BANGKOK 23 April 2019 14:53

As a 'funny' aside, when I was very young my parents had a 'plaque' (can't think of the right word) on the wall saying "Conscience is the still, small voice that tells you you're about to be caught!"

Odd, how I still remember it after all these decades.  Probably 'cos it annoyed me as a small child, not understanding the meaning.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:18 PM, CMNightRider said:

How anyone looking at their surroundings and nature could ever deny God the Creator is beyond me.  All you need to know about life and death is clearly stated in the Bible (KJV).  

There are one of two things that will happen upon death.  You will be condemned to eternity in Hell or spend eternity in Heaven.  To spend eternity in Heaven, all you have to do is ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins, accept God as your creator, and repent from your sins.

Rather than posting ridicules comments about God, you would be better served to read the Bible (KJV) yourself.  Why on earth anyone would choose eternity in Hell is beyond me.   

Any god who "condemns" a morally good person to 'hell' because that person believes in a different god, or no god at all, yet welcomes a bunch of paedophiles, rapists and murderers into 'heaven' because they believe in him, and say they're sorry, is not worth worshipping, praising or begging forgiveness from.  Further more, the whole business of going to heaven or hell based on what you believe in is a childish argument, and should be left behind with maturity into adulthood, just like "if you don't eat your vegetables the bogey man will get you".

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

As a 'funny' aside, when I was very young my parents had a 'plaque' (can't think of the right word) on the wall saying "Conscience is the still, small voice that tells you you're about to be caught!"

Odd, how I still remember it after all these decades.  Probably 'cos it annoyed me as a small child, not understanding the meaning.

Careful, "hearing the voices" , or admit to it, is not very PC nowadays :whistling:

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Any god who "condemns" a morally good person to 'hell' because that person believes in a different god, or no god at all, yet welcomes a bunch of paedophiles, rapists and murderers into 'heaven' because they believe in him, and say they're sorry, is not worth worshipping, praising or begging forgiveness from.  Further more, the whole business of going to heaven or hell based on what you believe in is a childish argument, and should be left behind with maturity into adulthood, just like "if you don't eat your vegetables the bogey man will get you".

Santa Claus is the entry level invisible "minder" for many kids in the West, because they are too young grasp the heaven or hell reward/punishment system.  

The Santa System (SS for short), employs a reward/punishment system little kids can identify with - toys.  He's watching all year long, keeps a list too.  Judgement Day comes once a year, the nice kids are rewarded, the naughties are punished with exclusion and ridicule.  Parents and siblings enjoy watching the naughty one suffer their foretold fate. 

It's all a lie, meant to control and reinforce behavior but moreover, conditions the little minds for transition into The Big Lie.  The Risk/Reward items and time frame change, but the fundamentals and the sadistic, mind-<deleted> procedure, is the same.   Toys or nothing on a 1-year cycle is replaced with eternal life after death in paradise or eternal pain and torture in a lake of fire.  Similarly,  adult believers get off lecturing sinners and doubters, warning and threatening of the terrible fate awaiting them. 

BelieveConformComplyOr else.  

On 4/16/2019 at 4:40 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Right so you gotta take Pascal's wager for ALL deities...NOT just one. ALL...cuz if you believe in the wrong deity, suffer the consequences.

Like say The Flying Spaghetti Monster that the Pastafarians believe in. If you don't love pasta and have it at least once a week and truly enjoy it...spend eternity drowning in a noodly pot of boiling water! :vampire:

And you have to go around with an upturned saucepan on your head (handle pointing backwards) to comply with the religious silly hat requirement.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, xkkpafi said:

And you have to go around with an upturned saucepan on your head (handle pointing backwards) to comply with the religious silly hat requirement.

Drat, I thought it was forward...No wonder I was getting funny looks....🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Santa Claus is the entry level invisible "minder" for many kids in the West,

I strongly disagree. Its fairies.

4 minutes ago, xkkpafi said:

Hahaha...actually it's a colander, but YES

PSX_20190423_092113.jpg

PSX_20190423_092049.jpg

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Hahaha...actually it's a colander, but YES 

PSX_20190423_092113.jpg

PSX_20190423_092049.jpg

To any Pastafarian, I am deeply and profoundly sorry for insulting your religion; I am ashamed and in complete remorse for suggesting you wear saucepans. This should be a lesson to all - my ignorance is unforgivable.

On 4/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, CharlieH said:

No offence to those that do,  but for me, its just  "an invisible friend for adults".

I sooner believe in sexy bar girls...instant gratification, all my desires are met. no waiting, no praying for possibility🤣 just pay and go, done!

Edited by mike787

1 minute ago, mike787 said:

I sooner pray to sexy bar girls...instant gratification, all my desires are met. no waiting, no praying for possibility🤣

In other words - pure heaven 😉

If someone told you, in all seriousness, that they talk to invisible beings who control the universe, you’d probably back away slowly, nodding and smiling, while desperately looking for the nearest exit or escape route. If this person then said they wanted to be in charge of your life, you’d probably do the same, but more urgently, and with a view to finding the nearest police officer.

And yet, this happens all the time.........it's called religion.

5 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

In other words - pure heaven 😉

In heaven, bargirls do it for free, they're all 3 holers and there's no requirement for condoms.

Oh, and the wife doesn't feed your dick to the ducks if you get caught.

Edited by Spidey
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

In heaven, bargirls do it for free, they're all 3 holers and there's no requirement for condoms.

Similarities with Sihanoukville.......... and parts of Pattaya.

Edited by Jip99

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Similarities with Sihanoukville.......... and parts of Pattaya.

True. Always manage 2 out of 3 in Pattaya.

Quick, change the subject, sanemax (aka Mary Whitehouse) will be along in a minute!

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1