Zip Wire fatality, Chiang Mai.

roo860

" Zipline operator Flight of the Gibbon said it would take full responsibility and compensate the victim’s family. "

Last time when the Israeli was seriously injured they said the same thing. The family was looking for around 2 million USD as I recall - including around US $400,000 actual medical expenses (I don't know what country he was treated in) and money for long-term care. I believe the final offer was for around 500,000 THB - hardly "compensation".

Clearly a fat bastard whether 125 ( more likely) or 180 (unlikely). Either way, as they have a supposed policy of 100 kilo max, they shouldnt have allowed him on, but then again, if he knows hes big fat and heavy, he shouldnt have been getting on anyway. 

As someone who is 6ft 3 inch, and weighing in at 88 kilos, I personally find it completely distasteful to see lazy fat people who have no self discipline to take care of themselves. I love "comfort food", the type which would make me fat if I didnt "work at it" and show some self restraint and self respect.

18 minutes ago, EL159 said:

As someone who is 6ft 3 inch, and weighing in at 88 kilos, I personally find it completely distasteful to see lazy fat people who have no self discipline to take care of themselves.

Okay, (and, godz bless your genes) ... but, let me ask you a favor: if you come to my wake, would you mind going outside to gloat ?

thanks in advance, ~o:37;

125 kg is still way too heavy. While the equipment harness theoretically should have dealt with the load, IMHO Thai maintenance frequently ignores the issue of deterioration with multiple use.

11 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Okay, (and, godz bless your genes) ... but, let me ask you a favor: if you come to my wake, would you mind going outside to gloat ?

thanks in advance, ~o:37;

If you take care of yourself a bit you dont need to worry about your wake! I drink beer and wine, eat cheese, love chocolate.....but do it with a degree of moderation! I also dont voluntarily eat salads, bloody rabbit food, so it can be done! 

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

125 kg is still way too heavy. While the equipment harness theoretically should have dealt with the load, IMHO Thai maintenance frequently ignores the issue of deterioration with multiple use.

My partner who is a Tour Guide takes groups there quite often tells me there is a weight limit of 100 kilos, but presumably the lure of the dollar overrides the rules !!!

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I can sum this whole thing up as eat more, zip line not at all.

5 minutes ago, EL159 said:

If you take care of yourself a bit you dont need to worry about your wake! I drink beer and wine, eat cheese, love chocolate.....but do it with a degree of moderation! I also dont voluntarily eat salads, bloody rabbit food, so it can be done! 

Salads can be quite enjoyable if done right. I make mine with lettuce, beetroot, sweet corn, roasted capsicum, roasted onion, kimchi, olives and feta cheese. My ears have not grown AFAIK. Although I do fart occasionally afterwards.

Archived