BANGKOK

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

So, according to the Cambridge Dictionary, growing up has nothing to do with the belief in supernatural.

So in your misuse of the dictionary, every definition must include every possible example to be valid? 

Parents tell children it's time to grow up and stop believing in Santa or not to be afraid of the dark or to get thru the day without their "blankly". The definition does not need to include these examples for the advice to be sound and the word accurately used. 

So it's time to grow up and stop believing in nonsense...and learn how to use a dictionary. :vampire:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

555 this joke never gets old...to either of us! :cheesy:

I really don't view this topic as a joke and neither should you or anyone else.  When we finish our lives on earth, we will all stand before God and be judged for our sins.  There will be nothing funny about that day.  For some it will be the happiest day of their life and others the saddest day, and the start of a never ending nightmare and eternity of regret. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I really don't view this topic as a joke and neither should you or anyone else.  When we finish our lives on earth, we will all stand before God and be judged for our sins.  There will be nothing funny about that day.  For some it will be the happiest day of their life and others the saddest day, and the start of a never ending nightmare and eternity of regret. 

Why didn't the dear Lord make us all equal and good? What pleasure HE gains by judging us on our human weaknesses that HE himself embedded in us, as the creator?

For example, a manufacturer of an automobile makes it as perfect as possible. He gives a warranty to the customer, if he had done a mistake...

• Like 2

On 11/22/2019 at 5:33 PM, CMNightRider said:

According to Billy Graham, "then we would have been like puppets, unable to choose between right and wrong.  Our love for God wouldn’t have been genuine either, because we couldn’t have freely chosen to love God.  Love is real only when we can choose it.

The Bible says that God planned our salvation even “before the creation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4).  And the good news is that we don’t need to fear God’s judgment any longer, because Jesus Christ opened Heaven’s door to us by His death on the cross."  

Here's even better news...I've never feared any god's judgment! Not before...not now...not ever. And it didn't require any barbaric torture and blood sacrifice to get there. :thumbsup:

(Snip)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

According to Billy Graham, "then we would have been like puppets, unable to choose between right and wrong.  Our love for God wouldn’t have been genuine either, because we couldn’t have freely chosen to love God.  Love is real only when we can choose it.

The Bible says that God planned our salvation even “before the creation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4).  And the good news is that we don’t need to fear God’s judgment any longer, because Jesus Christ opened Heaven’s door to us by His death on the cross."  

I find nothing wrong in being the puppet of the Good Lord.  No murderers, rapists, robbers etc. Heaven would have been here on earth.  Hell would not be necessary. We never would have known about bad.  No sickness. No suffering. Just pure bliss! 

Then,  people like Billy Graham would not be necessary either. We would know what is good by default.  Would this not be the perfect scenario? 

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

According to Billy Graham, "then we would have been like puppets, unable to choose between right and wrong.

Except we aren't like puppets, we can choose right from wrong; but what proselytes don't understand is right & wrong isn't some universal law, it's individual. If you see something I do with a clear conscience, as being wrong; that's on you and your problem. That sees you as judging me and no one will judge me.....And that's why in the end people who think the same way as that will have the last laugh, because people like you will be told, "Truly, I never knew you". 

Narrow is the gate....the keeping of your own clear conscience my friend; not going out and about proselytising and stealing the God given individual minds of all others. May He have mercy on All of Your Souls!

19 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

When we finish our lives on earth, we will all stand before God and be judged for our sins.

With the current world death rate then God must be really busy. 

https://www.worldometers.info/

On average 1.8 humans die every second. That means God would have 0.56 seconds to judge each person for their sins. 

• Haha 1

McKain is dead from cancer and trump is president, if that's not proof there is no god, nothing is.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

Except we aren't like puppets, we can choose right from wrong; but what proselytes don't understand is right & wrong isn't some universal law, it's individual. If you see something I do with a clear conscience, as being wrong; that's on you and your problem. That sees you as judging me and no one will judge me.....And that's why in the end people who think the same way as that will have the last laugh, because people like you will be told, "Truly, I never knew you". 

Narrow is the gate....the keeping of your own clear conscience my friend; not going out and about proselytising and stealing the God given individual minds of all others. May He have mercy on All of Your Souls!

If the ten commandments were observed by all we would have very little conflict and a much better standard of living. It would facilitate a wide open opportunity to advance the human condition in total security. It is because of those who choose to have one set of rules for themselves and another set for everyone else that we have problems. Relative morality is a recipe for chaos.

A basic set of moral standards is the only workable foundation for a harmonized community.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cant believe that this has been going so long ,i have read quite a few of the posts ,i am not religious ,wish i was ,but i just cannot believe that one entity created billions upon billions of worlds , even less so when you realize that until the Jewish faith "discovered" him he did not exist ,then The Christians ,thought up the fact that a married woman ,who was a virgin had his son,Jesus who preached good and equality to all , hundreds of years later a divorced guy comes along ,kills and slaughters his way to power ,marries a six year old and then is acclaimed the prophet,in place of Jesus .

sorry ,but it all comes across as ,a bit made up .

oh of course ,then you have all the other Gods that others believe in . mind you ,great way to keep the great unwashed in their places.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

If the ten commandments were observed by all we would have very little conflict and a much better standard of living. It would facilitate a wide open opportunity to advance the human condition in total security. It is because of those who choose to have one set of rules for themselves and another set for everyone else that we have problems. Relative morality is a recipe for chaos.

A basic set of moral standards is the only workable foundation for a harmonized community.

Nonsense. A few of them have some actual merit, but most are vague and some actually violate freedoms that most people hold dear...such as freedom of speech, expression and religion. 

And the punishment for breaking many of them is to be DEATH. WOW!

40% (the first 4) of them are about your god's inflated ego and jealous character.

Not all parents are deserving of honor.

IMO capitalism is based on coveting and regardless, certainly not any big deal.

Working on Sunday (or is it Saturday???)...most people would be guilty of this and should be put to death???

How about some really meaningful, such as...

Thou shalt not own other people as property. (NO slavery)

Thou shalt not abuse or harm children.

Ignore Thy God's bloodlust! Animal sacrifices and burnt offerings are stoo-pid. 

Most believers can't recite >50% without looking them up. Could you? :coffee1:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I cant believe that this has been going so long ,i have read quite a few of the posts ,i am not religious ,wish i was ,but i just cannot believe that one entity created billions upon billions of worlds , even less so when you realize that until the Jewish faith "discovered" him he did not exist ,then The Christians ,thought up the fact that a married woman ,who was a virgin had his son,Jesus who preached good and equality to all , hundreds of years later a divorced guy comes along ,kills and slaughters his way to power ,marries a six year old and then is acclaimed the prophet,in place of Jesus .

sorry ,but it all comes across as ,a bit made up .

oh of course ,then you have all the other Gods that others believe in . mind you ,great way to keep the great unwashed in their places.

If you had really read the past posts, you would have seen that some of us made a great effort to make a very clear distinction between the religious dogma and the thing they all "try" to promote (the Source). It's very easy to make fun of the religious stories and those who take it so seriously. But they have very very little to do with the real thing.

A religion has only value if it can bring people closer to the Source.

Not intellectually, but through experience. Not merely through passive faith, but through active exploration of your Self. If it can't do that and instead propagates division between people ("only the true believer will go to heaven" "All infidels must die" "Ours is the only true religion" bla bla bla), then they are a worthless pile of <deleted> and deserve all ridicule you can come up with, and then some.
In that respect I'm probably closer to the viewpoint of the atheists here.

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

If you had really read the past posts, you would have seen that some of us made a great effort to make a very clear distinction between the religious dogma and the thing they all "try" to promote (the Source). It's very easy to make fun of the religious stories and those who take it so seriously. But they have very very little to do with the real thing.

A religion has only value if it can bring people closer to the Source.

Not intellectually, but through experience. Not merely through passive faith, but through active exploration of your Self. If it can't do that and instead propagates division between people ("only the true believer will go to heaven" "All infidels must die" "Ours is the only true religion" bla bla bla), then they are a worthless pile of <deleted> and deserve all ridicule you can come up with, and then some.
In that respect I'm probably closer to the viewpoint of the atheists here.

An otherwise good and reasonable post loses a lot when positive claims about "the real thing" (Coca-cola?!?) and "The Source" are inserted. Your subjective personal beliefs and experiences are not any more real than theirs just because you believe it, have experiences and say it's "the real thing". They all say so too. You think yours is real and discount theirs...they think theirs is real and discount yours...and I don't think any is real and discount all, due to lack of any demonstrable evidence.

So seriously...if you do have positive knowledge of "the real thing" and true "Source", then what are you doing here? Why not share it and prove it and be on the World's Stage...CNN, Oprah, BBC, etc...with your Nobel Prize, fame and fortune? Helping the world with all your knowledge and included benefits. 

Edited by Skeptic7