Maybe you are right,

I am convinced you think you are. 

So far I am only convinced of :

"after you take your last breath,

it is done". 

But maybe I am wrong, at 71, I will soon (or later) find out, 

and will know about your god, or another "something", 

or than maybe not. 

Anyway, I will not change anything in my life in whatever perspective. 

I am not afraid of death,

I had/have basically a good life, I tried/try to do good and not intentionally bad,

but primordially respect every opinion. 

I hope for you, you feel and do the same;

However I doubt you respect another opinion than yours. 

We are all different. 

It may be a better idea to read the Bible and educate yourself, instead of being concerned with what I say or think.  This topic is far too serious than many of these posters seem to think.  Anyway, good luck to you, and I truly hope you make the right decision before you take your last breath.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

It may be a better idea to read the Bible

When I was very young I read the classic fairy tales, I remember I was impressed by many of them, even now remember most of them.

Much later I started to read the Bible and the Koran, but

was not captivated, had an insipid feeling.

So I gave up. 

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

I truly hope you make the right decision before you take your last breath.

Nobody knows what the real right decision is, we all act differently, but all hope it is the correct way we handle.

Of course there are some who believe that their way is the only true/right one.

Well at least I tried to read the Bible and the Koran.

Now I am reading, sporadically,  Buddha and the Dalai Lama quotes, 

interesting and enjoyable,

in my opinion.

Just thinking at my quote :

Of course there are some who believe that their way is the only true/right one.

Who knows those will maybe eternally punished, after death, by a  " something " for being so bigot/zealot.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:07 PM, VincentRJ said:

I have no objection to the idea or concept that there is some all-powerful being or entity that created the world and all its forms of life. What I object to is the expression of certainty that such an entity exists, and the completely unscientific, inhumane and unsympathetic manner of maintaining such certainty by torturing and killing those who disagree.

Those people are not actually religious. They are just monsters that want to control others and get wealthy by exploiting the religious.

No real Christian would kill anyone else, except in war or self defence, and certainly not indulge in cruelty.

The Christ said that the poor are always with us, but I wonder if he mentioned the monsters in human form and it got edited out from the Bible by the monsters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Bible prophecy

Fulfilled prophecy shows that there is a God and He is the author of the Bible. There were so many prophecies of Jesus that were written hundreds of years before His time like Psalm 22; Isaiah 53:10; Isaiah 7:14; Zechariah 12:10; and more. There is no way that anyone can deny these passages that were written way before Jesus’ time. Also, there are prophecies that are being fulfilled before our eyes.

Micah 5:2 “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”

Psalm 22:16-18 “Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.”

2 Peter 3:3-4 “Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

Although i am quite skeptical of the Bible being a reliable source of knowledge, i am sure that there is a lot of truth there, mixed with a few inaccuracies.

When i was a teen, having lost any faith and belief in the Catholic church, i went to India.

Talking with an Indian holy man, i discovered that Jesus is not only well known and respected there, but he's regarded as an "avatar" (manifestation) of Vishnu, which is part of the Hindu trinity.

So, sorry not to be a real Christian, nonetheless i have respect for your faith, and for your knowledge of the Bible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Those people are not actually religious. They are just monsters that want to control others and get wealthy by exploiting the religious.

No real Christian would kill anyone else, except in war or self defence, and certainly not indulge in cruelty.

The Christ said that the poor are always with us, but I wonder if he mentioned the monsters in human form and it got edited out from the Bible by the monsters.

What about an unjustified war as started by GW Bush,is it OK to kill people then? BTW, the ten commandments say "Thou shall not kill" it doesn't mention any exceptions.

Edited by giddyup

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What about an unjustified war

What about, if God is supporting the invaders, as claimed by the Germans in World War II ?

image.jpeg.0f1faecb99f8103ea222726a24b5d067.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

What about, if God is supporting the invaders, as claimed by the Germans in World War II ?

image.jpeg.0f1faecb99f8103ea222726a24b5d067.jpeg

I would suggest every army since time began believed it had one god or another on it's side.

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I would suggest every army since time began believed it had one god or another on it's side.

Maybe they had,

the god of the winners being more powerful than the god of the defeated. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Exactly.

One could go on a killing rampage, and claim to have acted in the name of the spaghetti monster.

Would you believe him ?

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe they had,

the god of the winners being more powerful than the god of the defeated. 

What if it's the same god? The Germans and the British both worshipped a Christian god, WW1 and 2.

• Like 1

The point is that Christians, following the Bible, should not be inclined to kill. However there are exceptions when killing might seem dutiful. Everyone has choices to make from the evidence available.

Edited by canuckamuck

Just now, canuckamuck said:

The point is that Christians, following the Bible, should not be inclined to kill. However there are exceptions when killing might seem dutiful. Everyone has choices to make from the evidence available.

Problem is, people get brainwashed with nationalism, and conscientious objectors often get a rough deal, like the Vietnam war, but then those that served got a rough deal when they returned. Go figure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What if it's the same god? The Germans and the British both worshipped a Christian god, WW1 and 2.

Yes but because the other side was wrong,god was on the side of the one who thought that was right.

Unfortunately they were both wrong and god was and is on the side of the Americans. LOL

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

God moves in mysterious ways.

• Haha 2