Jump to content
BANGKOK
ivor bigun

Do you believe in God and why

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Even the most eminent scientists recognize the role of religion in creating a fairly homogeneous society, yet no one can deny that horrible crimes and abuses have been committed in the name of some god or religion, or ideologies like communism and fascism.

Perhaps even capitalism can be considered an ideology.

I think we should take the positive sides of ideologies, and never become fanatics.

 

A question for you, how can you imagine humankind without ideals and ideologies ?

Perhaps we would be just another species of mammals, fighting other species for food and territory.

 

PS

Congratulations, apparently this thread have broken some record.

(And thanks to the mods for tolerating a few off topic posts)

What amazes me, is how many non-believers there are who actually don't believe in God, the Bible, and the fact Jesus Christ died for our sins.  I personally, would not want to be a non-believer on Judgement Day.  If for no other reason, the fact the Bible contains almost 30 percent Prophecy, would be reason to believe the Bible is God's word.

 

When we read about world events, it becomes crystal clear we are living in the "End Times" as written in the final book of the Bible, the book of Revelation.  

 

Mathew 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

God is just a theory. An unproven one.

The fact is that having high ideals is supposed to make your, and other people's lives better. Unfortunately it doesn't always works perfectly.

 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiztobX-MrnAhWXwTgGHelpB20QFjAHegQIDhAH&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eniscuola.net%2Fen%2F2016%2F06%2F27%2Fthe-numbers-of-nature-the-fibonacci-sequence%2F&usg=AOvVaw3YutULvD-ozBb-9_F2erk4

 

In my opinion, the "Fibonacci numbers, or the F. sequence" are sure evidence of an intelligent design.

To think otherwise is akin to think that humans are the highest intelligence among billions of stars and planets.

Just think how many chances ..

image.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

What amazes me, is how many non-believers there are who actually don't believe in God, the Bible, and the fact Jesus Christ died for our sins.  I personally, would not want to be a non-believer on Judgement Day.  If for no other reason, the fact the Bible contains almost 30 percent Prophecy, would be reason to believe the Bible is God's word.

 

When we read about world events, it becomes crystal clear we are living in the "End Times" as written in the final book of the Bible, the book of Revelation.  

 

Mathew 7:13 Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

With all the respect, can i tell you that your interpretations of the holy Bible is slightly different from mine ?

In regard of interpreting the "word of God", we should use discernment, and not take it too literally imho.

 

In regard of the "End Times" approaching, though, i agree .

Other holy books describe an era of destruction. It happened before , it will happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

With all the respect, can i tell you that your interpretations of the holy Bible is slightly different from mine ?

In regard of interpreting the "word of God", we should use discernment, and not take it too literally imho.

 

In regard of the "End Times" approaching, though, i agree .

Other holy books describe an era of destruction. It happened before , it will happen again.

End times will come, no doubt about it. 

 

Just a theory? That is quite ignorant to state, isnt ? 

 

It is hope, life, society, business, happiness, sorrow, sadness, guilt, chemicals, dope, healing, instutution where you can get help, and so much more if you just want to believe, and thrust,,,,,,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

What amazes me, is how many non-believers there are who actually don't believe in God, the Bible, and the fact Jesus Christ died for our sins.

FYI...you're the minority here on TV, tho not globally of course. I've started 2 TV Polls over the last few years and Atheists were approx 70 % to Believers 30% in both. Seems reason prevails at least here over ancient dogma and superstition. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Tagged said:

End times will come, no doubt about it. 

 

Just a theory? That is quite ignorant to state, isnt ? 

 

It is hope, life, society, business, happiness, sorrow, sadness, guilt, chemicals, dope, healing, instutution where you can get help, and so much more if you just want to believe, and thrust,,,,,,

 

 

Sorry, but your post sounds confused and confusing to me.

Surely it makes sense to you though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

God loves all of you even though you are in rebellion. Up to you.

So you are saying that God loves all other people who worship other Gods  as well ,do their Gods love people who do not worship them ,but worship your God? and your all certain that yours is the right and only God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

God loves all of you even though you are in rebellion. Up to you.

Jesus was gay. Maybe god is too.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Whether you believe or not believe in a god or some sort of theory. The question is why does it matter? 

The YOU will not even know that YOU are dead. So why ask a dead questions? We are nothing more than products of society nothing more nothing less.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Sorry, but your post sounds confused and confusing to me.

Surely it makes sense to you though.

Well, it was also an answer to Udon, who stated religion was just an theory 😉 

 

and you still point out silly statements as useal 😄, if you do not understand, there is other ways to tell people they confusing you. Have a good day Sir

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

One day you will find that putting all your faith in reason was unreasonable :coffee1:

Another unreasonable claim in a long history of them. 🍻

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Well, it was also an answer to Udon, who stated religion was just an theory 😉 

 

and you still point out silly statements as useal 😄, if you do not understand, there is other ways to tell people they confusing you. Have a good day Sir

Perhaps instead of being so touchy you could improve your English skills and try to explain what you mean.

Have a good day Sir.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...