Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 minute ago, talahtnut said:

Going inside for some grub tonight, I caught

a film, about 3 med students in a hospital

experimenting on themselves in turn with

flatlining, each for 2 or 3 mins. Each described

an existance free of the body, able to move

and see things, altogether a pleasant experience.

The film seems firmly based on many peoples

genuine accounts of near death observations,

recorded by scientists.

I reckon you lot ought to atone for your sins now

before you kick the bucket..me too.

Its gettin real.

Yes!! I get all my information from the movies also. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Going inside for some grub tonight, I caught

a film, about 3 med students in a hospital

experimenting on themselves in turn with

flatlining, each for 2 or 3 mins. Each described

an existance free of the body, able to move

and see things, altogether a pleasant experience.

The film seems firmly based on many peoples

genuine accounts of near death observations,

recorded by scientists.

I reckon you lot ought to atone for your sins now

before you kick the bucket..me too.

Its gettin real.

That movie is named Flatliners.  A nice movie.  But, a movie.  A work of fiction.  I wouldn't base an afterlife existence on it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I think we all understand that, including talahtnut. I'm not sure about the scientific evidence, but there certainly is a large base of anecdotal evidence for it, and many of those recorded stories are not easy to explain away with simple pseudo-scientific downsplaining. If even only 1 out of every 10 'out-of-body' or 'near death' experience defies any possible explanation, then perhaps one should keep an open mind as to what is possible and what not.

Yep, where there is smoke there is fire ????

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, jimmybcool said:

That movie is named Flatliners.  A nice movie.  But, a movie.  A work of fiction.  I wouldn't base an afterlife existence on it.

I must admit i had heart surgery and they stopped my heart ,so i suppose i was dead ,never ever saw a light or anything , when your dead thats it ,Jesus aint waiting to greet you ,mind you he would be very busy if he had to greet all those believers.

• Like 2

I like the words of Jesus, I also like much of Buddha teaching, some part of the basic Islam is ok etc..

If we mixed all the religions to 1, then the world would be a much more peacefull place to live.

But the main problem with all the religions is the staff. The original main words is fine and ok, but when different religious humans is beginning to interpret the basic ideas then everything goes wrong. Now of days most religions is spoiled by their staff.

Another question is, is many of the religions maybe just constructed to control a population in the old days, if you see many of the religious rules they all take care of a little controling upperclass.

A god like the holy bible, coran etc I do not believe.

Something powerfull in the space, our souls will be reborned, maybe, but not a god only for some of the people on the earth.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I must admit i had heart surgery and they stopped my heart ,so i suppose i was dead ,never ever saw a light or anything , when your dead thats it ,Jesus aint waiting to greet you ,mind you he would be very busy if he had to greet all those believers.

I'm not sure why people think that the flashes of thought that pass through someones brain when it is slowly being starved of oxygen as the heart is stopped are valid proof of life after death.  And like you many do not experience anything when their heart stops.  We won't know until we die - for good.

3 hours ago, finnsk said:

I like the words of Jesus, I also like much of Buddha teaching, some part of the basic Islam is ok etc..

If we mixed all the religions to 1, then the world would be a much more peacefull place to live.

But the main problem with all the religions is the staff. The original main words is fine and ok, but when different religious humans is beginning to interpret the basic ideas then everything goes wrong. Now of days most religions is spoiled by their staff.

Another question is, is many of the religions maybe just constructed to control a population in the old days, if you see many of the religious rules they all take care of a little controling upperclass.

A god like the holy bible, coran etc I do not believe.

Something powerfull in the space, our souls will be reborned, maybe, but not a god only for some of the people on the earth.

I know i have not read all of the koran ,TORA or the bible ,but The jewish faith came first ,and Christianity when it started incorporated some of it ,then hundreds of years later Islam came and lets face it it incorporated so much of the Christian and Jewish faiths , its just a shame it has morphed into what it is today ,on the whole ,In Fact a bit like Christianity was in the middle ages.

The Rapture is an end times event where Jesus Christ returns for His Church.  According to the Bible, the event will be instantaneous, in the “twinkling of an eye.”  While Scripture nowhere encourages us to try to determine the date of Jesus’ return, we are told to keep watch because we don’t know what day our Lord will come (Matthew 24:42).  We are in the end times right now.   

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, CMNightRider said:

The Rapture is an end times event where Jesus Christ returns for His Church.  According to the Bible, the event will be instantaneous, in the “twinkling of an eye.”  While Scripture nowhere encourages us to try to determine the date of Jesus’ return, we are told to keep watch because we don’t know what day our Lord will come (Matthew 24:42).  We are in the end times right now.   

Meanwhile the Jewish faith are still waiting for their version of Jesus ,or Mohamed to turn up perhaps this was the time he was waiting for?.

Edited by ivor bigun

On 4/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, CMNightRider said:

As Christians have been claiming for centuries. Why? Because there are always plagues, drought, floods, locusts, etc., and that's how they maintain control.

5 hours ago, frantick said:

As Christians have been claiming for centuries. Why? Because there are always plagues, drought, floods, locusts, etc., and that's how they maintain control.

Pls be careful when talking about Christians, as you may find that the ones you are referring to as Christians, are no Christians at all.

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Pls be careful when talking about Christians, as you may find that the ones you are referring to as Christians, are no Christians at all.

Why be careful? Many "Christians" contend that other "Christians" are no Christians at all. That is why there are (at least) 200 denominations of the Christian superstition. Some even claim thousands of denominations. Obviously even the Christians have no idea. 

6 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Why be careful? Many "Christians" contend that other "Christians" are no Christians at all. That is why there are (at least) 200 denominations of the Christian superstition. Some even claim thousands of denominations. Obviously even the Christians have no idea. 

Yes, exactly my point.

I am a Christian, and the Pope is a Christian, and Trump is a Christian, yet i would be quite perplexed if one said that i am similar to those 2.

12 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, exactly my point.

I am a Christian, and the Pope is a Christian, and Trump is a Christian, yet i would be quite perplexed if one said that i am similar to those 2.

Same goes for a muslim, buddhist, hindu, etc.

It's just a label, an individual's stance in life determines what he is.

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Same goes for a muslim, buddhist, hindu, etc.

It's just a label, an individual's stance in life determines what he is.

Yes, a label is just a label, it can be innocuous, and it can be very dangerous.

Here are some signs leading up to the end times:

1. People will be lovers of self and money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, no self control, brutal, hating good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of Godliness, but denying its power, and swayed by all kinds of evil desires.   (2 Timothy 3:1–9)
  2. Travel and Knowledge will increase (Daniel 12:4)
  3. Knowing this first, that there shall come IN THE LAST DAYS scoffers,
  4. walking after their own lusts, And saying, WHERE IS
    THE PROMISE OF HIS COMING? (2 Pet 3:3-4)
  5. Return of Jewish Nation (Jeremiah 23:7-8)
  6. Creation of strong Kingdoms (nations), which will then disperse into one large and all-powerful Kingdom with an evil leader (a one world government). (Daniel 7)
  7. Rise of the Antichrist, which will head the government system (Daniel 7, Revelation). There will be many signs when this comes as well as I will discuss in future posts.
  8. Return of Christ, tribulation, and rapture will also take place at some point.
  9. Then further incredible signs and wonders will take place until the destruction of the world, the great judgment, and the new Heaven and new Earth is revealed.

Edited by CMNightRider
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

1. People will be lovers of self and money

7 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Then further incredible signs and wonders will take place until the destruction of the world, the great judgment, and the new Heaven and new Earth is revealed.

Unfortunately i agree with you here, and it doesn't really need the Bible to see what's going on.

Unless some big comet hit the planet soon, the mankind will destroy itself without help from nature.

I think it's a cycle, happened before, it will happen again.

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

1. People will be lovers of self and money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, no self control, brutal, hating good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of Godliness, but denying its power, and swayed by all kinds of evil desires.   (2 Timothy 3:1–9)

C'mon now, CMNightRider. This is not a prediction of the future but a description of the normal state of affairs in all (or at least most) civilizations during the time the Old Testament scriptures were written, and also prior to the Old Testament.

Greed, hatred, envy, and lust for pleasures and power over others, have always been a driving force in both ancient civilizations and modern civilizations. Gautama Buddha understood this perfectly, 500 years before Jesus Christ appeared on the scene.

Wars, conflicts, famines, plagues and diseases, have always afflicted the human species, as they have afflicted  other animals. It used to be thought that humans were the only species that fought in wars, until Jane Goodall observed a tribe of Chimpanzees killing off another tribe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

"The Gombe Chimpanzee War was a violent conflict between two communities of chimpanzees in Gombe Stream National Park in Tanzania lasting from 1974 to 1978."

• Like 2

I think it was Mahatma Gandhi who said, “In reality, there are as many religions as there are individuals.”

This makes sense to me. A fundamental characteristic of all humans ( and all animals and even some viruses) is that they are all slightly different, at both the fundamental level of genetic make-up, and as a result of the influence of their experiences during their lifespan.

When the genetic make-up varies significantly, over a significant period of time, the animal or whatever creature, becomes a different species.

All Christians, and all members of all religions, are genetically different to some degree and all have different individual experiences which influence their opinions, emotions and interpretations of all perceptions.

All the major religions have a small number of different sects which express different interpretations of the earliest texts or memories of the founder. But the reality is, within each of these different sects there are different interpretations at the individual level. However, for the sake of harmony and social cohesion such differences at the individual level are usually not made into a serious issue resulting in yet another sect, but such differences do exist.

2 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

I think it was Mahatma Gandhi who said, “In reality, there are as many religions as there are individuals.”

Actually i said that many months ago, i am glad that Mahatma agrees with me ????

1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

C'mon now, CMNightRider. This is not a prediction of the future but a description of the normal state of affairs in all (or at least most) civilizations during the time the Old Testament scriptures were written, and also prior to the Old Testament.

Greed, hatred, envy, and lust for pleasures and power over others, have always been a driving force in both ancient civilizations and modern civilizations. Gautama Buddha understood this perfectly, 500 years before Jesus Christ appeared on the scene.

Wars, conflicts, famines, plagues and diseases, have always afflicted the human species, as they have afflicted  other animals. It used to be thought that humans were the only species that fought in wars, until Jane Goodall observed a tribe of Chimpanzees killing off another tribe.

"The Gombe Chimpanzee War was a violent conflict between two communities of chimpanzees in Gombe Stream National Park in Tanzania lasting from 1974 to 1978."

1. 1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

Apparently you missed this part;

1. Travel and Knowledge will increase (Daniel 12:4) 
  2. Return of Jewish Nation (Jeremiah 23:7-8)

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:
  1. Apparently you missed this part;

And apparently you missed this part;

6. Creation of strong Kingdoms (nations), which will then disperse into one large and all-powerful Kingdom with an evil leader (a one world government). (Daniel 7)

With the current world situation there's no way we're going to become one kingdom (global government?). Well unless the Dems win the next election.

Or am I to take this to mean everyone will disperse from their Nations to become the all powerful Canada?

On 4/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, CMNightRider said:
  1. Apparently you missed this part;

I fear it will not be the Jewish nation that will return ,but another more recent one will become all powerful ,that is if mankind survives ,but i fear we will eventually destroy ourselves .

11 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

I fear it will not be the Jewish nation that will return ,but another more recent one will become all powerful ,that is if mankind survives ,but i fear we will eventually destroy ourselves .

The return of the Jewish nation is just a sign, not the entity that will end life as we know it.

BTW, the Jewish nation returned in 1948.

Everything ends, sooner or later.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, Sunmaster said:

Travel and Knowledge increased many times throughout history...just sayin...

You must have slept during your history classes.  Up until the late 1800's and early 1900's, people either traveled on sailing ships, horses, or walked.  Computers were invented in our lifetime.  

You guys who keep trying to deny God's word as written in the Bible are beating a dead horse.  Have you ever read about the Rapture and the Tribulation in the Bible?  We will probably live to see and experience both.  It only takes about 72 hours to read the Bible.  The mind is a terrible thing to waste.....just saying.   

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
15 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

The return of the Jewish nation is just a sign, not the entity that will end life as we know it.

BTW, the Jewish nation returned in 1948.

Everything ends, sooner or later.

Right, and America is arguably the "all powerful" in a way, and the "one world government" seems to get closer. But in a way, there is already a world government at work, in the offices of the world banks and institutions.

As i posted a few times, doom and gloom predictions are strikingly similar on Hindu ancient books.

We can say that everything has an end, from a physical and perhaps cultural point of view, but from a spiritual point of view it can be said that "Everything" doesn't have an end, it's eternal. (imho)

Even in the case of the complete disappearance of the human race, the spirit would surely exist.

• Thanks 1