Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

It is indeed, and by understanding how the laws of attraction work, you have whatever you want from life.

I am going to argue here that you have zero proof for your assertions, that you are assering as fact. Do you have proof?

29 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Ok, but if you believe something which is not in harmony with the laws of the universe, those law will break you eventually, or at least that's what i believe.

This is Karma correct? Is there any proof for your assertion? Why do you believe this?

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I am going to argue here that you have zero proof for your assertions, that you are assering as fact. Do you have proof?

Science is in the process of proving it. Search on youtube for the human conscious and the string theory and you will find some scientific proof. As in controlled experiments over years and years. Soon we will all know.

Edited by geronimo

10 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

What did you expect, a video with voice recording ? :whistling:

What a silly remark, but gotta always consider source. Maybe something actually written when a dude was supposedly walking on water...healing people...turning water into wine and turning into a zombie. How's that for starters. I'll spell it out for those that obviously need a picture drawn...this <deleted> never happened. Had it happened then it would have been written about at the time...instead it was fabricated and inserted decades and centuries later. 

Get it now? ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, geronimo said:

We all attract thing to us, those with a negative outlook attract negativity and those with a positive outlook attract positivity. Have you ever wondered why the guy who is always complaining has one problem after another?

Well, i believe in the transmigration of the souls from 1 body to another, so i would not judge a soul by a single life.

We all have to learn lessons the hard way, soon or later.

On a shallow level, i think you are right, positivity attracts positivity.

Yet, is positivity the ultimate, higher goal ?

I doubt that, possibly the ultimate goal is just to evolve into more perfect beings, and in that case, one life of misfortunes can be useful as a successful life.

• Like 2

Just now, mauGR1 said:

Well, i believe in the transmigration of the souls from 1 body to another, so i would not judge a soul by a single life.

We all have to learn lessons the hard way, soon or later.

On a shallow level, i think you are right, positivity attracts positivity.

Yet, is positivity the ultimate, higher goal ?

I doubt that, possibly the ultimate goal is just to evolve into more perfect beings, and in that case, one life of misfortunes can be useful as a successful life.

Positivity can give you what you want, and if you want happiness, material wealth will not give it to you. Happiness is a state of mind. Radiate kindness and compassion and you will begin to understand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have nothing against meditation , on it's ability to access metaphysical realms. 

It's not so much mind over matter , as much as the ability of the mind to affect changes to the body.

In my case ,as a result of an operation , there were nerve damage to the sympathetic ganglion (if i remember correctly the damage was at the L2 location), leaving me unable to perspire  above the chest, and causing excessive "comprehensive"  perspiration to Other lower parts of the body,

the only way to rectify the situation was an operation only done in Sweden at the time ,to reverse the damage,

I  developed   picture of the sympathetic ganglion in my mind, and while in deep meditation I picture the nerve endings growing and re-attaching themselves, With in a year the situation was reversed and I perspired normally. My doctor could not believe it , he had said that unless I had the reversal operation the damage was permanent.

Not sure if it would have happened on it's own , or if the reversal was a result of my meditation, But my doctor said that such reversals are very rare on their own and that he had never seen one.

many years ago I had seen a Hypnotisme exhibition  where a hypnotised person was made to believe that he was being burned in his arm with a cigaret, where in fact that person was being touched by a pencil, and he developed a burn welt. 

So belief can indeed induce  physical changes, but not via any paranormal influence but perhaps a placebo effect. or accessing bodily processes not accessible in a normal state of mind.      

Thank you for the interesting personal story. I don't doubt one second what you describe, but I wonder how the skeptics will try to explain that.

Forgive me, but I also find it a bit amusing. What you describe is exactly what is defined as mind-over-matter, and I think it would also qualify for the grand definition of "miracle". In my view, nothing is super-natural, since everything works according to the Divine Laws, everything happening within this system is completely natural. Spontaneous healings are common in spiritual literature just as other seemingly miraculous episodes (being in 2 places at the same time, materializing objects out of thin air, telepathy, remote viewing, precognition....etc).

Have you ever heard of Therese Neumann? She would get bloody stigmata every Friday. In her life she had more than 800 such episodes. Skeptics tried to uncover her as a fraud but not one succeeded. One even ended up writing her biography after being satisfactorily convinced that she was the real thing. Now, one can argue that similarly to you, her devotion changed matter to the point where her stigmata would bleed profusely every week, and not be divine intervention. But even in this case, I find it amazing and worth exploring further. 

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, WalkingOrders said:

This is Karma correct? Is there any proof for your assertion? Why do you believe this?

I could answer in many ways, and it could take long time !

But, for the moment, i can tell you that i believe in an intelligent design, whose thoughts are on a higher level compared to us humans.

I also believe in truth and justice, so "karma" is for me the only way to explain and accept the injustice we see everyday in the physical world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, geronimo said:

No Sir! I am not. I was brought up a catholic and renounced it at the age of 13.

Prosperity doctrine is something that generates from primarily US traveling preachers in the depression, and on into the age of televangelists. A pollution of "Ask and ye shall receive" comined with the concept of giving, that God will provide monetary reward in return in a magnified manner for those who have faith.

There is nothing new under the sun.

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I could answer in many ways, and it could take long time !

But, for the moment, i can tell you that i believe in an intelligent design, whose thoughts are on a higher level compared to us humans.

I also believe in truth and justice, so "karma" is for me the only way to explain and accept the injustice we see everyday in the physical world.

I appreciate your belief, but will you conceed, that just like anyone claiming existence of a diety you have no proof? That these are laws of the Universe?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Arabs at the time of the start of Islam believed that Jesus existed and that he was a prophet.

So what??? Islam didn't even arise until the 7th century, so this is even less credible than the previously cited non-evidence. ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skeptic7 said:

Seems the rational and intelligent skeptic that shared the story already gave a plausible woo-free explanation. 

So, basically mind over matter, the same as I've been talking about all along. 
Great to see you're finally coming to your senses. ???? :clap2:

• Confused 1

All religions are control systems first developed

by the Sumarians thousands of years BC, based

on fear and proverbs of good morals and wisdom,

of which some are included in the Bible.

Obeying the 10 commandments, and belief in

ones self is all we need.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

If mind over matter works, then start actually levitating or curing children in cancer wards and win a Nobel Prize. Oh...it only works on self??? 555 

Well, try Googling that very topic ......

• Confused 2

Just now, Skeptic7 said:

Human mind over matter...power (benefits) of positive thinking and attitude. Maybe...maybe not, but nothing mystical, spiritual or supernatural about. And where's the god belief come in? How does this relate to the OP? Even if your 100% correct, which you're not...how do you then get to insert god? No closer to proving any god, spirit or supernatural. Some now claim fasting and extreme fasting can cure all sorts of ailments. Maybe...maybe not. But if so, no closer to proving god or supernatural. Just that a natural process works or shows promise. 

If mind over matter works, then start actually levitating or curing children in cancer wards and win a Nobel Prize. Oh...it only works on self??? 555 Then no proof that it is the answer. Also there is no proof that @sirineou meditation was the solution. Possibly the mending process just took that amount of time, regardless.

Oh man, you're so easily triggered. 555

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I appreciate your belief, but will you conceed, that just like anyone claiming existence of a diety you have no proof? That these are laws of the Universe?

Well, i found Mozart's life interesting, not to support, but to consider the theory of reincarnation.

Mozart, at the age of 5 or 6, i heard, was able to understand and reproduce complex musical pieces.

That ability didn't come by study or from his parents, where did it come from ?

Of course, Mozart is just a shining example for discussing this theory, but there are many others

Despite the impossibility to provide solid proof, i've been convinced that the "Spirit" exists, and through the "Spirit's memory" one can take in the next life the spiritual lessons one's been taking for many previous lives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

The laws of attraction are in perfect harmony with the universe ....

Absolutely agree !!

In the theories i'm studying at the moment, there are clear descriptions of spiritual realms.

In short, the higher the state of consciousness, the "sympathy" tends to take all the space, while the "antipathy" gradually becomes "sympathy".

I believe this physical world is a sort of mirror of countless other worlds, or states of consciousness.

If so, how can one deny the existence of supernatural beings and some kind of intelligent design ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

I believe this physical world is a sort of mirror of countless other worlds, or states of consciousness.

If so, how can one deny the existence of supernatural beings and some kind of intelligent design ?

We could be in a simulation ......

Are we living in a simulation?

Might sound weird to you, perhaps like the Matrix, yet if we were to take a walk along the path of logic and probability, we might find that it is even ‘probable’ that we are living in a simulation.

This requires a series of assumptions ……

First, one must agree that we are not alone; based on the information we have, there are billions of galaxies, each with billions of stars, each of which have a number of planets orbiting them, one must expect that there is life out there.

This life would be all over the universe, and there would certainly be lifeforms that were less advanced than we are, which means there must also be lifeforms more advanced than us. The age of our galaxy is less than half the age of the universe, so we could assume that there might be lifeforms from planets that are one million years older than us.

We use advanced simulations even now, but imagine what kind of simulation a very advanced lifeform could create? Look at what we have done in only 200 years?

According to some mathematicians, it is probable that we are living in a huge simulation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

No Sir! I am not. I was brought up a catholic and renounced it at the age of 13.

Same as i !

Then i went to India, had a vibrant impression of Hinduism, and started to see Christianity and religions with "new eyes".

As discussed countless times, is not the religious theories that are bad, but the use powerful people can make of religion has been proven to be catastrophic.

6 minutes ago, geronimo said:

According to some mathematicians, it is probable that we are living in a huge simulation.

Yes, the words you are using, mathematicians, probable, simulation, are modern words and concepts, and do the job in creating a picture.

Yet the same concepts are expressed with different words, in the texts of ancient India.

• Like 1