Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

This is not an actual photograph.  It is just an artists depiction of Adam and Eve.  Think about it........Take as much time as you need 🙂

Certainly if God could create people he could also choose their features. The first two were handmade, the next ones came from the factory.

Edited by canuckamuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Simplest explanation is that God is unknowable for humans, given we are barely out of the cave in evolutionary terms and know nothing much.

If a being can create life the universe and everything, he/ she / it has to be greater than anything our feeble brains can comprehend.

The greatest fallacy IMO, is that men even think they can "know" God.

Do you mean know as in fully comprehend, or know as in be acquainted with, or even just know of?

Edited by canuckamuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Think about it- humans- existed for about 50,000 years ( and only had practical science since the industrial revolution; this universe- existed about 14 BILLION years, and who knows how many previous universes?

We know nothing, Jon Snow!

Yes, but we know that in the early universe there was mostly hydrogen and helium so no life could exist. The first two generation of stars were needed to forge heavier elements. Then those heavier elements needed to form new stars and planets. Then life had to evolve on those planets to a stage of some intelligence, which took around 3.5 billion years on Earth. 

We live in a time where life can evolve and for all we know, we could be the most intelligent life in the whole universe and all other life forms on countless other planets are behind us in evolutionary terms. 

Edited by Elad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sirineou said:

I understand that we might use inadequate information to try to understand your God, What kind of information did you apply to arrive to the conclusion that your God created all these?  Did you look at the sunset and determine that your God created this and not an other god. ?

There is only one, but he/ she/ it comes in many forms.

We humans are not much at all on a cosmic scale- just specks of insignificant dust in a vast cosmic stage. Our vanity is that we think we can know anything about the creator, or worse, that we know the creator does not exist. We know, on a cosmic scale, as much as a flea knows about nuclear physics.

 

Anyone that looks at a glorious sunset and feels nothing in their soul has lost something precious- hope for something better after death.

To not believe in a creator is to believe that we are nothing but a cosmic mistake, and count for nothing at all. To believe that all that we are, our lives, our hopes, our dreams is nothing at all is very sad. Why bother doing anything at all if it amounts to zero?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Do you mean know as in fully comprehend, or know as in be acquainted with, or even just know of?

"God" can only be known in one's soul IMO, and if one denies "God", does one even have a soul?

Humans comprehend "God"? Not in a million billion years of evolution, IMO.

Till we die and return to whatever is on the other side, all we have is faith and feeling, but nothing that can be proven or even described except as a personal feeling.

 

I still think that many naysayers believe that "God" has to be something that humans can see, which is a nonsense. Why would a being that can create life the universe and everything be confined to something we can understand?

The Bible says man was created in the image of God, but perhaps God appeared as a man to early humans, as they would not have understood a cloud of electrically charged particles that talked was God and might have run away.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Elad said:

Yes, but we know that in the early universe there was mostly hydrogen and helium so no life could exist. The first two generation of stars were needed to forge heavier elements. Then those heavier elements needed to form new stars and planets. Then life had to evolve on those planets to a stage of some intelligence, which took around 3.5 billion years on Earth. 

We live in a time where life can evolve and for all we know, we could be the most intelligent life in the whole universe and all other life forms on countless other planets are behind us in evolutionary terms. 

Have you ever seen a starry sky away from any artificial light? Many never have.

However, if you have, and seen all the billions of stars in just our galaxy, and then think of billions of other galaxies, going on for infinity, and how many planets there must be in all that infinity, can you really, sincerely believe that we are the only intelligent life in all the universe?

Simplest explanation is that everything started at the same time at the big bang, so all the life throughout the universe must be at roughly the same level of intelligence as we are. We can't space travel to other solar systems, so why would they be able to travel to ours?

OR, they can and are too intelligent to make themselves known to a bloodthirsty species that likes to kill everything, including it's own planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Your vanity is that you think you know anything about the creator and that he exists, we are atheists we know nothing of the short. 

55555555555555555555555555

 

I just posted that we, and that includes me, know NOTHING about "God". How is that so hard to understand??????????????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

55555555555555555555555555

 

I just posted that we, and that includes me, know NOTHING about "God". How is that so hard to understand??????????????????????

55555555555555555555555555

You sure seem to have a lot of opinions for someone who claims to know "NOTHING"  about.

How is that so hard to understand??????????????????????

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

55555555555555555555555555

You sure seem to have a lot of opinions for someone who claims to know "NOTHING"  about.

How is that so hard to understand??????????????????????

You are obviously trolling. On ignore.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

 

 

You are obviously trolling. On ignore.

ignorance is bliss 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are obviously trolling. On ignore.

Of course not only applicable for this topic,

 

but the easiest way to only read posts which are in harmony with ones own opinion, is to put on ignore every poster who may not agree with you. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is only one, but he/ she/ it comes in many forms.

We humans are not much at all on a cosmic scale- just specks of insignificant dust in a vast cosmic stage. Our vanity is that we think we can know anything about the creator, or worse, that we know the creator does not exist. We know, on a cosmic scale, as much as a flea knows about nuclear physics.

 

Anyone that looks at a glorious sunset and feels nothing in their soul has lost something precious- hope for something better after death.

To not believe in a creator is to believe that we are nothing but a cosmic mistake, and count for nothing at all. To believe that all that we are, our lives, our hopes, our dreams is nothing at all is very sad. Why bother doing anything at all if it amounts to zero?

All it takes, is to believe in mother earth, and warship her, respect her, and treat her as a mother, not abuse her and use her as a garbage can as we do today. That would give hell of alot more meaning than warshipping a book

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you ever seen a starry sky away from any artificial light? Many never have.

However, if you have, and seen all the billions of stars in just our galaxy, and then think of billions of other galaxies, going on for infinity, and how many planets there must be in all that infinity, can you really, sincerely believe that we are the only intelligent life in all the universe?

Simplest explanation is that everything started at the same time at the big bang, so all the life throughout the universe must be at roughly the same level of intelligence as we are. We can't space travel to other solar systems, so why would they be able to travel to ours?

OR, they can and are too intelligent to make themselves known to a bloodthirsty species that likes to kill everything, including it's own planet.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge” Psalm 19

 

Edited by canuckamuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...