Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

30 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Did these people really live this long ?  In the bronze age?   

the_worlds_oldest_people.jpg.d425cef51672a6e0a6f489332fcdeedd.jpg

According to the Bible which was confirmed by Jesus to be the word of God and factual, yes these people really did live this long.  For 1,500 years after creation, men lived such long lives that most were either contemporaries of the first man, Adam, or personally knew someone who was!  The ten patriarchs (excluding Enoch) who preceded the Great Flood lived an average of 912 years.  Lamech died the youngest at the age of 777, and Methuselah lived to be the oldest at 969.

During the 1,000 years following the Flood, the Bible records a progressive decline in the life span of the patriarchs, from Noah who lived to be 950 years old until Abraham at 175.  Moses was unusually old for his time (120 years) because, when he reflected on the brevity of life, he said: “The days of our lives are seventy years; and if by reason of strength they are eighty years, yet their boast is only labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away” (Psalm 90:10).

Fossil records reveals prior to the Flood, most of the earth appears to have had a tropical type of environment.  Following the Flood, there was clearly an environmental change resulting in an ice age that covered nearly 30 percent of the earth with ice (primarily in the northern latitudes).  This, together with other changes following the Flood, could have adversely affected life spans.

God’s Word, not science, has the complete solution to the problem of ageing and death.  The solution has been “revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel” (2 Timothy 1:10).

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, CMNightRider said:

The Bible specifies the perfect dimensions for a stable water vessel.  (Genesis 6:15)  Ship builders today are well aware the ideal dimension for a ship stability is a length six times the width.  Keep in mind, God told Noah the ideal dimensions for the ark 4,500 years ago.                                         

Are you able to tell us how many white people there are in the Bible and what their names are, CMNightRider?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

Are you able to tell us how many white people there are in the Bible and what their names are, CMNightRider?

Genesis 5–9 in the Bible, gives us the bulk of what we know about Noah and his life.  Noah was married and had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.  Each of the sons had his own wife.  In the years Noah spent building the Ark, his grandfather Methuselah and father Lamech were alive and may have even assisted Noah in some ways.  

We are told that Noah walked with the Lord and found grace in His sight (Genesis 6:8–9; cf. Ezekiel 14:1420).  We know from the genealogy listed in the Bible, Noah was in the tenth generation of the human race, and his name is related to “comfort” and “rest (Genesis 5:29).  In other writings he is also described as a “preacher of righteousness” (2 Peter 2:5) who was motivated by faith and godly fear (Hebrews 11:7).

In Noah’s day grace came in the shape of an Ark.  Today grace comes in the shape of a Cross.  The only way a person can be saved from the eternal consequences of their rebellion against God is to turn from that sin and trust in the Savior Jesus Christ—the way, the truth, and the life.  Where do you stand Mr. Bunny?

47 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Where do you stand Mr. Bunny?

Which of Noah's three sons was a white man? I'm right, am I not, in my assumption that we're all descended from one of Noah's three sons?

Edited by ThaiBunny

Genesis 5–9 in the Bible, gives us the bulk of what we know about Noah and his life.  Noah was married and had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.  Each of the sons had his own wife.  In the years Noah spent building the Ark, his grandfather Methuselah and father Lamech were alive and may have even assisted Noah in some ways.  

We are told that Noah walked with the Lord and found grace in His sight (Genesis 6:8–9; cf. Ezekiel 14:1420).  We know from the genealogy listed in the Bible, Noah was in the tenth generation of the human race, and his name is related to “comfort” and “rest (Genesis 5:29).  In other writings he is also described as a “preacher of righteousness” (2 Peter 2:5) who was motivated by faith and godly fear (Hebrews 11:7).

In Noah’s day grace came in the shape of an Ark.  Today grace comes in the shape of a Cross.  The only way a person can be saved from the eternal consequences of their rebellion against God is to turn from that sin and trust in the Savior Jesus Christ—the way, the truth, and the life.  Where do you stand Mr. Bunny?

How did the Koala bears get to the Middle East without starving?

No. Because 8 BILLION people is probably just a few too many for God to handle. Perhaps he just looks after countries with small populations like Monaco or Vatican City. Countries like China would need a few million Gods to take good care of them all.

18 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

How did the Koala bears get to the Middle East without starving?

It's obvious - they hitched a ride with the kangaroos. Express delivery

Edited by ThaiBunny

30 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Which of Noah's three sons was a white man?

Genesis 10:32 - These [are] the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood. 

Shem (Asia)
Shem (Heb. "Name") was Noah's oldest son and part of Noah's family of eight who survived the great flood. Shem and his wife were childless before the flood, but after the flood Shem bore a son at 110 years of age. He was father to five sons who became the fathers of the five Semitic nations as shown below. Shem was actually the father of the nations of the ancient Near East including the Israelites and the Jewish religion, and therefore Judaism, Islam, and Christianity sprang from the line of Shem. The Semites were particularly known for their religious zeal.

The Five Semitic Nations:

1. Elam (The Persians) settled northeast of the Persian Gulf.

2. Asshur (The Assyrians) the Biblical name for Assyria, settled between the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers.

3. Arphaxad (The Babylonians) settled in Chaldea.

4. Lud (The Lydians) settled in Asia Minor, but some of them sailed across the Mediterranean and settled in northern Africa.

5. Aram (The Syrians) the Biblical name for Syria, located north and east of Israel.

Ham (Africa)
Ham (Heb. "hot" or "Black") was Noah's second oldest son and part of the family of eight who survived the great flood. Ham and his wife bore 4 sons who became the fathers of the nations of Africa. Ham's fourth son Canaan was prophetically cursed because he gazed at his fathers nakedness while he was drunk. This curse would mean later that Canaan would lose his land to the Hebrews and would be subservient to the descendants of Shem. The Hamites were known for their physical endurance.

The Four Hamitic Nations:

1. Cush (The Ethiopians) settled in Ethiopia south of Egypt, also early in their history some of them migrated to an area north of the Persian Gulf (Gen. 10:8-10).

2. Mizraim (The Egyptians) the Bible name for Egypt, settled in northeastern Africa.

3. Phut (The Libyans) sometimes translated Libya, settled in northern Africa.

4. Canaan (The Canaanites) settled above Africa east of the Mediterranean (Later was given to the Hebrews).

Japheth (Europe)
Japheth (Heb. "God will Enlarge)") was Noah's third oldest son and part of the family of eight who survived the great flood. Japheth and Shem were both greatly blessed for respecting their father Noah. Noah's blessing on Japheth was far reaching for all of his descendants being the European (Caucasian) nations that were mentioned in Genesis 10. The Japhethites were known for their intellectual activity.

The Seven Japhetic Nations:

I. Gomer (The Cimmerians) settled north of the Black Sea, but afterwards his descendants probably occupied Germany, France, Spain and the British Isles.

2. Magog (The Scythians) lived north of the Caspian Sea.

3. Madai (The Medes) settled south of the Caspian Sea.

4. Javan (The Ionians or Greeks) Javan is the Hebrew name for Greeks, they settled in Greece.

5. Tubal (The Turks) lived south of the Black Sea.

6. Meshech (The Slavs) lived between the Black and Caspian Seas,

7. Tiras (The Etruscans) located west of the Black Sea.

Genesis 10:32 - These [are] the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood. 

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

after the flood Shem bore a son at 110 years of age

Actually his wife bore the son. Shem merely spent a few minutes impregnating her

But that extremely detailed reply does not identify the son from whom us Caucasians are descended. So who is our forbear?

13 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

It's obvious - they hitched a ride with the kangaroos. Express delivery

The Bible indicates the "Pre-flood" world was much different from what it is today, and likely to have been of uniform temperature everywhere.  Today kangaroos only live in Australia.  Prior to the flood, kangaroos and other animals most likely lived near Noah’s home.  Kangaroos did not have to hop all the way from Australia to get on the ark. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Actually his wife bore the son. Shem merely spent a few minutes impregnating her

But that extremely detailed reply does not identify the son from whom us Caucasians are descended. So who is our forbear?

That could be a question to ask Jesus when you meet him.

• Haha 1

The Bible indicates the "Pre-flood" world was much different from what it is today, and likely to have been of uniform temperature everywhere.  Today kangaroos only live in Australia.  Prior to the flood, kangaroos and other animals most likely lived near Noah’s home.  Kangaroos did not have to hop all the way from Australia to get on the ark. 

This is a circular argument that assumes the Bible is some kind of accurate reference on the physical sciences. So then there should be fossils of Wombats and Koalas found in the Middle East also.
Pure nonsense.
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

This is a circular argument that assumes the Bible is some kind of accurate reference on the physical sciences. So then there should be fossils of Wombats and Koalas found in the Middle East also.
Pure nonsense.

The flood must have washed all evidence away. Conveniently.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I'm asking you. You're the one who's making these claims. Don't you know?

That not exactly true Mr. Bunny.  I'm just stating what the Bible says.  Maybe you should take a little more time out of your day and read the Bible for yourself.

8 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The flood certainly buried everything.  I'm not sure how convenient that was. 

Kangaroo and Koala fossils buried so deep they've never been found. Certainly convenient for those who take the bible literally.

Edited by giddyup

13 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The flood certainly buried everything.  I'm not sure how convenient that was. 

There was no global flood. But the story of global mass murder (even of innocent children and babies) by a ridiculous, ruthless, vindictive, heinous FAILURE of a dickwad god is appalling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

Shem (Asia)
Shem (Heb. "Name") was Noah's oldest son and part of Noah's family of eight who survived the great flood. Shem and his wife were childless before the flood, but after the flood Shem bore a son at 110 years of age. He was father to five sons who became the fathers of the five Semitic nations as shown below. Shem was actually the father of the nations of the ancient Near East including the Israelites and the Jewish religion, and therefore Judaism, Islam, and Christianity sprang from the line of Shem. The Semites were particularly known for their religious zeal.

The Five Semitic Nations:

1. Elam (The Persians) settled northeast of the Persian Gulf.

2. Asshur (The Assyrians) the Biblical name for Assyria, settled between the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers.

3. Arphaxad (The Babylonians) settled in Chaldea.

4. Lud (The Lydians) settled in Asia Minor, but some of them sailed across the Mediterranean and settled in northern Africa.

5. Aram (The Syrians) the Biblical name for Syria, located north and east of Israel.

Ham (Africa)
Ham (Heb. "hot" or "Black") was Noah's second oldest son and part of the family of eight who survived the great flood. Ham and his wife bore 4 sons who became the fathers of the nations of Africa. Ham's fourth son Canaan was prophetically cursed because he gazed at his fathers nakedness while he was drunk. This curse would mean later that Canaan would lose his land to the Hebrews and would be subservient to the descendants of Shem. The Hamites were known for their physical endurance.

The Four Hamitic Nations:

1. Cush (The Ethiopians) settled in Ethiopia south of Egypt, also early in their history some of them migrated to an area north of the Persian Gulf (Gen. 10:8-10).

2. Mizraim (The Egyptians) the Bible name for Egypt, settled in northeastern Africa.

3. Phut (The Libyans) sometimes translated Libya, settled in northern Africa.

4. Canaan (The Canaanites) settled above Africa east of the Mediterranean (Later was given to the Hebrews).

Japheth (Europe)
Japheth (Heb. "God will Enlarge)") was Noah's third oldest son and part of the family of eight who survived the great flood. Japheth and Shem were both greatly blessed for respecting their father Noah. Noah's blessing on Japheth was far reaching for all of his descendants being the European (Caucasian) nations that were mentioned in Genesis 10. The Japhethites were known for their intellectual activity.

The Seven Japhetic Nations:

I. Gomer (The Cimmerians) settled north of the Black Sea, but afterwards his descendants probably occupied Germany, France, Spain and the British Isles.

2. Magog (The Scythians) lived north of the Caspian Sea.

3. Madai (The Medes) settled south of the Caspian Sea.

4. Javan (The Ionians or Greeks) Javan is the Hebrew name for Greeks, they settled in Greece.

5. Tubal (The Turks) lived south of the Black Sea.

6. Meshech (The Slavs) lived between the Black and Caspian Seas,

7. Tiras (The Etruscans) located west of the Black Sea.

Now I know why the Hamites are good at sports but where did the Thais come from? 

This thread has been great reading material, so I had to post.  And I RARELY post!

My ex-girlfriend of 10 years was a born-again with Borderline Personality Disorder and she cheated with many men during our relationship. In a lucid moment one night as I was preparing to move out of our home, I asked her why she 'enjoyed' so many men.  She replied that God was using her, similarly as he had used some character (I don't remember whom) in the Bible allowing him to have many women.  Either way, she was 'forgiven'.

She often asked me if I wasn't worried about going to hell.  I told her that I know so many good people that either don't have the upbringing or mentality to 'choose' another way given their upbringing.  One good example is a Thai girl I know that gives more to her parents than she takes for herself, lives in a 1 room apartment, and lived in a temple taking care of monks (don't say it), etc.  For someone so innocent, simple, and established in her upbringing and beliefs to 1) seek out another religion, or 2) be found and converted by a Christian, is out of the equation and cannot be expected IMO.

My answer was that I'd be the one in hell taking care of all of these wonderful people.

I can assure you that there is a God and I’m not that religious. I’ve just seen some true miracles in my time that can’t be explained. I’ve been through a lot of horrific experiences and there’s no way my life turned out so good by accident. I can’t explain it you would have to see it through my eyes to understand. I promise you there is a God if I told my story you would just think I’m crazy so I won’t go there just trust me God does exist that I know for a fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And how can you believe that the earth and the universe was created so perfectly by accident to give us the ability to survive here? It wasn’t an accident. Obviously it’s not a perfect world BUT, we were given free will. If you don’t believe in God you are either blind or you just have not seen the signs yet. That may sound crazy but when you eventually see them you’ll know. There’s no question this isn’t a debate God does exist. Or just keep believing in the Big Bang theory lol. I wish I could tell you what I’ve seen but if I do you’ll just think I’m crazy anyway so there’s no point. I’ve seen and experienced things that I can’t explain reasonably. If you don’t believe in God I hope you do eventually before you have to see the proof as I have because it might not necessarily be a good experience trust me. Believe. I don’t just believe I know I’ve literally seen things that I’m not going to get into on here including a near death experience. I’m honestly not making this up. Some of you honestly have no idea.

• Thanks 1

I have a story that most of you wouldn’t believe and that’s as much as I’ll say about it. Those of you who choose not to believe you’ll see one day I just hope it’s not too late when you do. I don’t necessarily believe everything the Bible says and I’m not a religious nut, I’ve just had experiences that I’ve tried to think of reasonable explanations for but there are not any earthly explanations for some of the things I’ve seen. I’m not a crackpot I’m not a conspiracy theorist I honestly have seen things that were true miracles that even doctors in the states could not explain it’s a long story that I don’t like to talk about. I don’t like to talk about my experience because it was really bad I almost lost the most important person in my life and by all scientific reasoning I should have but somehow I didn’t. I can’t explain it and I don’t want to explain it because that was the toughest time of my life and it’s behind me now. Trust me God DOES exist, it’s not a question or a debate.

• Like 1

This thread has been great reading material, so I had to post.  And I RARELY post!

My ex-girlfriend of 10 years was a born-again with Borderline Personality Disorder and she cheated with many men during our relationship. In a lucid moment one night as I was preparing to move out of our home, I asked her why she 'enjoyed' so many men.  She replied that God was using her, similarly as he had used some character (I don't remember whom) in the Bible allowing him to have many women.  Either way, she was 'forgiven'.

She often asked me if I wasn't worried about going to hell.  I told her that I know so many good people that either don't have the upbringing or mentality to 'choose' another way given their upbringing.  One good example is a Thai girl I know that gives more to her parents than she takes for herself, lives in a 1 room apartment, and lived in a temple taking care of monks (don't say it), etc.  For someone so innocent, simple, and established in her upbringing and beliefs to 1) seek out another religion, or 2) be found and converted by a Christian, is out of the equation and cannot be expected IMO.

My answer was that I'd be the one in hell taking care of all of these wonderful people.

And I don’t know I might be in hell with you that’s not 100% up to me but there is a God. I’m definitely not an angel so I don’t know what will happen to me when my time is up. I like to think I’m going up but looking back at my life I truly don’t know.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Your assurances are meaningless. For every person that believes that god saved them from disaster, there would be just as many who perished, no matter how much they prayed.

Another example....

• Sad 1