Hints, but no proof of crime, in Mueller's hunt for a Trump-Russia conspiracy

webfact

On 4/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, Tug said:

We regular guys

should have the redacted report but both houses should get the unredacted report what are the trumpers afaraid of

As has been said a million times grand jury stuff is legally off limits. You are going to have to do some soul searching until you accept it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

According to the latest Fox News poll Trump's job approval ratings are virtually the same as they were before the release of the Mueller report. 65 percent reported that the Mueller report hadn't changed their feelings about him at all. 10 percent did say they do feel better about Trump. On the other hand 17 percent felt worse about him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-approval-of-president-trump-steady-since-mueller-probe-ended

So you mean he is still in good shape to win the election? The man only needs to hold serve.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, chokrai said:

His predecessor in the Oval office is the biggest slimeball to ever sit behind the desk. He was behind all of this Trump/Russia BS and I hope Barr exposes him for the for the little shit he is.

Agree with what you say, except he wasn't little, either in stature, or in the rest that you mention.

It must have been an enormous shock for him when he realised his stooge wasn't going to be able to carry on with his programme, and all the crimes might come out. 

5 hours ago, bristolboy said:

According to the latest Fox News poll Trump's job approval ratings are virtually the same as they were before the release of the Mueller report. 65 percent reported that the Mueller report hadn't changed their feelings about him at all. 10 percent did say they do feel better about Trump. On the other hand 17 percent felt worse about him.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-approval-of-president-trump-steady-since-mueller-probe-ended

The only opinion report that matters is the election in 2020.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only opinion report that matters is the election in 2020.

The guy you quoted would never accept Fox News as a source if you cited them. He is being a bit disingenuous every time he uses Fox as a source himself. As I said earlier to win all Trump has to do is stay the course. He will likely lose by a larger amount of the popular vote but that doesn't matter, The crying is going to be extravagant. 

The report was released on the day before good Friday for a purpose and before it was released Barr held a news conference that totally deflected attention from the obstruction  investigation.  It was done in this way because congress will be in recess for the next 10 days and by then the news cycle will have changed.  Trump might be threatening Narau for exporting bird shit at less than the current market value and threatening either tariffs or a preemptive nuclear strike. IMHO,  USA politics has really reached the bottom with no hope in site!

Having failed ( again ) to pin any crime on Trump, the plan is apparently now to dangle the possibility of impeachment to keep the populace in an uproar, one side against the other, just as they have been using the Mueller investigation for the past 2 years. Even Al Jazeera has bought into the hysteria with a report claiming that Pelosi has "left the door a tiny bit open to the possibility of impeachment".

Oh well, it's easier than actually making laws to better the populace, I suppose.

Now Donald doesent like the report lol it’s finally sinking in he and his cronies were exposed for what they are if he wasent potus he would be in Leavenworth if you or I had that much proof against us we would be in Jail

35 minutes ago, Tug said:

Now Donald doesent like the report lol it’s finally sinking in he and his cronies were exposed for what they are if he wasent potus he would be in Leavenworth if you or I had that much proof against us we would be in Jail

Obama himself said there was no election interference in the video I posted two posts above, Now there are things in the report coming out that implicate some people and charges can be proven, the story isn’t as simple as it seems. 

One could say any conclusions from the report itself are now under dispute. FWIW I also gave a link to the article from CNN no less that details what I am talking about.

21 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Obama himself said there was no election interference in the video I posted two posts above, Now there are things in the report coming out that implicate some people and charges can be proven, the story isn’t as simple as it seems. 

One could say any conclusions from the report itself are now under dispute. FWIW I also gave a link to the article from CNN no less that details what I am talking about.

The Obama link was before the election. US intelligence and the Mueller report state unequivocally there was Russian interference during the election process. The unknown is now much Russian interference actually influenced voter behaviour.

46 minutes ago, simple1 said:

The Obama link was before the election. US intelligence and the Mueller report state unequivocally there was Russian interference during the election process. The unknown is now much Russian interference actually influenced voter behaviour.

Of course there was Russian interference, and probably Chinese, Nth Korean and a bunch of sad boys in basements as well.

Just like the US will interfere in other countries elections as well.

The ONLY thing to consider is whether Trump COLLUDED. Mueller found NO evidence of that, so no case to answer.

BTW, contacts between Russians and US citizens is not criminal- it's not 1950 anymore.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course there was Russian interference, and probably Chinese, Nth Korean and a bunch of sad boys in basements as well.

Just like the US will interfere in other countries elections as well.

The ONLY thing to consider is whether Trump COLLUDED. Mueller found NO evidence of that, so no case to answer.

BTW, contacts between Russians and US citizens is not criminal- it's not 1950 anymore.

The Mueller Report was not just focused on coordination with a foreign power. Once an Administration gets into power which is more concerned regards the ethics of a President I would guess relevant legislation will be tightened up to cover intent, encouragement and so on. trump's team broke prescient in liaising with a foreign power prior to inauguration to influence Russian policy matters; again I would assume further legislation to clamp down on such activity, increase penalties etc. Whataboutism is not an argument for criminal defence.

Overall trump was proven by the Mueller Report to be a repeat liar, attempted bullying to try and force his officials to lie to the public plus personally misinformed the US public. His never ending claims of 'false news' were also proven to be lies. To echo other posters views, why on earth would anyone want this thoroughly corrupt man to be reelected in 2020.

In the meantime we will see what State level investigators uncover, would come as no surprise whatsoever to me the trump organisation was directly involved with a number of criminal matters.

Archived