creating poison air ....Amazing Thailand

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

"On Thursday at 9am, I went to inspect Merlin Beach again and found water similar in colour to Ovaltine flowing from another pipe which is located in the same area. I think the wastewater flows from this pipe,” he said. “I’ve not been able to find the source of the wastewater yet, so for now, I decided to block the pipe with concrete to stop the water from flowing onto the beach."

Soon we will know the source of the liquid.

There will be brown  ???? fountains squirting all over the place   :crazy:

8 minutes ago, monkeycu said:
16 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I decided to block the pipe with concrete to stop the water from flowing onto the beach."

Soon we will know the source of the liquid.

There will be brown  ???? fountains squirting all over the place   :crazy:

A great fault-finding device.

Similar to replacing a blown fuse with a six-inch nail. Switch on, and the area with the fault will either explode or catch fire.

49 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I'll be interested to see the outcome of this story.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

...and they were all chanting the old Dylan song:

No matter what gets in the way and which way the wind does blow
And as long as it does we'll just sit here
And watch the river flow...

Go take a look at the klong behind club med at Kata beach. It's got floating waste and stinks really bad. Tourists just walk by it, what must they think? 

I've never seen water so black. I'll never swim at Phuket beaches again. 

It's Songkran I can't be bothered with sewage now.    Like give time for the brown envelopes  to show up before he figures it out. 

Ovaltine?  Isn't this slander?  Or can I say it looks like pra____?

18 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Lucky Big Joke has gone. He'd probably have had a press conference by now, with some Africans he'd just arrested, blaming them for the situation.

You Obviously have no idea why he was sidelined, but here's a clue, ask any Thai aged between 18 and 28 and they will explain it to you. Just arrived here ??

On 4/14/2019 at 7:05 AM, bluesofa said:

Lucky Big Joke has gone. He'd probably have had a press conference by now, with some Africans he'd just arrested, blaming them for the situation.

There are also the road deaths during Songkran and the fires in the North, waiting to hear your brilliant Big Joke humor about them.

6 hours ago, arithai12 said:
On 4/14/2019 at 7:05 AM, bluesofa said:

There are also the road deaths during Songkran and the fires in the North, waiting to hear your brilliant Big Joke humor about them.

Thanks. Nothing came to mind, although I notice five members liked the African joke.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, hansgruber said:

Go take a look at the klong behind club med at Kata beach. It's got floating waste and stinks really bad. Tourists just walk by it, what must they think? 

I've never seen water so black. I'll never swim at Phuket beaches again. 

Was your observation recent or a while back?

The reason I ask is I know some people who have been using ozone aerators to clean this water and reportedly did reduce the smell.

The local authorities didn't cough up the funds to continue past the initial contract, but I believe they are looking at long term solutions to process the water.

Archived