Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Even the most eminent scientists recognize the role of religion in creating a fairly homogeneous society, yet no one can deny that horrible crimes and abuses have been committed in the name of some god or religion, or ideologies like communism and fascism.

Perhaps even capitalism can be considered an ideology.

I think we should take the positive sides of ideologies, and never become fanatics.

A question for you, how can you imagine humankind without ideals and ideologies ?

Perhaps we would be just another species of mammals, fighting other species for food and territory.

PS

Congratulations, apparently this thread have broken some record.

(And thanks to the mods for tolerating a few off topic posts)

What amazes me, is how many non-believers there are who actually don't believe in God, the Bible, and the fact Jesus Christ died for our sins.  I personally, would not want to be a non-believer on Judgement Day.  If for no other reason, the fact the Bible contains almost 30 percent Prophecy, would be reason to believe the Bible is God's word.

When we read about world events, it becomes crystal clear we are living in the "End Times" as written in the final book of the Bible, the book of Revelation.  

Mathew 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

God is just a theory. An unproven one.

The fact is that having high ideals is supposed to make your, and other people's lives better. Unfortunately it doesn't always works perfectly.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiztobX-MrnAhWXwTgGHelpB20QFjAHegQIDhAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eniscuola.net%2Fen%2F2016%2F06%2F27%2Fthe-numbers-of-nature-the-fibonacci-sequence%2F&usg=AOvVaw3YutULvD-ozBb-9_F2erk4

In my opinion, the "Fibonacci numbers, or the F. sequence" are sure evidence of an intelligent design.

To think otherwise is akin to think that humans are the highest intelligence among billions of stars and planets.

Just think how many chances ..

image.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

What amazes me, is how many non-believers there are who actually don't believe in God, the Bible, and the fact Jesus Christ died for our sins.  I personally, would not want to be a non-believer on Judgement Day.  If for no other reason, the fact the Bible contains almost 30 percent Prophecy, would be reason to believe the Bible is God's word.

When we read about world events, it becomes crystal clear we are living in the "End Times" as written in the final book of the Bible, the book of Revelation.  

Mathew 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

With all the respect, can i tell you that your interpretations of the holy Bible is slightly different from mine ?

In regard of interpreting the "word of God", we should use discernment, and not take it too literally imho.

In regard of the "End Times" approaching, though, i agree .

Other holy books describe an era of destruction. It happened before , it will happen again.

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

With all the respect, can i tell you that your interpretations of the holy Bible is slightly different from mine ?

In regard of interpreting the "word of God", we should use discernment, and not take it too literally imho.

Other holy books describe an era of destruction. It happened before , it will happen again.

End times will come, no doubt about it. 

Just a theory? That is quite ignorant to state, isnt ? 

It is hope, life, society, business, happiness, sorrow, sadness, guilt, chemicals, dope, healing, instutution where you can get help, and so much more if you just want to believe, and thrust,,,,,,

29 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

What amazes me, is how many non-believers there are who actually don't believe in God, the Bible, and the fact Jesus Christ died for our sins.

FYI...you're the minority here on TV, tho not globally of course. I've started 2 TV Polls over the last few years and Atheists were approx 70 % to Believers 30% in both. Seems reason prevails at least here over ancient dogma and superstition. ????

41 minutes ago, Tagged said:

End times will come, no doubt about it. 

Just a theory? That is quite ignorant to state, isnt ? 

It is hope, life, society, business, happiness, sorrow, sadness, guilt, chemicals, dope, healing, instutution where you can get help, and so much more if you just want to believe, and thrust,,,,,,

Sorry, but your post sounds confused and confusing to me.

Surely it makes sense to you though.

13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

God loves all of you even though you are in rebellion. Up to you.

So you are saying that God loves all other people who worship other Gods  as well ,do their Gods love people who do not worship them ,but worship your God? and your all certain that yours is the right and only God.

19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Sorry, but your post sounds confused and confusing to me.

Surely it makes sense to you though.

Well, it was also an answer to Udon, who stated religion was just an theory ???? 

and you still point out silly statements as useal ????, if you do not understand, there is other ways to tell people they confusing you. Have a good day Sir

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Well, it was also an answer to Udon, who stated religion was just an theory ???? 

and you still point out silly statements as useal ????, if you do not understand, there is other ways to tell people they confusing you. Have a good day Sir

Perhaps instead of being so touchy you could improve your English skills and try to explain what you mean.

Have a good day Sir.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/8/2020 at 4:01 PM, VincentRJ said:

Money always comes from the government. It's printed. The government can print as much money as it wants.

However, the value of the money depends on the goods and services that the money represents. If there are no goods or services to buy, the money is worthless. 

If a society employs efficient, sophisticated and advanced robots that can do most work far more efficiently than humans, at a much lower cost, then the goods and services are available for distribution to all the citizens. Money is an efficient method of distribution of goods and services.

If one thinks the rich are going to give up their self entitled position in society so the masses can become equal with them, I'm sure there are a few bridges around one can buy cheap.

Call me cynical but I don't think the masses are going to get an even break, no matter how many robots there are.

Even the Christ said "the poor are always with us".

Anyway, even if the masses are given lots of money to do whatever they like, it'll just be more of the same. People on "social media" and getting even fatter.

The movie WAL E had it down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

All living organisms reach an end when they destroy the environment that supports them. Mankind is well on the way to destroying the oceans and the land. The destruction of the Brazilian rainforest is increasing, according to Al Jazira, and hardly an international governmental voice raised in concern. Air travel is being encouraged by governments, and no commercial planes use electricity to fly so far. Doesn't look good for the atmosphere either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All living organisms reach an end when they destroy the environment that supports them. Mankind is well on the way to destroying the oceans and the land. The destruction of the Brazilian rainforest is increasing, according to Al Jazira, and hardly an international governmental voice raised in concern. Air travel is being encouraged by governments, and no commercial planes use electricity to fly so far. Doesn't look good for the atmosphere either.

Agree, perhaps we are wired that way, after some huge catastrophe, be it natural or self inflicted, the cycle will start again on the planet, but with a much reduced population.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Agree, perhaps we are wired that way, after some huge catastrophe, be it natural or self inflicted, the cycle will start again on the planet, but with a much reduced population.

Indeed, the cycle will start again, but there is no guarantee humans will be the dominant species. IMO, if there was a huge catastrophe and mobile phones didn't work, many would simply not be able to survive. If the transportation of food and water into cities ceased, how long could city dwellers survive?

The only humans that have made preparation for end times into part of their religion are the Mormons. Imagine a world where the only humans that survive are the Mormons! Their belief in God may save them while all others starve to death.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only humans that have made preparation for end times into part of their religion are the Mormons. Imagine a world where the only humans that survive are the Mormons! Their belief in God may save them while all others starve to death.

I believe that random people here and there may survive for different reasons.

When the world was flooded by huge tsunamis, a few thousand years ago, apart from the usual suspects ( Noah and family ), a few shepherds, living at high altitudes, may have survived.

I was doing some search, a few days ago, even Ireland and Wales, among many others, have their tales of flood survivors.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I believe that random people here and there may survive for different reasons.

When the world was flooded by huge tsunamis, a few thousand years ago, apart from the usual suspects ( Noah and family ), a few shepherds, living at high altitudes, may have survived.

I was doing some search, a few days ago, even Ireland and Wales, among many others, have their tales of flood survivors.

In human's rush to technology, the old ways are being forgotten, and animals like draft horses are dying out.

If modern society collapses, most will die simply because they can't grow food.

Those that do survive will be primitive peoples that have preserved the old ways.

A modern shepherd is more likely to ride a m'bike than a horse, and go home every night to a commercially grown dinner cooked by electricity.

I've been watching "The Walking Dead". I can see a few survivors living like that, but it won't be a great life at all.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I've been watching "The Walking Dead". I can see a few survivors living like that, but it won't be a great life at all.

Yes, used as we are to the modern world's comforts, most of us would find very hard to survive.

Personally, i don't really care, as i believe that we mainly exist as spiritual beings, and we will eventually get "bodies" to live in, one way or another.

11 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, used as we are to the modern world's comforts, most of us would find very hard to survive.

Personally, i don't really care, as i believe that we mainly exist as spiritual beings, and we will eventually get "bodies" to live in, one way or another.

I said as much many pages ago.

• Like 1