BANGKOK
ivor bigun

Do you believe in God and why

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

We don't come back, and that's the point. God gives us one chance to do what he asks of us, and if we fail, we don't enter heaven.

No, sorry, that s pure indoctrination.as I believe that physical life is a reflection of what happens in higher realms, the sleeping state can be compared to death. Waking up can be compared to a new life, and what you learned yesterday you will carry with you today and tomorrow. Heaven and hell are just States of mind, and the father always forgives the son s mistakes, as well illustrated in the parable of the prodigal son.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

As the French say: 'C'est le ton qui fait la musique'.

No problem at all with differing views, that often helps re-calibrating your own thought-process.

But big problem with contemptuous and condescending remarks disguised as 'own opinion'.

Well there we have it, you cannot "take" criticism over your beliefs, where is your inner spirit I keep hearing about, I can tell you one thing, Jehovah Witness folk can, I have the T-shirt to all parties walking away with a smile....😊 

Just now, transam said:

Who told you that....?

Years of teachings from many priests, preachers, other Christians and the Bible. But of course, they're all wrong and you are right. We all came from an explosion of matter that all of a sudden was just there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

You've watched that film......😂

Not really fond of movies, as life is a great movie in itself.

So, no, just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Years of teachings from many priests, preachers, other Christians and the Bible. But of course, they're all wrong and you are right. We all came from an explosion of matter that all of a sudden was just there.

umm... i think you confused me with someone else.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

Who told you that?

God.............😂

1 minute ago, transam said:

God.............😂

Of course, but which one of your gods? Einstein, Darwin or Neil Degrassi-Tyson?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Nearly 30% of the world's population (2.34 billion people) believe in reincarnation. Are they all wrong, and you're right? Because it's written in a book? The priests, the preachers and the other Christians only learned it from that book, so they don't count as a reliable source of information.

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

So Earth bound non-scientist blokes get your vote, scientists nil...

I rest my case and umbrella, as it's raining here..............🤭

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heppinger said:

Of course, but which one of your gods? Einstein, Darwin or Neil Degrassi-Tyson?

Probably Dyson....🤓

1 minute ago, Sunmaster said:

The priests, the preachers and the other Christians only know it from that book, so they don't count as a reliable source of information.

Esoteric Christians take reincarnation as a fact. I have reasons to believe that in the official narrative, the reincarnation theory has been omitted or adulterated, although in the new testament there are a few references to past lives of Jesus and John the Baptist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

We don't come back, and that's the point. God gives us one chance to do what he asks of us, and if we fail, we don't enter heaven.

In my world-view - which for sure is not gospel - the Ego or Personality of Fred Wiggy or Peter Denis or any other person does NOT come back.  But the divine spark in Fred Wiggy or Peter Denis (our Essence) can decide to come back, and in my case it surely will as there are still many lessons that I did prove in my daily life not to have learned and internalized yet. 

But despite my belief in this ever-recurring Cycle of Re-Birth and my Essence (not my personality) coming back, I also believe that you should live your present life as if it is your Last One. 

Eventually also the Eternal Procrastinator will fulfill his life-destiny but might take 'an eternity', so to twist the saying a bit > don't postpone till your next life, what you can do in this one.  

• Like 2

Just now, Sunmaster said:

Nearly 30% of the world's population (2.34 billion people) believe in reincarnation. Are they all wrong, and you're right? Because it's written in a book? The priests, the preachers and the other Christians only know it from that book, so they don't count as a reliable source of information.

And the 30% aren't a reliable source either. I thought you believed in God, and if you do, you would know that we only have one chance. Do you take both sides just to make an argument or are you suffering from a disorder? It doesn't matter what anyone believes. No one can help you enter heaven. It's a personal relationship with God (Jesus) that matters. Everyone can have their opinions, and not everyone is right. It doesn't matter if I'm right or wrong to anyone but myself. I choose one way, others choose their way. This thread is asking do you believe and why. I've stated my reasons. Others have stated theirs. Only one side is right, and this we will all find out soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Esoteric Christians take reincarnation as a fact. I have reasons to believe that in the official narrative, the reincarnation theory has been omitted or adulterated, although in the new testament there are a few references to past lives of Jesus and John the Baptist.

Yes, that's my understanding as well, and one of the reasons I don't hold that book in a high regard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Probably Dyson....🤓

haha good answer, i can't debunk him 🙂