Brexit cannot define us, says UK PM's deputy as ratings dip

webfact

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

Brexitism is a manifestation of the far right. They feed of the gullible knowing the only way to get power is to fragment society.

If you don't think Brexit is ultra-right they look who you are keeping company with...open your eyes and smell the coffee.

http://time.com/5568322/nationalism-in-europe/?fbclid=IwAR3t05WH5MQYPdZzy-cZ859aXFTMr2Q11cZbcdnU8RPbyG0W-LeMp3mfLgc#

I agree, and the fight against mindless populism could go on for a long time. See pic from "Pants to brexit"

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 13.28.35.png

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Much like those that would prefer leave think:

1) Accept the eu/may deal

2) Remain

Complete joke,  but of course remaners will never accept this.....

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

And yet you think those who are looking for:

1) accept deal

2) remain

is ok???

Get over yourself....

Where did I say that? 

On 4/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, Lucius verus said:

DUMBASTHEYCOME

Melbourne USA? Sounds like one of those places in USA named after others. Ie. Sparta USA ,Carthage USA ,Athens USA.

What's the history of Melbourne in USA? How old is it.

Named after some English Lord/Earl or other.

The 'people' did not vote to leave. Get that straight. A minority of the people voted to leave, as did a minority vote to remain. The vast majority of people who could have voted did not vote at all. 

It would be fair to say that as the vast majority didn't vote to leave, your statement is incorrect.
Hence a peoples vote should include several options, one of which is 'Couldn't care less'.
"Couldn't care less being people who really couldn't care less as long as the benefits keep pop into their bank a/c regularly??

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well now..that will be the fault if the current govt of the day!!

It's my view that both remainers and leavers have little idea on what happens next if May's amended withdrawal deal gets through parliament. Yes, there is going to be a transitional period, which, IMO, is going to be one of the largest upheavels Britain has ever faced.

Apart from that, although I've read many downsides to Brexit, and I haven't heard any upsides from the government, CBI, or BoE. That is of concern, because I'm sure the government does not have a plan in place to handle the aftermath and prepare Britain to go it alone.

So all your leavers, put on your thinking hats and instead of regurgitating 'I want to leave' ad infinitum, please share with the uninformed exactly what you think should be put in place to revigorate the economy, strengthen the pound, and what's best for Britain, once we enter the transitional period.

Bear in mind, you'll receive no help from the EU. You've left, get on with it. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, damascase said:

One would have to be utterly stupid to believe what you are spreading here. Maliciousteddy would be a more apropriate name for you to use..

I wouldn't be too bothered. It is just preaching to the choir. Everyone has their own position and nobody is about to budge, especially not on here.

1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

No...SOME people voted to leave in a corrupted and flawed referendum.

Yes, the MAJORITY of the voting electorate voted to Leave, that's why we are going to Leave.
Why do you losers keep going on about it - you lost, get over it. If there was anything that was corrupt or flawed they would have had the result overturned long ago. But there wasn't, they couldn't find anything to bring that about, so they can't and you can't.
You are wasting your own and everybody's time dwelling on the referendum. The situation has moved on since then, we now have firm legislation to Leave. Two major Acts voted for by the majority of the parliamentarians. The first to invoke Article 50 and the second to legalise all the procedure and actually get us a Withdrawal. That we have not already done so is the issue, not the referendum result from nearly three years ago.

2 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Brexitism is a manifestation of the far right. They feed of the gullible knowing the only way to get power is to fragment society.

If you don't think Brexit is ultra-right they look who you are keeping company with...open your eyes and smell the coffee.

http://time.com/5568322/nationalism-in-europe/?fbclid=IwAR3t05WH5MQYPdZzy-cZ859aXFTMr2Q11cZbcdnU8RPbyG0W-LeMp3mfLgc#

Sensationalist claims - read your own link carefully - it doesn't associate Brexit and the far-right anywhere - coffee smells good. 

32 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Yes, the MAJORITY of the voting electorate voted to Leave, that's why we are going to Leave.
Why do you losers keep going on about it - you lost, get over it. If there was anything that was corrupt or flawed they would have had the result overturned long ago. But there wasn't, they couldn't find anything to bring that about, so they can't and you can't.
You are wasting your own and everybody's time dwelling on the referendum. The situation has moved on since then, we now have firm legislation to Leave. Two major Acts voted for by the majority of the parliamentarians. The first to invoke Article 50 and the second to legalise all the procedure and actually get us a Withdrawal. That we have not already done so is the issue, not the referendum result from nearly three years ago.

That's because time has moved on and it is obvious that as at now, any form of Brexit is going to ruin the UK's economy, suffocate business, and bring about a further devaluation of the pound.

But of course you think roses will grow out of the manure... 

2 hours ago, wilcopops said:

That's not clarification...that's sitting on the fence

It means an alternative route than not to have any plan to what's best for Britain. Brexit is a failure, but there was a probability had we stayed in the EU to have used our seat to bring about change.

And if that sounds idealistic so does Brexit.

4 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

It means an alternative route than not to have any plan to what's best for Britain. Brexit is a failure, but there was a probability had we stayed in the EU to have used our seat to bring about change.

And if that sounds idealistic so does Brexit.

David Cameron tried that already, achieved nothing

That's because time has moved on and it is obvious that as at now, any form of Brexit is going to ruin the UK's economy, suffocate business, and bring about a further devaluation of the pound.

But of course you think roses will grow out of the manure... 

As time has moved on it’s becoming more obvious that Brexit will only be a success for the UK economy. You have bought into the three year old Project Fear propaganda and are still promoting it.
The pound probably will recover when the ‘uncertainty’ has gone. Meantime, I selfishly don’t care if it drops further, but for the good of everybody else will happily see it bounce back after a clean Brexit.

I can assure you that the biggest and best roses grow with good old manure.

Which comes at a cost, and a very costly one at that. Already Brexit's costs have exceeded over a billion quid. Think what that taxpayers money could have been used for instead.   

That looks low. Have you forgotten to include the unnecessary EU contributions over the last three years. Should be about 26 Billion wasted in there.
Wasted on three years of Remainerism costs, when it should have been going back into the UK.
Come on, you Remainers are costing us a fortune daily with all your nonsense.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

As time has moved on it’s becoming more obvious that Brexit will only be a success for the UK economy.

And while every renowned economist and business says the exact opposite we are supposed to believe the people who brought us other great promises such as 350 million per week for the NHS, the easiest deal in history and lots of easily rolled over trade deals. 

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

Didn’t you on 29 March already? ???? 

Why do you losers keep going on about it - you lost, get over it.

Are you sure about that? ???? 

If there was anything that was corrupt or flawed they would have had the result overturned long ago.

The court said it was, and the only reason the result wasn’t declared void was because it isn’t legally binding anyway. 

But there wasn't, they couldn't find anything to bring that about, so they can't and you can't.

Brexiteers telling lies again. 

You are wasting your own and everybody's time dwelling on the referendum. The situation has moved on since then, we now have firm legislation to Leave. Two major Acts voted for by the majority of the parliamentarians. The first to invoke Article 50 and the second to legalise all the procedure and actually get us a Withdrawal. 

Legislation can be changed ???? 

5 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Which comes at a cost, and a very costly one at that. Already Brexit's costs have exceeded over a billion quid. Think what that taxpayers money could have been used for instead.   

Ok then, a costly cost it must be. SOLD!

13 hours ago, Loiner said:

That looks low. Have you forgotten to include the unnecessary EU contributions over the last three years. Should be about 26 Billion wasted in there.
Wasted on three years of Remainerism costs, when it should have been going back into the UK.
Come on, you Remainers are costing us a fortune daily with all your nonsense.

So you don't think by going alone, that it's not going to cost the UK - apart from committments as a participater in combined European projects that would be ongoing for several years. 

You have a mindset that doesn't relate to the financial reality of exiting the EU. That includes your skewed view that the UK economy won't suffer, nor would the pound. 

So, if you excuse me I won't respond to any more of your rubbish. 

7 hours ago, wilcopops said:

More sensationalism and this is from August 2013! Even the story shows that JRM was poorly advised before the dinner and that he admits his mistake in attending. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel as usual and then conflating a story with no proof but only quotes "links" to this and that. Keep up the bad work.  

1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

It is clear from the Brexiteers post here that Brexit is a hard right movement....those campaigning for it see it as an opportunity to make money or power for themselves...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-33508850?fbclid=IwAR0Ac6YZhSpGlYCLvcJIVTOvkgE6tIRk4JQS7sga_QqhhYDAHtI1azwF9yY

Hard bent is not hard right. But you don't say he was kicked out by UKIP. False claim here again.

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

So you don't think by going alone, that it's not going to cost the UK - apart from committments as a participater in combined European projects that would be ongoing for several years. 

You have a mindset that doesn't relate to the financial reality of exiting the EU. That includes your skewed view that the UK economy won't suffer, nor would the pound. 

And you have a mindset that doesn't relate to the realities of remaining in the EU.

So you don't think by going alone, that it's not going to cost the UK - 

All that will be money well spent.

Response is not mandatory. Thanks very much.

Archived