Brit accused of kicking Thai wife to death when she refused him sex found dead in prison

Jonathan Fairfield

Brit accused of kicking Thai wife to death when she refused him sex found dead in prison

By Phoebe Cooke

Screenshot 2562-04-14 at 21.09.57.png

A BRITISH man accused of kicking his Thai wife to death when she refused him sex was found with fatal injuries in prison, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

Kevin Smitham, 51, from Nottingham, was awaiting trial for the brutal murder of his Thai wife Kandra Smitham after her death on April 15 last year.

He was arrested and held in custody but discovered with fatal injuries near an outbuilding on the edge of Thailand's Ubon Ratchathani Central Prison in August last year. He died later in hospital.

The couple, who had two young children together, had been staying with Mrs Smitham's parents in Ubon Ratchathani, in the northeast of the country, for the Songkran New Year festival.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8860696/brit-accused-kichk-thai-wife-death/

-- The Sun 2019-04-14

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posts removed as per forum rule.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Strange it s only surfacing now a year later

Anyway seems according to other sources  he admitted killing but not intentionally so guess karma or someone caught up with him

2 minutes ago, dcnx said:

He was awaiting trial.

What if he was innocent?

"He said he attack her with his foot, kicked her to face and body several times.

"The wife ran away from home and fell in front of the house. He left his wife like that by covering the blanket to cover it. Then went to bed."

I know what most people believe, and it isn't his innocence. 

37 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

an old hat.

why is it coming up now?

lack of important stories?

Another one of those Zombie posts that keep getting resurrected when things

on the news front are slow.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

What are you talking about - this news surfaced TODAY - have you got a link revealing his death from earlier then ?

"British man who died in Thailand in August 2018",,this is what i was talking about 

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Strange it s only surfacing now a year later

Anyway seems according to other sources  he admitted killing but not intentionally so guess karma or someone caught up with him

I don't know how you can not intentionally kick someone to death.

As in, I kicked her until she stopped moving, but I never meant to kill her.

As to why things are only coming to light now.

I suspect you will see more falang criminal activities to be aired soon. 

I suspect falang are a bit on the noise in current politics

Can not say I feel sorry for him.

It is not sure if he fell, committed suicide or was pushed.

The incident occurred last August, but has only this week been publicly confirmed by the Foreign Office.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/man-accused-killing-wife-dies-16121287

obviously no one missed him...

No sympathy for a murderer.

As to why publishing the article now...its a common political move, worldwide, to draw attention away from current issues that may be hampering those in power. And in this case, perhaps confirming about nasty foreigners, to further push the political agenda.

1 hour ago, wisperone said:

No sympathy for a murderer.

As to why publishing the article now...its a common political move, worldwide, to draw attention away from current issues that may be hampering those in power. And in this case, perhaps confirming about nasty foreigners, to further push the political agenda.

Phoebe Cooke from the Sun has a political agenda in thailand.  ????

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

As I have stated many times, get your plan B ready as this junta hate foreigners. 

The diplomats turning up at Thanathon's indictment will exacerbate the situation and you can guarantee there will be repercussions.

Funny guy, the article surfaces in the sun and you blame the junta for hating foreigners. Seems some foreigners hate Thais so much the kick them to dead. Stupid violent alcoholic. (not you the guy who is dead)

Archived