BANGKOK
ivor bigun

Do you believe in God and why

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The part that wants to live in harmony with others and nature, and become better people.

Where is that physically located within the brain? The prefrontal lobe? The cerebrum? Where's your medical evidence that there are parts of the brain we are not using?

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Only arrogant humans would have believed that the universe was created just for us. That is something that should have been abandoned at the same time as it was discovered that the earth is not the center of the universe. Sadly, many still think that we are important on a cosmic scale, when humanity will likely exist for a mere blink of a cosmic eye. We are certainly doing our very best to pollute ourselves into extinction.

Although i would not be too harsh in condemning the whole humankind for the current situation, i agree that the probabilities of our planet hosting the most developed form of life in the whole universe is close to zero.

1 minute ago, ThaiBunny said:

Where is that physically located within the brain? The prefrontal lobe? The cerebrum? Where's your medical evidence that there are parts of the brain we are not using?

Go bait someone else. 

• Like 1

Go bait someone else. 

So you've nothing to substantiate your claims?

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Although i would not be too harsh in condemning the whole humankind for the current situation, i agree that the probabilities of our planet hosting the most developed form of life in the whole universe is close to zero.

An actually intelligent species would not spend more on weapons of war than helping people, pollute itself into extinction, and overpopulate itself beyond the ability of the environment to sustain it.

If God is actually taking an interest in planet earth and hasn't done a Pontius Pilate, IMO we will have received a big fat fail on our exam report.

An actually intelligent species would not spend more on weapons of war than helping people, pollute itself into extinction, and overpopulate itself beyond the ability of the environment to sustain it.

If God is actually taking an interest in planet earth and hasn't done a Pontius Pilate, IMO we will have received a big fat fail on our exam report.

Well, as a species we are intelligent, but perhaps less than we think.

I had a vision many years ago, as love and conflict being two sides of the same coin.

Too much love creates overpopulation, and overpopulation creates conflict.

Conflict, on the other hand, spurs creativity and intelligence, and we are back to love again.

I see it as a cycle (Samsara) ;  a very tiny number can free themselves from the cycle, we can change ourselves, but humans, as a species are wired that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:52 AM, VincentRJ said:

Wrong! We can see feelings. The expression on a person's face is an indication of how he/she feels. Surely you can recognize a facial expression of anger before a person punches you in the nose, or a facial expression of sadness, or joy, or revulsion, or disgust, and so on.

What about a blind person, if the person that hates them does not speak? Even a blind person will understand a punch in the face though.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If God is actually taking an interest in planet earth

So there's a possibility that She isn't, in which case what's the point of the discussion?

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, as a species we are intelligent, but perhaps less than we think.

I had a vision many years ago, as love and conflict being two sides of the same coin.

Too much love creates overpopulation, and overpopulation creates conflict.

Conflict, on the other hand, spurs creativity and intelligence, and we are back to love again.

I see it as a cycle (Samsara) ;  a very tiny number can free themselves from the cycle, we can change ourselves, but humans, as a species are wired that way.

You, IMO, confuse "love" with sex. Love exists without sex. If someone truly "loves", they will not cause another human being to be born if they can't be "loved" and cherished, and their environment can't sustain them.

Overpopulation is created by people that do not "love" but want to have sex regardless of the byproduct. I don't call that "love", but ignorance and selfishness.

• Haha 1

So there's a possibility that She isn't, in which case what's the point of the discussion?

Perhaps the point is trying to understand more about the intelligent design ?

..But, as you asked that question, perhaps you have the answer ?

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Perhaps the point is trying to understand more about the intelligent design ?

..But, as you asked that question, perhaps you have the answer ?

Intelligent design is your answer but how does it show that God is currently taking an interest in planet Earth?

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

You, IMO, confuse "love" with sex. Love exists without sex. If someone truly "loves", they will not cause another human being to be born if they can't be "loved" and cherished, and their environment can't sustain them.

Overpopulation is created by people that do not "love" but want to have sex regardless of the byproduct. I don't call that "love", but ignorance and selfishness.

No, i am not confusing.

Love is a broad concept, and includes the reproduction process.

Sex is the bait.

Without sex, very few would choose to reproduce.

When i was in love with my ex-wife, i loved her to bits, i enjoyed the sex a lot, and i was willing to reproduce.

One son, crazy as me, and one daughter as gifted as her mother.

Mission accomplished 😉

Intelligent design is your answer but how does it show that God is currently taking an interest in planet Earth?

I see God as eternal, thus non-born, above our comprehension, and a plethora of superior beings, or Gods, some of those having interest of what is going on the planet.

The planet itself may be a sentient being, extremely intelligent and self-conscious.

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I see God as eternal, thus non-born, above our comprehension, and a plethora of superior beings, or Gods, some of those having interest of what is going on the planet.

The planet itself may be a sentient being, extremely intelligent and self-conscious.

So if, as you say, She is "above our comprehension" how can we begin to make useful comments?

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

No, i am not confusing.

Love is a broad concept, and includes the reproduction process.

Sex is the bait.

Without sex, very few would choose to reproduce.

When i was in love with my ex-wife, i loved her to bits, i enjoyed the sex a lot, and i was willing to reproduce.

One son, crazy as me, and one daughter as gifted as her mother.

Mission accomplished 😉

Yes, but if you had little money and your children would have had no future worth living, I believe you would have not had them because you had enough "love" in you to not make children that would have a horrible life.

Love is a useless word to convey the multiple meanings it encompasses. Sex is "love" and someone willing to sacrifice their life for another also has "love". At it's most basic, I believe "love" is caring for another, or many, and if not having children is the better outcome for your wife or the environment, then it would be "love" not to have any.