Jump to content
BANGKOK
ivor bigun

Do you believe in God and why

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, talahtnut said:

Going inside for some grub tonight, I caught

a film, about 3 med students in a hospital

experimenting on themselves in turn with

flatlining, each for 2 or 3 mins. Each described

an existance free of the body, able to move

and see things, altogether a pleasant experience.

The film seems firmly based on many peoples

genuine accounts of near death observations,

recorded by scientists.

I reckon you lot ought to atone for your sins now

before you kick the bucket..me too.

Its gettin real.

 

 

Yes!! I get all my information from the movies also. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yes!! I get all my information from the movies also. 

You missed it, the film is based on

scientific records. Have another beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, talahtnut said:

You missed it, the film is based on

scientific records. Have another beer.

Thank you

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Going inside for some grub tonight, I caught

a film, about 3 med students in a hospital

experimenting on themselves in turn with

flatlining, each for 2 or 3 mins. Each described

an existance free of the body, able to move

and see things, altogether a pleasant experience.

The film seems firmly based on many peoples

genuine accounts of near death observations,

recorded by scientists.

I reckon you lot ought to atone for your sins now

before you kick the bucket..me too.

Its gettin real.

 

 

That movie is named Flatliners.  A nice movie.  But, a movie.  A work of fiction.  I wouldn't base an afterlife existence on it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I think we all understand that, including talahtnut. I'm not sure about the scientific evidence, but there certainly is a large base of anecdotal evidence for it, and many of those recorded stories are not easy to explain away with simple pseudo-scientific downsplaining. If even only 1 out of every 10 'out-of-body' or 'near death' experience defies any possible explanation, then perhaps one should keep an open mind as to what is possible and what not.

Yep, where there is smoke there is fire 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, jimmybcool said:

That movie is named Flatliners.  A nice movie.  But, a movie.  A work of fiction.  I wouldn't base an afterlife existence on it.

 

I must admit i had heart surgery and they stopped my heart ,so i suppose i was dead ,never ever saw a light or anything , when your dead thats it ,Jesus aint waiting to greet you ,mind you he would be very busy if he had to greet all those believers.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the words of Jesus, I also like much of Buddha teaching, some part of the basic Islam is ok etc..

If we mixed all the religions to 1, then the world would be a much more peacefull place to live.

But the main problem with all the religions is the staff. The original main words is fine and ok, but when different religious humans is beginning to interpret the basic ideas then everything goes wrong. Now of days most religions is spoiled by their staff.

Another question is, is many of the religions maybe just constructed to control a population in the old days, if you see many of the religious rules they all take care of a little controling upperclass.

A god like the holy bible, coran etc I do not believe.

Something powerfull in the space, our souls will be reborned, maybe, but not a god only for some of the people on the earth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I must admit i had heart surgery and they stopped my heart ,so i suppose i was dead ,never ever saw a light or anything , when your dead thats it ,Jesus aint waiting to greet you ,mind you he would be very busy if he had to greet all those believers.

 

 

I'm not sure why people think that the flashes of thought that pass through someones brain when it is slowly being starved of oxygen as the heart is stopped are valid proof of life after death.  And like you many do not experience anything when their heart stops.  We won't know until we die - for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, finnsk said:

I like the words of Jesus, I also like much of Buddha teaching, some part of the basic Islam is ok etc..

If we mixed all the religions to 1, then the world would be a much more peacefull place to live.

But the main problem with all the religions is the staff. The original main words is fine and ok, but when different religious humans is beginning to interpret the basic ideas then everything goes wrong. Now of days most religions is spoiled by their staff.

Another question is, is many of the religions maybe just constructed to control a population in the old days, if you see many of the religious rules they all take care of a little controling upperclass.

A god like the holy bible, coran etc I do not believe.

Something powerfull in the space, our souls will be reborned, maybe, but not a god only for some of the people on the earth.

 

I know i have not read all of the koran ,TORA or the bible ,but The jewish faith came first ,and Christianity when it started incorporated some of it ,then hundreds of years later Islam came and lets face it it incorporated so much of the Christian and Jewish faiths , its just a shame it has morphed into what it is today ,on the whole ,In Fact a bit like Christianity was in the middle ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rapture is an end times event where Jesus Christ returns for His Church.  According to the Bible, the event will be instantaneous, in the “twinkling of an eye.”  While Scripture nowhere encourages us to try to determine the date of Jesus’ return, we are told to keep watch because we don’t know what day our Lord will come (Matthew 24:42).  We are in the end times right now.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, CMNightRider said:

The Rapture is an end times event where Jesus Christ returns for His Church.  According to the Bible, the event will be instantaneous, in the “twinkling of an eye.”  While Scripture nowhere encourages us to try to determine the date of Jesus’ return, we are told to keep watch because we don’t know what day our Lord will come (Matthew 24:42).  We are in the end times right now.   

Meanwhile the Jewish faith are still waiting for their version of Jesus ,or Mohamed to turn up perhaps this was the time he was waiting for?.

Edited by ivor bigun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 8:46 AM, CMNightRider said:

The Rapture is an end times event where Jesus Christ returns for His Church.  According to the Bible, the event will be instantaneous, in the “twinkling of an eye.”  While Scripture nowhere encourages us to try to determine the date of Jesus’ return, we are told to keep watch because we don’t know what day our Lord will come (Matthew 24:42).  We are in the end times right now.   

As Christians have been claiming for centuries. Why? Because there are always plagues, drought, floods, locusts, etc., and that's how they maintain control.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, frantick said:

As Christians have been claiming for centuries. Why? Because there are always plagues, drought, floods, locusts, etc., and that's how they maintain control.

 

 

Pls be careful when talking about Christians, as you may find that the ones you are referring to as Christians, are no Christians at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Pls be careful when talking about Christians, as you may find that the ones you are referring to as Christians, are no Christians at all.

Why be careful? Many "Christians" contend that other "Christians" are no Christians at all. That is why there are (at least) 200 denominations of the Christian superstition. Some even claim thousands of denominations. Obviously even the Christians have no idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...